My 1965 Valiant wagon street / strip project

-
First time in this thread, haven't read all the pages yet. LOVE the wheel/tire combo, and stance, from ten years ago. Don't change that!

First time in this thread, haven't read all the pages yet. LOVE the wheel/tire combo, and stance, from ten years ago. Don't change that!

No, that's the way it looks right now.

valiantoutsidesideshot.jpg

got a few new pics to share, quality is poor .. lol

I did not want tach on top of dash so, we kinda sunk it in the dash

valtach.jpg

I picked out some headlights, even after the advice someone gave me to not buy them ,, haha, sure look cool when lit up !

valheadlight.jpg

I never mentioned any names.

Best one to date was the 3 tab shingles covering the holes in the floors

It runs , I have a video but, don't know how to post it ..

More or less, could take it for a pass today , need googles since the windshield isn't in yet

Our plans for project completion has hit a snag , the brand new trans built by a Mopar well known shop .. is a pos, it has 4 neutrals and leaks like a soaker hose

Here is video of engine running on a happier day

Not sure how many have read on here on racing forum the dilemma with 904 built by John Cope , Lowell, Indiana CRT transmissions ..

what a mess , it has more issues than the national geographic magazine ..

Not one problem but, several , he has to be blind .. and I have taken to another shop to repair it and they keep finding problems .. been over a month and bunch more money

really has me frustrated.

Is that the last piece of the puzzle before this beast hits the track?

More or less , some cosmetic stuff to do but, it runs .. it just doesn't move due to incompetent transmission builder, its been in and out now 3 times, waiting for repair again and hopefully by Thursday it will move forward and backward.

The Valiant runs , moves .. I have video but, don't know how to put it on here

Hood looks like it will clear without any clearance problems

valhoodup.jpg

Close to done here, air cleaner will be changed to something else, just put on to avoid a disaster at alignment shop

valenginemay.jpg

-
Back