My 383 is loving this!

-
I just installed this unit on my friends 73 challenger with 340 stroker. All in all its fairly easy. We had issues finding the right power supply wire to use. Switched and on while cranking. He has the msd ready to run distributor, a one wire alt, msd coil, so none of the original ignition components are used. Since his underhood harness is new we did not want to cut any of it. we eventually got that figured out. In most cases I think a return fuel line is going to be your best option. Msd has a questionnaire about your driving habits and fuel system set up to determine if you need a return system. My opinion is that the majority of people will need it. If you decide to install this and use a mallory 4305M regulator, be aware that it comes with 3/4-16, -8, o ring fittings. We used -6 black thru out so we had to buy those fittings. The atomic comes with black AN fitting on it along with a straight and 90 deg push lock fitting.

So far tuning is simple. We have a comp extreme energy cam that is right at the threshhold of mild to large based on duration. We went with the large option.

I will post some pics soon.

Just curious: How Many sensors were used. Where's the Control unit? All in the Distributer? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

I can attest how sweet this unit is after seeing the before/after results with this car in person from a straight carb to this Atomic EFI system.
No more trouble starts .....just turn key and " vroom" hello how are ya?...let's play.

I definitely want to get this set up on my small block for these reasons.
Easy starts, cold and hot.
No more jet changes or idle air adjustments.
No more secondary springs or power valves or accelerator pump issues, flloat adjustments, sticking float bowls, or any of that crap.

Crisp throttle response and better fuel efficiency where all adjustments are automatically made given the inputs from all the integrated sensors thus eliminating trial and error like you get from carbs....yeah I can deal with that.

MSD, you can send my check any time now. Lol.

there is an O2 and temp sensor. the controller is not too large, easy to mount and connect. the distributor does not contain components from the atomic efi.

I'm guess by some of the responses that a few of you guys are running flatheads with updrafts still ....

Do you have to use MSD ignition components with this kit or WIll I be able to use an Ice system?

-
Back