My 12 pack 65 Cuda

-
I had a little time left on my hands this last week before being assigned to a new project.
Decided to work on the trunk area. I had some cardboard (templates) & sheet alum laying around.

Attachments

• FEB 012 (Medium).jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 481
  • FEB 014 (Medium).jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 434
  • FEB 017 (Medium).jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 436
  • FEB 023 (Medium).jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 442
My helper...............3:00 a.m. and she still has a smile

Attachments

• FEB 009 (Medium).jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 458
Wow, awesome Roger! Gonna have to call you the Master of Metal before it's all over and done with. :-D Congrats on getting it one step closer.

nice job how did it work out putting the fuse box in the trunk ?? it use to be common in street rods,,now the wiring companies seem to frown on it,,,to much voltage drop runnning that length of wire,,,i too want to mount mine in the trunk,when that project comes to life,,

buy the way 3 am she s smilin,,shes a keeper,,,

Figure to run the headlights & wipers off relays.....as far as the gauge cluster lights,turn signals can't be any worse than running the tail lights all the way to the rear. Possibly install a power distribution block from alternater under dash.

Yup 3 am and covered with alum shards........the only thing that would make her happier would to be at home in bed.LOL

Be surprised what that woman will do after a 12 pack of 16 oz tall boys.

Got the hood on and started throwing some parts on the front.

Attachments

• 057.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 463
  • 051.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 493
Dosent the barracuda just clean up real well with that valiant grill?

Did you make a pattern for those panels you welded into the trunk of the car? I'm thinking about making something like that out of wood and upholstering it. If you have the patterns, think you can send them to me?

I have got to spend more time in the restoration forum :happy10:
Thank you for a great early A barracuda build =P~=P~
Now to get caught up :happy10:

I like the 64 valiant grille,It's very lightweight,I had 5 bids on e bay to get the grille for the "waggin" and won em all,when faced with the thought of waggin II I saved that and put the cuda stuff on my street car "waggin" but that grille looks so sexy up on that thing can I take it on a date? :burnout:

Attachments

• waggin64grille.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 443
  • waggin in primer.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 410
Dosent the barracuda just clean up real well with that valiant grill?

Did you make a pattern for those panels you welded into the trunk of the car?

The grill, sourced from Smallblock's parts car, was a have to have when I seen it......very nice shape. Wasn't actually sure if I was going to use it untill the hood went on. Still have two nice cuda sets put up if things change.

The panel patterns have been tossed........I originally rough cut a square of cardboard and started trimming/tapeing to fit utilizing 12 & 18 pack boxes. Crude but effective.
Short piece of 1" angle bolted to trunk floor and used Threadsert's in two places top and bottom..........so as to access tail lights and such.

And what ever you do DO NOT BUY BUMPERS FROM BUMPER BOYZ they SUCK.
I originally purchased front and rear 5 years ago......rear has been on the car for a year or so .......has rust spots coming through, pretty much never been out of building. The front I just unpackaged and it has two silver dollar size spots where the chrome is just peeling off. I was not aware of the BByz rep until after the purchase and been dreading the day of unveiling my ghetto front bumper.......Live and learn I guess, should have known better than dealing with hood rats.

both my 66 bumpers are from bumper boyz,,,bought at different times,, at least 10 years old,,,look great never had any problems,,,

bumpers on my street rod,,,look great but soft chrome,,a dry rag would almost scratch them,, and along with other problems they were rechromed at tri city in tenn,,,,to much b,s, ill never have them do any chrome for me on a car that im keeping,,,,,you get what you pay for,,,

Well 8 months later..............
Finally got around to having the car wired up. I just could never find the time to tackle the task between assignments. I left the cuda at a friends shop at Thanksgiving before leaving town and he just called today to let me know it is all done.
All lights, gauges, trunk mount battery etc complete. Can't wait to actually sit in the seat, hit the switch and have them Cobalt gauges come to life.
This was the last big stumbling block to overcome.
Interior should go fairly well, install glass, front alignment and I can tag it.

BTW....10 years this April since I tore it down....by the end of this year it won't be an expensive garage ornament any longer.

Well 8 months later..............
Finally got around to having the car wired up. I just could never find the time to tackle the task between assignments. I left the cuda at a friends shop at Thanksgiving before leaving town and he just called today to let me know it is all done.
All lights, gauges, trunk mount battery etc complete. Can't wait to actually sit in the seat, hit the switch and have them Cobalt gauges come to life.
This was the last big stumbling block to overcome.
Interior should go fairly well, install glass, front alignment and I can tag it.

BTW....10 years this April since I tore it down....by the end of this year it won't be an expensive garage ornament any longer.

I want video. :-D

Well the cuda is back .....

About 5 years ago after a blast down the street and the hood opening and a lil bit of paint damage I covered the car up and and walked away in disgust.... at myself.
It became a permanent shop ornament for a few years ..... got to a point the it didn’t even bother me anymore to walk around it. Came close a few times to selling it, but figured I would ultimately regret if I did.
Recently uncovered it, cleaned the fuel system, threw a battery in it, changed the coolant, changed and primed the oil and fired it off for the first time in 5 years. Adjusteded the valves and rebuilt the carb.
Original plans were to pimp the interior, but now just Raptor liner the inside.
Going to put the glass in and tag it and let her eat.

A couple pics from its rebirth....

0B4F4EFC-01B2-4776-8307-073DB4A48F1B.jpeg

FBC34B87-D773-45B7-B163-911E3F3FD2B0.jpeg

016F2781-7E84-4846-AC6C-BA7F2259370B.jpeg

-
Back