My 16th Bithday

-

Ollinoboys

Reaction score
Yesterday was my 16th birthday and my dad surprised me with a 72 Demon with a slant 6.
profile.php

We are building it into a 340 clone.

it was 3,000 my parents have had it for 2 months hiding it from me, its not as nice as it looks there are a lot of things wrong with it. It is a 3 speed but it is very hard to get it from 1st to second gear.

Awesome present! Happy Birthday! Now you get to look forward to parts and things for future presents :) After I got my duster I got hood scoops for my birthday and a spoiler for christmas! good luck to you!

You must,ve been a good boy?LOL.Your in the right place to live and learn about your car.The 3 speed can be swapped out for a 4 speed.Your miles ahead,just having the car.Be careful and enjoy it for many years to come.8)

Happy Birthday and let me tell ya this. Some parents have their **** together and yours certainly do. Just so ya know. There will always be something to do to a car but by the looks of things that car you have shown us is miles ahead of what a lot of kids have to start with. The scoops need to be flat black. Dont worry about the slant six. Build it so it will eat up a V8. Nothin wrong with a slant. If ya got any questions on your car or how to take care of it feel free to ask the guys and gals on here. Lots of good knowledge on here so take advantage of it. Remember, there are no stupid questions so fire away. Your car will only become more valuable over time.......if ya dont pile it up in a ditch. Glad to have ya......and tell dad to get on here with ya.
Small Block

:eek:ccasion: First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :eek:ccasion:
Wow, that's some present. You've got some great parents.
Second, welcome to FABO from SoCal. You're going to have fun here. Great people and a wealth of Mopar A-body knowledge to draw from.
This is just a suggestion: don't let anybody, friends or FABO members, tell you that you have to do something a certain way with your car. It's your car and you, and your parents, are the ones to call the shots on how it's built. Also, I wouldn't be all too anxious to yank the /6 and build a 340 for it. Take the time to both plan your build and gather the parts so the build only takes one time to do it. At the same time you're gathering parts you can be getting experience driving a classic Mopar. Too many cars end up getting wrapped around a tree or stuffed in a ditch by inexperienced young drivers. Not saying that's what you're going to do - just saying get some experience driving first.
Again, really nice first car. Demons are special, they were only built for 2 years. Keep it nice and it will only appreciate in value.

Happy Birthday and let me tell ya this. Some parents have their **** together and yours certainly do. Just so ya know. There will always be something to do to a car but by the looks of things that car you have shown us is miles ahead of what a lot of kids have to start with. The scoops need to be flat black. Dont worry about the slant six. Build it so it will eat up a V8. Nothin wrong with a slant. If ya got any questions on your car or how to take care of it feel free to ask the guys and gals on here. Lots of good knowledge on here so take advantage of it. Remember, there are no stupid questions so fire away. Your car will only become more valuable over time.......if ya dont pile it up in a ditch. Glad to have ya......and tell dad to get on here with ya.
Small Block

We going to paint it after we do all the engine work and body work either the same yellow or orange. We are painting the hood scoops black and the go wing which i will most likely be getting as a Christmas present. Also the stripe down the side with the 340.

-
Back