-
Status
Not open for further replies.

slant6/4speed

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a ad up on E-bodies but I will put one here also for those that do not check the other sites.
I have owned this Challenger since 78. It is one of 7 show cars/promo cars Chrysler made on day one of production. All were red on red 440 sixpack 4 speed convertibles fully optioned.
Here is a photo link-please note that this is a original-un molested still in original paint car.

http://www.arts-attic.com/automobiles/70challenger/70challenger.htm

Thank for looking
Lynn

Wish you all the best.. In this market it will be tough..

The last one that sold was over 500K restored and a few years before it one sold for 300K and those did have problems. Mine is still original-needs a new top but that's not hard and the exhaust system is 41 years old and need attention.-they only made 7 of these cars...

Why did you let it go to pot since it is so rare you should have your butt kicked. 100k is way out of line for car needing a full resto if you can get it you should be selling cars for a living. good luck.

Wow you guys are being a bit tough on this member,you should remember that it's their car to ask whatever they want for it.You all should know that mopar only offered the 440/6 R/T vert for one year and total production was 99 cars with auto or stick(36/63) and the auto was rarer.
If this car is what they say it is?It won't be for sale very long as collectors have $$$ and they will be a knockin.
Hey Lynn sorry to see your gonna sell it,if I come up with a buyer for that vert would there be anything in it for me?
Doug

I did not let it go to pot-It's solid and in calif the interiors burn fast in the sun-but I do have a new interior to put in it. Paint is good except for the hood and fender top edge (1/4"). It's original-most likely the last one to be found as only 7 were ever made. I like keeping it original.
Moparclown-I can pay a finders fee.

Not trying to be rude, but it is being advertised as a Cali Car. Looking at the pictures it is clear that it is a New England Car w/ a vintage New England plate even if it did start out in Cali. Living out here in the west I can tell you that cars don't rust like that out here. Once again, it's a badass car and I hope you get what your asking for it.

Lynn
I am gonna get a hold of a few collectors I know and see what I can turn up.I got let go from my job a couple of weeks ago and any $$$ is good $$$.
Doug

It would surprise me if it didn't go for more than or around $100k. I've seen rust like that on California cars, but the ad also does not say how long it's been out of Cal. The bottom line is that the car will receive a full-tilt rottiserie resto and it would receive this even if it were in slightly better condition. I don't follow e-body pricing, but after the hemi e-body convertibles this is the next top dog as far as value goes. Good luck with the sale.

Not trying to be rude, but it is being advertised as a Cali Car. Looking at the pictures it is clear that it is a New England Car w/ a vintage New England plate even if it did start out in Cali. Living out here in the west I can tell you that cars don't rust like that out here. Once again, it's a badass car and I hope you get what your asking for it.

You are not rude but this site has far more people looking than the E-body site were I have a full ad. The full ad does state were I got it and how long its been here (in dry storage). The photos are not the best do to using the flash. look at the fender tag photos-one with and one without the flash.

I got this car at the Pomona show in 78. The guy selling it was using it as a quarter mile drag car (with all the heavy options in it). He was selling because he was getting married and wanted to buy the new wife a Pinto wagon. You can not make this up. It gets better. He is a electrician by trade. I had the car for a week and the battery blows up because he had wired 12 volts straight to the field winding of the alt thus giving full unregulated output of about 30 volts. blew up the headlight delay relay too but I did find one and replaced it.

Cool car, but even with a collector interested, I think it will be a struggle to get the six figures. More than likely it would get it going overseas. If it was a Hemi, no sweat. But a 6bbl promo car that is solid but whipped... I dont know. Cool ride either way and I wish you luck.

nice piece of history , thanx for sharing , hope you get your asking price.

Wow you don't see a car like that everyday. Gotta ask, how much did you pay in 78 so the guy could buy his Pinto? Good luck with the sale I hope you get every penny it's worth it. :thumleft: Too bad you have to sell it.

I hope you get what you want for it..But the cost of restoring a e body is not cheap at all. I understand that when it restored it is worth a good amount, maybe 125-150, but the car looks like you will have to spend 50-70,000 on it to get it there? Again, hope you sell it, glad you shared it here.

Lynn,

I sent you a pm. I am interested in your car. I am located in Mass. Please let me know if I can see the car in person. I put my tel number in the PM or email me at [email protected]
Thanks
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back