My apologies

-
In the short time I've been a Mopar guy and FABO member, I have been most impressed with this site and the caliber of members. Without the info, tips and support I have received from this place, my car would still be sitting in the same condition it was when I bought it.

Thank you FABO Staff Members for all you do. I am sure it can be a thankless job.

Pat

Geez Adam can't ya just feel the love :goodman: (deep down it's cuss they're scared ya might shut down the site) besides a good rant every once and a while they say is good for the soul. :argue:

You and all the staff members have your hands full Adam.
I wish you the very best and hope all goes well as life is handing you a new bundle of joy :cheers:
No apologies needed on my end of the world :glasses7: and the name AdamR is always great to see in any post :happy1: and I wish I had what it takes to help here, Lord knows I need this sight to keep me happy and enjoy all the great new friends I have made and enjoyed.
May the weight that this site puts on your shoulders be lifted and life moves forward filled with happiness sir, Thank you for all you have dun and will continue doing so we have a place/site I/we can call home.

I never take anything on here personally.

(And I don't know what you are referring to anyway.)

x2

I avoid conflict and walk away from it.

I also regard myself as a guest on any site and try to adhere to the rules and "feel" of any given site.

Fabo would be my favourite US site.

Geez Adam can't ya just feel the love :goodman: (deep down it's cuss they're scared ya might shut down the site) besides a good rant every once and a while they say is good for the soul. :argue:
Really Now im with ya on a good rant .... But saying we scared I call BS . I was making it just fine b4 i got here and when its gone life gos on .. But dont get me all side ways . I do love it here just some like to pick and pick . At some one tell that some one gets mad then its like a mob lol .. Oh well im not sure what thread adams saying sorry for but .. I say its good and move on .. We are all friends here . Lets keep it that way !

Number three on the way? Hell man, I'm betting the wife will buy you that Dart just to keep you out of the bedroom.....

Well, I appreciate the site. I definitely take 100x more knowledge than I give here. I think the internet is about 99% opinion and 1% content. FABO is somewhere in the 50/50 range.

I'm not on here much because of my schedule but I guess I missed the show. I remember when you started FABO. A great site without the armchair quarterbacks( or would it be armchair mechanics?) like another place. Some people just can't interact with others without causing friction. Just the way it is. Stop apologizing. It's your site, your baby. Oh, and #3 on the way? Congrats and if you can't figure out why that keeps happening you might want to google it or something.
Bob

Thanks guys. There were a few threads about flipping cars in the last few weeks and after getting a deal on a car that left both my wife and I feeling a bit screwed those threads are bound to get under my skin. Its hard to keep a debate civilized when your in the middle of it and dieing to take a jab.

My fault. Sorry.

I'm done trying to have these types of discussions anyway, nobody really cares. Unfortunate how it turns to **** so quick.

- Greg

That last flipper thread actually caused me to change my tune on the subject, so it wasn't all for nothing. I didn't have the opportunity to update my view as it was closed before I could post (for good reason). Internet forums are a mixed bag. On one hand, there is the interchange if ideas and information that you simply can't get anywhere else. On the other hand, attitudes and egos clash, and things go downhill. But I don't think you can have the good without the bad sometimes. It's just human nature, and doesn't make us a bad bunch (although some individuals need to be booted now and then).

Adam, while you may have reached a boiling point inside on these matters, it's my opinion that you handled things even handed, and didn't react in your own interests, but for the good of the forum. I moderate on a forum myself. One of my fellow mods will use his power to censor people, and worse, antagonizes them. He's a cool guy, and means well, but is not doing the job right. Anyway, it's not always easy, and it seems like everyone who took the time to post in this thread agrees that there is nothing to forgive.

My fault. Sorry.

I'm done trying to have these types of discussions anyway, nobody really cares. Unfortunate how it turns to **** so quick.

- Greg
Greg, I posted before seeing your response. As I stated above, that thread really did cause me to change my point of view. So at least one person cares. The thing that changed my view was when Adam posted that $10k 75 Dart. I'd seen that car two years ago at a show, and saw how my newb friend (with a 75 Scamp) got excited that his car was worth something. It got me thinking that someone without a car (and a friend to set him straight) might see this car, and be happy to plunk down $5k on a junker since he thinks it's a deal. Then it propagates, and prices rise. My former view was that rising prices were soley the fault of the buyer who is willing to pay the money. But I'm now thinking people like the guy trying for two years to get $10k for that car are tipping the scales for cars that actually sell. Thanks for opening my eyes, even though it took a bit for it to sink in.

Id like to apologize if I pissed anyone off in the last few weeks. Obviously theres a few topics that get me pretty heated. Most members understand what my reason for it is. Im obliviously pretty frustrated with the hobby and coming here to try to keep things running smoothly can get a bit depressing but I have put 8 years into this place now and I refuse to give up just because I dont agree with a few members views or be cause I feel someone screwed me over.

I would like to remind everyone that all of the staff here work real hard at trying to be fair. Sometimes that is very difficult when the same 4 or 5 guys keep pushing buttons, Yes it does get personal. Id like to thank them all for working hard at being fair and trying to set a good example. But Id like to also remind everyone else that we are only human and I dont expect them to not have an opinion or be able to voice it just because they are a staff member.

That being said, theres a certain Dart Sport 340 I have my eye on and hopefully I'll be able to afford it in the next few months if the owner is still interested in selling it. But with baby #3 due any time now Im not gonna hold my breath on picking up a project for this year.

don't sweat it man. speak your mind and don't apologize for it. seems more and more around here are getting overly sensitive ( waiting to see a package of Massengill to be sent out with every new membership soon..:roll:.) can't worry about those guys. have to call things as you see them. some can handle it others can't. me i'd rather here how you see it then what i want you to tell me.

don't sweat it man. speak your mind and don't apologize for it. seems more and more around here are getting overly sensitive ( waiting to see a package of Massengill to be sent out with every new membership soon..:roll:.) can't worry about those guys. have to call things as you see them. some can handle it others can't. me i'd rather here how you see it then what i want you to tell me.

You mean you don't carry a case of Kotex around in the trunk?

My fault. Sorry.

- Greg

Don't you dare stop. Any of you. Right or wrong there is always something to learn. Just like Blackbomber said. You don't have to agree. You don't have to disagree. The point is, everyones opinion has value. Sure that thread went to chit, most threads do, it happens. Yep, Adam had a pissed off moment, but even that had merit. It was honest.

Man, I shouldn't do these things before my coffee......

You said it yourself Adam,You have a great bunch of mods doing a good job,so givien the circumstances coming up in you and your familie's lives why don't you "take a break" . I think it would really do you a world of good to step away for a short period of time,or as much time as you feel is necessary. Just my .02 .

Hey Adam,
No need for apologies as far as i see it, you have said nor done anything wrong. I for one appreciate all you have done for this site as well as the hobby in general.
I guess we all have to realize that this is a ''family'' of fellow a body enthusiasts, and as you know, all families have disagreements from time to time.
But when the dust settles, we're all still ''family''.
At least that's the way i look at it.
On another note, having your third child on the way is a blessing to you and your family.
And i hope you get the Dart Sport that you want, after all you have been through, you deserve it.
Thanks for everything you and all of the mods do for us.
Tom.

This site is run amazingly well for one as busy as it is. Try not to let it get to you. Congratulations on the addition to your family. This is a great website!
icon14.gif

Adam,

There are flippers and hoarders in every facet of any hobby and that will never change. In my opinion, if there are 4 or 5 individuals on this site who are causing problems they are a very small percentage because the site has over 20,000 members. The persons causing the problems should be warned as you and the other Mods always do, and then someone should take appropriate action and then santions should be introduced. I try to stay away from confrontations myself, but it sometimes gets under my skin also. I don't think the greater majority of any of the members here hold any ill feelings towards you or the other Mods because of your comments or actions. This site has the benefit of a vast wealth of knowledge and it shows when someone has a problem or question. I've had BS called on something I've posted by other members, and sometimes they are right and I don't take it to heart. None of us are perfect and never will be, but I applaud you stepping up and apologizing even though I see no need for it. Hey bud, enjoy your family and the new one who is on the way and take heart, 99% of the members here have your back.

Bill S.

Don't sweat it Adam. Some of the threads on here should get sent to the crapper almost immediately. Sure, one side of the argument is let people voice there opinion. Problem is, some of these very same people will damn near attack another individuals opinion. Maybe my perception of it is just wrong.

-
Back