My 1966 dart race car.

-
I finally got rid of that FUCKEN vibration. Its gone, Ka-put, out of here, **** you never come back. I went and got a 4" aluminum drive shaft when I put in the A&A 904 transmission. So here is how it went down. I got the trans in Wednesday, went for a one mile drive, loaded for the race Thursday. Got to the track Friday, unloaded, drove around the pits four times. Then on Saturday up to the staging lanes we go. AT this point I really dont care what happens she goes she goes she blows she blows. This race we are using a pro tree so I stage up and BAMM a 6.32 at 107.5mph. The corrected air was 2,500 foot. Wow I have never done that in Barona. I went back to pits and check the trans level now that it is good and hot, looked for leaks, all good. Then it was time for first round Match race.

Back up a bit. after the first hit, the guy I was going to race could not make the numbers so instead of him rolling out to a slaughter we decided that it would be better if he raced someone that was more the time he was rolling. I changed to an AFX car. This is a 1966 Chubby big tire, Big block, Plexiglass, More fiberglass than steel, no headlight/tail lights, Chute, you know a fucken race car that is not street legal. I prefer to race street cars like mine that could go to Sonic for a burger. So we switched.

I lose the coin toss which is nothing new I have never won a coin toss in the last five years so there you go. I get the left lane first round. The left lane at Barona sucks, its got a little bump right when you shift to second. Then when you cross the stripe you have to slam on the brakes and get behind the left lane for the 180 degree turn at the end of the track. So here is a little video of what happened that round in my "Street Car" I am in the blue car for those.........well if you can't tell that then you need to leave this page. Enjoy. 6.29 at 108mph
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5AG5ZT5SZI"]MRM 9 Ken Moreland and Shane Pulido - YouTube[/ame]

nice, love it ! have you raced the supra for his rematch. lol

nice, love it ! have you raced the supra for his rematch. lol

Funny you should bring that up. The supra that I raced was part of a crew and he was the fastest street legal car they had. But he has since blown up and there is another Match Race coming up in April. So I started doing some sniffing around and said **** it I am going to call out their "Red Dragon". Its a low nine second car when it gets rolling. BUT. this is a pro tree, he is a stick car, and this is a 1/8 mile race. Most of those cars are fast after the first 1/8 mile. So this is how it is going to go down, I have an insider. He is going to Vegas in January for that Import vs domestic race. If it is still running after that I will call him out at one of their car meets. This way he can't say no. Also I will try and video it so if he does say no then I will post his ***** *** up. ha ha ha. Good times.

For those that did not see the race with the black Supra here it is from inside the Supra. By the way it is not a one and done race match up. The race is best 2 out of 3. So let the smack talking start.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx4jZlPFmDw"]MRM 6 Supra vs Dart - YouTube[/ame]

Have been running the 999 for a long time! All A & A equipment as well. I have had small issues, but nothing big. I have the nice servo's and the new accumulator piston as well! At the Monster Mopar race last month the car had its best 60' ever...1.25 and consistant 1.27's The 999 is a good trade off! Best ET 1/8: 5.94 @ 113 Best 1/4: 9.54 @ 140. I think 9.40's may have been possible @ Monster Mopar, however all racing was limited to 1/8 mile due to track/wet conditions. [Trans brake/low gear set. All power is passed thru a Dana 60 with 4.56's

What size tire are you running?

32X14x15 with 100.5" circumference @ 20 PSI Mickey Thompson "stiff" side wall." Conventional sidewall is a little slower in 60' ft.!

Epp

Its been awhile since I have posted but as life goes its been busy. We went to Wild Horse pass January 15-17 to race in the first race of the NHRA Heritage series. Friday was a great day I went a 9.999 on accident and when I got my time slip they said nothing. So I went a 9.95 and when I got my ticket still nothing. Now time to see what I could do with this set up. Best time 9.89 at 134.7mph. Not bad for a street legal car. I found out later that they had the computer off and were just letting people roll with it. Car was running great and all was well in the world.

Saturday we got three squirts down the track I was running well into the nines so I found a a spot on the track and would dump at that point. It worked very well with a 10.01, 10.03, 10.02 at 124mph ha ha ha.

Sunday we "Hot Rod" is always first out on the track, I set my dial in at 10.00 and first round bing-o-bang-o. I won. Second round won a again. Third round and the final ten I am first up and when they tell us to fire up all is good. I draw right lane and I roll into the burn-out box. I push hard on the brakes and push the line lock, but this time I have a different feeling. Fluid is pouring onto my left foot. Sweeeet. I start pumping that ***** and push the line lock I barely get a burn out and when I am rolling up to the line ZERO brakes. Since this is a street car I still have an E-brake. I stage the the car using the e-brake push the trans brake. But I took to big of a bite out of the tree and bammm RED LIGHT OF DEATH. So I run it out just to see what would have happened and yeah I went a 10.01. Stopping on the big end was no big deal as this is a national track and had the smoothest shut down area with a nice sweeping turn to the left. It was a little dicey as the tire were barking around the corner but all was well. All in all the weekend was good and now looking to replace the Master cylinder. Not mad this one lasted 12 years under fender headers. Next race is in a few weeks Match Race Madness stuff. Heads up racing.

Want to say Congratulations to A-Body for winning the whole thing. We were hopping for an all mopar final, because we both were on our number.

Tomorrow I change out the Master Cylinder, but this is the big news of the day a new Match Race. Big block Chevy vs Small block Mopar. Its going to be a war.

Attachments

• MRM10.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 470
What can I say but no amount of prep will help the unforeseeable or in other words **** will break. Went to the March Meet 7th in points. Car was running great had it set up with the ET Genie to run right at 10.04 - 10.09 it never varied from this all week. Thursday morning hotrod is always out first 8:30am-ish I like to pull up about mid to back of pack so I can watch passes of people I know and how their runs. I make my squirt 10.07 at 131mph not bad for taking 30% of the air away from the engine. I pull into my pits and there it is the dreaded brake fluid on the floor board. Motherfucker, what is it this time. When I replaced the master cylinder I also bought a new "Summit Brand" line lock. Well it lasted all of 6 passes before it started leaking, and it was dripping from the seal of the body. To the parts midway I go found a hurst line lock, now that my wallet is 129.00 lighter I install it bled the brakes, all is well. Friday Morning the call goes out at 9am "Hotrod" I roll up mid pack make my squirt 10.05 at 131mph. As I am pulling back into my pit area I have to back up to get a straight shot in and no reverse. WTF. The solenoid for the trans brake just stops working all together. This means no transbrake and no reverse. So Friday we only get one squirt I have only forward gears and the first eliminations are in the morning on Saturday. After being on the phone trying to find a Griner style solenoid within a 100 mile radius of Bakersfield to no prevail I decide to just foot brake the damm thing. Not a big deal 3 years ago but as of the set up I have now big deal. What RPM to set two step at, where do I leave on the light, do I even use the two step? I drive my car out to the back 40 "Where no one is" and test where to set the two step. Well I either set it right or set it wrong and with not one chance at a test Saturday morning I go up for eliminations. I win but boy was it ugly. 0.232 reaction time and the guy I raced is John in his 1932 ford and we are buddies from Barona. He had a 9.67 dial. I was so late that he caught me before the eighth mile mark, but he also caught me before I went into high gear. He was backing into me and I saw this so I held second for a couple extra 100 rpm's as he was letting off. Then 3rd gear and I am gone he could not recover at the stripe I had him by 9mph and I get the win light. He still has not called or talked to me since. Sunday I go into the prestage and when I stage and come up on the converter I pushed the lights and go red.:eek:ops: So that was my 5 days living in a parking lot in a nut shell. What did I learn for this............the Heritage series is fun but I think I am going to focus on more heads up racing. Its always good to see your friends from this sight at the races, hang out have a few beers, thats what makes the March meet fun. The transbrake is the next item that I am going to tackle. Oh Boy can't wait.

Got a package today from "A Body" and it is a transbrake Griner. Thanks man going to put it in and see if I have reverse.

So the wait is over, I have been chosen to be one of the first three to get John Copes own personal new transbrake line. It will be here the 25th. CRT will have these available to the public sometime next month. My first race will be April 2nd. I will let everyone know how it works.

PS. I will do an un-boxing video when it get here. This will be my first ever so be kind.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pWDWQ0dF84"]Cope Racing Transmissions Pro Tree 727 Billet trans brake valve body - YouTube[/ame]

go out and beat on it first and see if you like it. Not sure I want to sell it.... I only have two :finga: :D

just be sure to let your wife know that if you get hit by a train on the way home, a guy from AZ will be removing it from the car after he pays his respects!

go out and beat on it first and see if you like it. Not sure I want to sell it.... I only have two :finga: :D

just be sure to let your wife know that if you get hit by a train on the way home, a guy from AZ will be removing it from the car after he pays his respects!

Ok ha ha ha. I opened the safe and put a note in there just for ya. SO this is what I am going to do. I am going to make the first hit with your brake installed. I get some time for lunch shut down install the new one and see what one I like better. Hows that for a side by side compare. ARe you coming to Match Race? Or are you going to save your travel miles for Sac and Utah.

Saving my $$ for the grind..... Just put another set of trailer tires on in preparation.

I could not be happier, looks sweet and I am putting it in as we speak.

Question, Anyone out there know what is the correct rear band set up for a "Rear Band Apply" trans brake valve body? I got my new CRT valve body and it is Sooooooo sweet. The instructions say 72in lbs and back off 2 1/2 turns. I did that but just seams still alittle to close for comfort. This is my first rear band apply brake and want to make sure it correct. I am going to call Monday but I just want to know if anyone here has run this style of brake before.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk7NsLkE2z4"]Brand new Cope racing transmission valve body. - YouTube[/ame]

For those who want to know how the new CRT valve body worked, well I have to say that it is the best reacting trans brake that I have ever had on a Mopar trans bar none. I was good for a 0.040 - 0.050 on a protree. Some times a little fast but this was my average. This weekend I did a 0.030 - 0.040 average. It would hit right now. The thing that I was 100% worried about was the 1 - 2 shift because of the rear band apply. This worry is something that I have first hand experience is all in your head. I think the 1 - 2 shift might even be faster. If you have any questions about set up and how it worked just ask.

Attachments

• MRM10-pits.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 281
-
Back