My apologies

-
Keep on doing what you are doing Adam....no apologies needed for speaking your mind. That is what makes this site interesting. I have told you in the past that your help has been a big part of me being around here so long.....

a 1971 426 hemi 4 speed cuda' convertible with a hemi billboard , and a shaker bolted underneath the hood sporting a 225 super six with a 3 speed would be downright cool and really stir the pot.

I don't know the whole the whole story behind this post, but I doubt you need to apologize. I truly do appreciate this site and everyone who runs it. I'm busting my Mopar cherry on a 73 Dart Swinger. Something I've always wanted to do it, but just never had the time or money before. But now, I can tell, I'm in it for the long haul. Luckily I have a buddy with a garage, and he's been doing it for 30 years now... But it's nice to have a site where you can grab a needed part and make contacts for the future. Where you can get advice when you're stuck or just a good variety of opinions on something. Or just vent/rant on something... lol

Saw you get a little upset on the other thread, and I can feel your frustration at not being able to participate to the same level when you started this great site. Harder still when you can't really "walk" away.

This is exactly it. Signing on makes me feel real left out and it cant get pretty depressing. Probably way more then it should. As much as I would love to walk away and take a long break I cant because Ive put 8 years in to the site so I continue to come back and get pissed off. Mean while Im watching the prices on these car sky rocketing which just makes it seem further out of reach.

In the flipper thread I was told I dont work hard enough. If could have reached through the computer and strangled that guy I would have. I've worked 6 days a week for the last 7 years, I've held 2 jobs for a good portion of that time and Ive taken 1 vacation.

When I bought the last car it took me 3 months to save the $2200 I paid for it.

In the flipper thread I was told I dont work hard enough. If could have reached through the computer and strangled that guy I would have.

Funny, I had those same feelings. :scratch:

I'm at work at 7:00 AM, usually don't get home until 6:00. Cook dinner (every night) clean up then put my kid to bed. Usually can't move by 9:00. Feels like hard work to me. Not sure though.

You know people get upset for whatever reason and just start typing away. Guy just unraveled.

No apology to me either Adam. Your a decent guy. Best of luck with the purchase,I really hope it goes better than planned for u.

I know that if I didnt have my mopar I'd be without hope or a dream.Every man deserves to have that,as a life with no hope of achieving your dreams is a pretty rough road.

Heres to life,love of mopar,and the pursuit of restoration and reasonable parts!:drinkers::drinkers:

Signing on makes me feel real left out and it cant get pretty depressing. Probably way more then it should. As much as I would love to walk away and take a long break I cant because Ive put 8 years in to the site so I continue to come back and get pissed off.

Hey Adam, screw feeling left-out and depressed! Instead of thinking about what you don't have, think about all you do have. Maybe you're not giving yourself enough credit for creating a site that is enjoyed by so many people.=D> Your should enjoy it too. Congrats to you and your wife on the new little one you're expecting.

As a "mod" you really don't have to apologize. You started this web-site and look how it's grown! You invested 8 years into one of the most comprehensive, informative, experienced groups, online.. What an accomplishment! Take some pride in that alone!
I've know several people that started websites and none have anything to show for it..
Yeah...people are people... and when there not in your face and sitting behind a screen where no one knows them, some just like to (as some have already said) push other peoples buttons...because they can. And ya know what, most people on this site know it when they see it. A few get tangled up in those threads, but that's what keeps you on your toes to keep this one of.. if not the ONE site that's the best.
Thank You Adam for what you do, what you've done, and what you continue to do! I appreciate it, and I'm sure everyone else does..

Funny, I had those same feelings. :scratch:

I'm at work at 7:00 AM, usually don't get home until 6:00. Cook dinner (every night) clean up then put my kid to bed. Usually can't move by 9:00. Feels like hard work to me. Not sure though.

You know people get upset for whatever reason and just start typing away. Guy just unraveled.

See Im lucky. Im home at 5pm. But then its homework with the kids, cook dinner (when did women stop cooking ?) dishes, showers, bedtime for the kids, Dad passes out.

The morning is to much better. Up at 6:30, let the dogs out, put on coffee, get the kids up and dresses, feed the dogs, feed the kids,do some laundry, let the dogs back out, take a cup of coffee to go and out the door. by 7:45

Michelle works a 3rd shift so she gets home from work at 7:30am. sleeps a few hours gets up and does her share and then goes back to bed right after dinner to go to work at 11pm.

So yeah, I see were we dont work hard enough.

This is exactly it. Signing on makes me feel real left out and it cant get pretty depressing. Probably way more then it should. As much as I would love to walk away and take a long break I cant because Ive put 8 years in to the site so I continue to come back and get pissed off. Mean while Im watching the prices on these car sky rocketing which just makes it seem further out of reach.

yup.. the check book guys ruined it for most of us. took the fun out of the hobby. on top of the car/parts prices everyone and there brother think they can make money from car guys. look how many $20 shows have popped up. even though your car is what brings customers in to their place to spend money and look at th car show the assholes are charging the poor car guy. i get my balls busted for refusing to go to these places. i say screw them. i'll find free cruises to attend if i want to socialize.

when young people ask about getting involved in this hobby i tell them to go to school, get educated, get a real job and travel. then look for a car when your established and have the income to support these damn things.. its not a young guys hobby anymore. hell i don't know how the hell young people are supposed to do anythings these days. everything is so damn expensive. car insurance for a 17 year old. holy crap its nuts. then $3.67 a gallon gas, look at house prices ir rent. holy crap no wonder why kids are living at home into their 30's anymore. its freaking crazy out there...

i liked the hobby a lot better before mopar became the fad. you had real mopar enthusiasts all over. the older guys helped out the young up coming guys. don't see that near as much these days because the asshole check book guys got involved.

i'm glad my 17 year old didn't wan a old mopar as a driver. he loves to drive my dart but he wanted a cherokee. found a 97 cherokee for him for $2100. rust free body, runs and drives great. has 200,000 miles but you would never know it. we tuned it up, changed fluids and cleaned the hell out of the int. $2100 in the mopar world buys ya junk most of the time any more.

i'm telling you man, every day that goes by i get closer and closer to selling all my mopar stuff and buying a new mustang rag top. don't be surprised if you see my dart on ebay real soon. probably already be there is i wasn't too lazy to take picks of it.. :)

yup.. the check book guys ruined it for most of us.
This is the most true thing I have read in a long time. Before I bought the Dart I thought long & hard about just buying a Fox body Rustang, just because of how cheap, relatively speaking, parts are for it. Former neighbor was a check book boy, except it was his brothers check book. Noticed I said was. There plans of restoring these cars and selling them at the ridiculous prices from a few years back did not ever get off the ground, last I heard form him they were scrambling trying to sell off everything, at the same inflated prices they bought everything for because my neighbor is losing his house. Maybe it is some sort of Karma??

yup.. the check book guys ruined it for most of us. took the fun out of the hobby. on top of the car/parts prices everyone and there brother think they can make money from car guys.

i liked the hobby a lot better before mopar became the fad. you had real mopar enthusiasts all over. the older guys helped out the young up coming guys. don't see that near as much these days because the asshole check book guys got involved.

i could not agree more. the majority of these guys with deep pockets that dont have clue about what a mopar is all about nor have any interest in them for anything more than making money off them are the fine folks that have screwed this hobby up and put things out of reach for us guys that build these cars for what they are and not for what they are worth. they are sending out the message that there are people that will pay top dollar for parts to finish their project, and some of us are at their mercy and they take advantage of that. something as simple as $300 for a NOS washer bottle for a 73-76 duster? really ? are you serious with that nonsense? just trying to make a buck and not supporting the hobby or helping the cause what-so-ever. dude, get a grip, these are NOT E bodies. yes they can sell their junk for whatever prices they want, this is america, but DAMN........

So, what did the Dart that started this whole thing end up selling for? I assume not $12.5k.

See Im lucky. Im home at 5pm. But then its homework with the kids, cook dinner (when did women stop cooking ?) dishes, showers, bedtime for the kids, Dad passes out.

The morning is to much better. Up at 6:30, let the dogs out, put on coffee, get the kids up and dresses, feed the dogs, feed the kids,do some laundry, let the dogs back out, take a cup of coffee to go and out the door. by 7:45

Michelle works a 3rd shift so she gets home from work at 7:30am. sleeps a few hours gets up and does her share and then goes back to bed right after dinner to go to work at 11pm.

So yeah, I see were we dont work hard enough.

Ya know, I was doin the math and you had to of been real busy between 7:30 and 7:45am. Congrats on that third crumbsnatcher......

One thing I am sure of, those kids are gonna be raised with good values.

Damn Adam,you work freaking hard! I respect that.

What can we do about the state of our mopar hobby? Having a concience when we sell would really,really help. But I guess it's a sign of the times,this lack of regard for other's. It's a symptom of a much bigger thing that has been happening for a long time now.

As Steven Tyler sings it;Wer'e living on the edge!

Adam
I apologize if I stirred up any threads,as I can be a real clown sometimes.
I have met some great people thru this site of yours including you,congrats to you and Michelle.
I am gonna find you guys an affordable/decent Mopar,so don't be surprised if I pm you with some Ideas
Doug

Ya know, I was doin the math and you had to of been real busy between 7:30 and 7:45am.

Its amazing how much I can do in 15 minutes. Kids are eating breakfast, Im gonna inhale this cup of coffee then off to the shop. 1 details and 5 cars to tint today. Thanks god I dont do the tinting LOL.

It takes me 15 minutes just to decide what I'm making for lunch. Well not really, but I'm not too productive.

BTW, Krusty is here. I'll drop it off early afternoon, unless you want it before.

Actually, if you want to meet up for lunch, I have my wallet today :p

Takes me 15 minutes to tie my shoe laces,and not early in the morning,lol..Im like that all the time!

Moparclown,helping Adam find a Mopar is an awesome idea! We should all be this way...

-
Back