My 1971 Dart

-

matmanc4

Reaction score
This is my 1971 Dart. She was my dads and now she is mine. She stayed for hurricane Katrina and took a swim. So I'm going to take her all the way down, drop in a 360, and roll with it. More pics to come, should have the engine and trans out today.

dart006.jpg

dart001.jpg

dart002.jpg

dart003.jpg

dart005.jpg

Was kind of slow at the shop today so I decided to pull out the motor and trans. Here is some car **** for ya!

On the rack -
dart039.jpg

dart038.jpg

Engine out -
dart034.jpg

From the bottom -
dart035.jpg

dart036.jpg

Engine and trans -
dart037.jpg

Sweet!! Cars in great shape,Keep us posted!

ooooooo. nice!

Gotta love those swingers, great project you got there.

Thought much about mods, color, crazy stuff???

Great project I'll be following this one.I'm curious what steps you'll be taking to be sure to get rid of all the rust in the hard to reach spots?Never had to deal with a car that was under water before.Keep us posted on your progress.

Looking great I LOVE THE LONG DART BODY STYLE im so glad I switched from my sport back to a swinger man they just look sext cant wait to see some work done to her

Nice looking Dart you have there. Im curious as how it turns out as well due to the fact that Dart sat in water also. I know mine was up to the dash in water. Had to replace the entire dash cluster as well as the compete wiring harness. My car was also a /6 and im putting a 360 in it.

100_1776.jpg

Thanks for the post guys, I plan on soda blasting the entire car and sealing it. Im kicking around a few ideas right now, I will keep yall posted.

Looks like a great project,keep us in the loop.That's the great thing about Smart cars,when your not using them ya just hang em on the wall.:-D

lol Dreno. That's actually the landlords car. He didnt have anywhere to put it so it sits in the corner of the shop. Cant even tell its there.

So I got the front cap off, next is the k member and related parts. Then the fun begins... Blasting!!!

dart040.jpg

dart041.jpg

dart042.jpg

Actually I moved the engine a bit with the breaker bar but that's it. I'm taking it down now.

-
Back