my 68 dart project part 3 some assembly required

-

cjcx3

Twisted Sundance
Reaction score
Well gang, I actually got a 4 day weekend to get some things done on the dart. I have only made small progress untill this weekend. Thanks to a few awsome members here in FABO, I have been able to get some of the items I need for really great deals. Last week my hump and steering colunm came in, I also received my Eagle I beam rods that I stole off ebay for 150.00! The P-S-T suspension kit also came in Friday (perfect timing!). A close freind helped me clean all the front parts and sandblast what was needed, and paint. I blasted the hump and cut it down to size, fitted, cut the floor, welded it in and sealed it. I took the steering colunm apart, cleaned and painted it. Finished cleaning and sanding the engine bay, then painted it. I replaced all the front suspension rubber stuff, i.e. the idler arm, upper control arm bushings, lower control arm bushings, upper and lower ball joints, inner and outter tie rod ends and sleeves, strut rod bushings, upper and lower rubber bump stops, and the essentric bolts for the upper control arms. I still need to get the pitman arm. The P-S-T kit was 400.00, where if I bought everything at local parts store it would have been over 600.00. Keep this in mind when building your suspension! I hope that I can post all my pics but due to the lack of some microsoft program my computer doesnt have I cant resize my pics yet.
Chuck

IMG_0521.JPG

IMG_0523.JPG

IMG_0526.JPG

IMG_0558.JPG

IMG_0532.JPG

IMG_0565.JPG

IMG_0559.JPG

IMG_0564.JPG

IMG_0563.JPG

IMG_0566.JPG

WOW! Tat-A-boy! gettin into it deep baby! Is that you Chuck?

Yea, thats me. I have my wife shooting photos while Im working on the car. I choose the best fitting pics to post.

I have got alot of emails asking if this car is still for sale... Yes it is. Money talks... whats your offer?

:supz::fart::burnout:
I cant wait to finish it, but I have got to put it away for now. I have been invited to take my Duster to Nashville Tnn for Power Block Tv filming with Cortney. How cool is that. Bad thing is I have got to pull the transmission and fix it, I lost 2nd gear a few weeks back and I havent fixed it due to working on this Dart.

I got the pitman arm today. I also finished the leafspring aluminum bushings. I sent off the cardboard template for the aluminum dash to my brother in law, hes gonna make it for me along with the aluminum door panels. I have not found a 489 case yet so I guess I will use the 3.23 gears I have in the 742 case. I have got to hurry and get this car back on the ground. I need the jack stands so I can pull the transmission from my Duster and rebuild it.( lost second gear):angry5:

Nice work. How did you decide where to tack the Floor Hump in place? Does it just fit the countour of the floor and your good? I wanted to get mine welded in this weekend but was debating waiting until I get the trans In so that everything lines up perfect.

I had measurements from a previous build. I reconmend waiting to get the trans in and take measurement.

Thanks. It would have been nice to get it in and painted. I guess I'm going to wait, it's not like i dont have 1000 other things to get done anyway.

Finnally got finished installing the rear end and got the car back on the ground. currently I have 3.23 posi, but when I get the money I am changing to a 4.10-4.11. Progress is slow for now with Christmas expenses, and work cutting hours.

I also got the aluminum dash back from the metal shop. I had to tweek on it to make it fit right but its looking good and will be better with guages.

IMG_0587.JPG

IMG_0588.JPG

IMG_0589.JPG

IMG_0583.JPG

IMG_0584.JPG

IMG_0591.JPG

Hey Toby, I am not sure what brand the shocks are, came on the car when I got it, I just aint got the money for new ones. Plus the shocks are still good. The guy I bought the car from said the shocks were new on the front and rear, seems he told the truth.

-
Back