My 67 Barracuda Notchback Story

-

Relax360

Reaction score
Bought my first Mopar Always liked the look of the 67 so I bought a roller Sanded it down and now back from the shop in Epoxy primer

1.1.jpg

The theme for my car will be a 340 motor the car will be white with Blue stripes like it was from the factory. Drivers quarter is the only real rust damage on the body. I got lucky

4.1.jpg

5.1.jpg

6.1.jpg

i prefer these to the fast back's. this car has potential. keep going, it looks good to me.

trunk pan and driver quarter have been repaired trunk pan still has some rust craters but it is still in good shape

76.1.jpg

77.1.jpg

81.1.jpg

'67 notchbacks are my absolute favorite Barracudas, looks-wise. Nice car. I was looking for a '67 notchback and somehow ended up with a '67 Valiant. Go figure.

Update on the car we moved the leaf springs inboard like the SS springs were and are doing a 2 inch mini tub for bigger meats out back here are some new pictures.

107.1.jpg

108.1.jpg

109.1.jpg

Looks good.
Something about a notchback in project form that get me all warm and fuzzy. LOL.

Just curious, I am no body guy by any means but since you are painting it white, how's come you used such a dark colored primer, I thought that was a no, no in the paint world as I've had a couple body guys tell me to use a light colored primer for light colored car, and dark with dark or does it not really matter?
I'm not trying to be a jerk, just curious.

By the way, that orange AMX in the background is sweet, any more pics of that car?

cudaspaz good question I mean the car is in lighter primer now but i will ask. But my paint show has never let me down so I have faith.

Well good thing is we are not painting it white anymore. Here are a few more pictures of the 4 point Moly roll bar. The guys also tied the bar into the subframe connectors

254.1.jpg

256.1.jpg

264.1.jpg

-
Back