My 68 Dart, before and after...

-

greg

Reaction score
Medium green, black vinyl, chrome goes on tomorrow.

Attachments

• paint job 001.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 500
  • paint job 003.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 474
  • paint job 006.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 493
It was a /6 car with a bench seat. I rounded up parts from all over and got the seats from a guy close by who sells mopar stuff. The car started out life in California and was there all its life accept for one year in Boston. It made its way to Toronto and I bought it from the guy who brought it to Canada from California.
I had to put a new skin on the roof, pulled the /6 and dropped a 340 in, did the interior and drove it last summer. I happen to work in a really big restoration shop in Niagara Falls so I had to get it looking good and I had lots of help. Steel wheels and dog dish are next.

Not usually a big fan of green, but that looks real sharp.

Attachments

• P4140017.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 427
I spent some time today putting the chrome on. It takes more time when you have to be so careful!! Disassembly is much quicker.

Attachments

• assembly 009.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 425
  • assembly 007.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 407
  • assembly 003.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 391
Thanks and yes to the dog dish question. Wheels are being painted next week. I've got some bigger wheels so the stance is going to change a bit.

It was a /6 car with a bench seat. I rounded up parts from all over and got the seats from a guy close by who sells mopar stuff. The car started out life in California and was there all its life accept for one year in Boston. It made its way to Toronto and I bought it from the guy who brought it to Canada from California.
I had to put a new skin on the roof, pulled the /6 and dropped a 340 in, did the interior and drove it last summer. I happen to work in a really big restoration shop in Niagara Falls so I had to get it looking good and I had lots of help. Steel wheels and dog dish are next.[/QUO I got my dart from a guy in Toronto also,mine to is a California wss dart,any chance the guy u got it from name is Jackson.he goes to calie to bring back cars.Nice build there I bet just like mine every bolt was like finger tight hence no Rust.

The paint color is from the 1972 Chrysler Corporation Color Chart. The colour is called

F3 Medium Green Metallic 4533 6533

Greg

looks very nice! it is faster to be careful than to get in a hurry and end up having to touch up any mistakes! great job!

-
Back