My 12 pack 65 Cuda

-
could you post pics of how the bars up front connect to your roll cage???? Im interested in doing something similar and i like what i have seen of yours. did you buy a kit or did you just have someone do it for you.

Post # 67 has photos of the attaching points.

No kit, self performed, bought material at local metal yard and a HF pipe bender. Beer from local mom & pop store for inspiration.
Did a dry run on the main hoops with 1" EMT pipe for mockup.
Leave material long and as I call it "sneak up on it", test fit,trim,beer,test fit,trim,beer, until proper length.

I am by far no car/fabrication guru.....basic welding and fab skills/tools are all thats required.
I am sure there are some whom may not approve of my design or application ie: able to pass tech, but the whole idea of the cage for me is add rigidity to the car and possibly aid in traction control.

After having some paint issues on top of the car, this is the dirrection I went in.

Camera batterries gave up the ghost, more pic's on the morrow.

1st pic is before clear
2nd after first coat, two more afterwards.
Cut and buff tomorrow.

23659_110750062288703_100000611292404_127253_2004943_s.jpg

CAR.jpg

HOLY $HIT that looks awesome Roger!!! Definitely worth the wait my friend ... your paint guy deserves a good bl uhhhhhhhhhhhhh pat on the back. Stellar efforts! Can't wait to see it finished. I know you can't either.

Congratulations! Bet it's gonna be tough staying out of town now that your baby is home waiting on you.

Yeah, I'm happy with the results so far, can't wait to get home in another 3-4 weeks to get to work on it.

To do list: Oil re-location kit ...............w/Leanna's custom touch
Fuel lines carb to tank
Install mini-starter
Install U.S. Radiator triplepass optima core
Plumb trans-cooler lines/mount trans-cooler
Install Cheeta Turbo shifter
Fire it off for the 1st time in the car, previously broken in on run in stand.

Install door latch's and striker plates......Leanna's touch again.
Windlace and door/glass rubbers
Rear tail lights/bumper/stainless trim/badging
Measure for Mark Williams Chromemoly drive shaft.

I'll only have 7-8 days at home then off to work again,of those two will be honey-do days. I'll feel accomplished if these goals are met.

xmas 082 (Small).jpg

Cooolll I love the 12 pack cuda!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its not very often people save them and do such a thorough job. I like custom touches and giving a car your own flair. The 12 pack cuda is one good looking machine :D

I like your car !!!!.
Hope to see it in person someday when it's finished.
We are not that far from each other as I am just over here in Orange City, Fl and your welcome to come over.
Grant Eaton 407-947-9005

The paint looks great. I love the 2 tone with the colors you chose. Tell us what the colors are and what products you used. Looks like B5 for the body and EE-1 (dark blue poly aka midnight metalic blue) for the top. I like the combo so much I've been thinking about adding a little pinstripe of B5 on my 66 Convertible Valiant.

Love the progress and the nicely detailed work.

Thanks all for the compliments, I'm yet to see it in person myself, halfway across the country at the moment in Corpus Christi,TX.

The paint is an RM Diamount system from start to finish, the topside is a code 99 dodge Black, body is an Intense Blue Pearl shot over a Black base coat. Five coats of clear tops it off.

Again thanks for the positive comments......FABO keeps me focused on the task at hand.

Roger

Great looking car. I want mine to look like that. Could you advise the tire and wheel sizes?

Great looking car. I want mine to look like that. Could you advise the tire and wheel sizes?

Front.......5x15 3" BS....26x6
Rear........10x15 3.75 BS.....28x12

Keep in mind I removed 1.25" from leading edge of front wheel well
1.50" from leading edge of rear wheel well

She doe extremely nice work.
These latchs are slicker than two eels in a bucket of snot.
She had also done my strike plates in a previous order.
Thinking of sending her the steering colum as well.

IMG_0660.JPG

IMG_0772.JPG

IMG_0777.JPG

IMG_0778.JPG

-
Back