My '67 Valiant 100 Big Block 4 Speed Restoration

-
Don't worry, I like when you nerd-out. I learn a lot when you do. The Paxton pictured was original intended to go on my dads 289 powered '63 Fairlane. He purchased it used bake in the early '80s. He said it's the only way to get more power out of that 289. You literally couldn't fit a bigger engine in that tine engine bay. Our a bodies are like twice as big. Any way it never made it on but we still got both the car and the Paxton. I have this evil thought of doing up a 273 for our Barracuda with this Paxton on it :-\" :evil4: :toothy8:

Heater delete plate is finished :toothy7: It came out way nicer than expected :love4: Its chrome around the edge and silver in the center just like the factory. Also working on the firewall heater blower block off plate now.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 916
  • 1.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 905
NICE!!!! im goint to have an original heater block off and radio delete stuff in the near future!!!, parts car im getting

Lucky!!! I only knew of one and that was fellow member pauly v.100 out in Hawaii and he didn't want to sell it so I made my own. I do have a factory radio block off plate tho that I got from a fellow member. I want to see some pictures of that parts car az when you get it :) Sounds like it was a cool car.

If anyone wants one of those factory style heater delete plates it will be $75 plus a bezel that I can modify.

pics no problem, have to go all the way to Canada and get it too 1400 miles one way keep your eyes open for a pair of minty minty taillight lenses. mine are toast!!!

azmopar, whats a car with heater delete doing up in Canada? :poke:

As for the tail lights I did find a mint NOS drivers side one at Carlisle last year for $15. Now I have to find another mint one to match that one :cry: But if I find anymore I'll let you know as your Valiant definitely needs to be brought back to life. :love4:

very nice build you have there, heres a pic of my 67 project
SDC11666.jpg

Nice Valiant you got there Quicktree. Is it or was it a Signet or V-100? Was red the original color? Whats the plan for it?

Nice Valiant you got there Quicktree. Is it or was it a Signet or V-100? Was red the original color? Whats the plan for it?
thanks, yes it is a signet, no the color is not original it's Matador red Mica. It's going to be a street/strip deal. has been mini tubbed with a dana 60 and caltracs a stroker SB with eddy heads for now. also plan on having a/c

Well its been a long time since I've updated this :eek:ops: :wack: But I got a good reason :D I've been working alot for the past couple of months and with the money I won from the Young Guns contest, was finally able to purchase a car rotisserie :blob::blob::blob: :cheers::cheers::cheers: Making $5 an hour (high school kid remember) it takes a long time to save $1000. But let me tell you it was WORTH IT!!!!!! This makes it so easy to work on the car now. Soon it will be sand blasting & primer time!!! Can't wait to get this thing moving again :cheers::cheers::cheers: Any ways just want to give you guys a heads up.

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 681
  • 6.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 668
  • 5.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 665
  • 2.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 663
  • 3.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 675
I know Stockdog!!! I have fun just spinning it around & around & around!! Lol still need to get it sand blasted tho... My father is saving up money to get the required amount of #6 4 strand wire that's needed to run our new beast of an air compressor, 7 1/2hp twin compressor, 160 gallon twin tank setup. It's going to be sweet when finished!

Sorry guys, I've been absent from the forum for awhile now... No progress has been made on the car :( I've been really busy with other things.. namely going to college now.

Last edited:
In the mean time we picked up another mopar :D
Found & saved this '73 RR GTX #s matching built 440/727/3.55sg 8.75. Hood pins, buckets, console, non-AC car!! Also has factory front & rear sway bars!! The car is actually really solid, just needs lower quarters. It wears the majority of its original paint but the stripes were removed. The guy we bought it from bought it back in '78-'79, did the engine work on it, install shift kit, ect.... Was supposedly the fastest car in the area by the time he was done :cheers: Then he parked it in '81 after getting in trouble w/ the law in it on several occasions :burnout: Its sat in storage since then until he lost his storage over the past summer, requiring him to sell it. It does run and drive!!! Just needs a couple minor things fixed & yes it does have the hood lol.

Attachments

• dsc03574.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 376
  • dsc03748.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 387
  • dsc03833.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 398
  • dsc03755.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 386
  • dsc03749.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 386
  • dsc03428.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 386
You are doing a great job on the valiant, take your time and do it right.
Your dad is teaching you well, skills you will use for the rest of you life.

Mechanical engineering is a great degree to have, I have one and it has been worth every penny that college cost me.

Here is a pic of a 73 RR my cousin bought this summer, decent 340 4-speed driver for $3000

1000923mm.jpg

Thanks!! Wish I've done more on it over the past year.. That roadrunner is really clean. Nice its all original too!!! 340 4speed is icing on the cake!! I wouldn't touch a thing body wise on that car & drive it as is.

This has beed my current project for the past year. Sorry guys its a Ferd, a '91 Ranger XLT long bed but it was free & its been in the family since new & its my daily driver now. It is undergoing open heart surgery with a TURBO, yes, TUURRRBBOOOO engine trans plant (& matching T5 trans) from an '87 thunderbird turbocoupe. Stock these engines are ~200fwhp compared to the non turbo version that came in my Ranger @ a meager 100fwhp. Hopefully with the mods & large front mount intercooler it should be in the 250-300fwhp :cheers: I swapped in an explorer 31 spline 8.8 3.73ls & explorer bucket seats that matched my interior. Hopefully in the coming winter break it should be up & running. I can't wait!! Then I can go back to focusing on the Valiant :cheers:

Attachments

• dsc03179.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 362
  • dsc04401.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 352
  • dsc03426.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 350
  • dsc03330 - version 4.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 351
Wow...You are hard to keep up with young man, you are busy. You have alot of irons in the fire. Thats Great!! Congrats on the college gig! Nice find on the 73. Nice daily driver. Don't forget about your Valiant (i know you won't). Take care, study hard.

Well I just took delivery of a '69 2-door Valiant parts car today. Its really really rough lol. Rusted & it had a '68 cuda sitting on its roof for years!! I can take whatever I want off it then I have to give the shell back to be scraped. I get some pictures up tomorrow or so. Too dark out now.

-
Back