My appologees to Fabo

-
Everyone.......I just wanted to say sorry on flippin and taking all for sale out. I didnt want this to get into a huge debate about right and wrong. I have no hard feelings at all.PLEASE......just take it as it is..a apology. Everyone play nice and the sandbox has lots of cars for all...JM2C

I think the problem is that on one wants to play with the chebbies in the sand box and the fat kid has all the mopars!!

I have newer had a problem posting ads. This site has been by far the best place for me to sell parts that I don't need anymore. If an ad was deleted, there must had been an isssue. INMO the problem comes when a poster doesn't think the ad through before posting. A friend who is no longer with us told me to put as much info in my ad as possible. I now include at least one picture because I used to get a "Can you send me a picture response?" That way the buyer knows what he/she is buying. I try to error on over informing the buyer. Maybe that's why my latest ads have not had any problems. Try it!

cant we all just get along ? this is one for the "sticky" category lol ..i guess i dont completely understand the dynamics of posting in the classifieds . sounds a bit too complicated. so i will just sit back and read the fireworks !!!

I closed Edds thread about not selling parts here. To me it looked like Edd was frustrated, nothing more nothing less. And the thread that was closed, well, was going to go sideways, in my opinion. I have not been here all that long but one thing that is somewhat apparent is some members have a hard time with the policy of "if you aint got nothing nice to say keep your mouth shut". Sorry if you do not agree with it.....
As far as the sale ad issue, rules are rules. Pretty simple. Dont like it, bring it up with Joey. Is it that hard to follow them?? Why should a moderator go in and delete an email address or phone number when the rules clearly state Do NOT post email addresses or phone numbers in your ad or in any response to an ad. Use the PM feature. Only FABO Gold Members may place email and phone numbers in ads. And why should any one have to chase down some ones location?
I agree that the Mods have a necessary but thankless job. There has to be some rules or the whole site will go down the tubes. READ THEM! FOLLOW THEM! I do find it interesting.....inkjunkie.....and a bit amusing, that under your own avatar, YOUR location is listed as "in the sticks"......yeah, that narrows it down.....:)

Blue and white brother...........4 Evr

And always remember, don't never forget, that most well used, most forward seeing, most forward thinking, positive phrase, reserved throughout the hockey world exclusively for the blue and white and no other, Ladies and Gentleman There's Always Next Year.:salute::blob::D

And always remember, don't never forget, that most well used, most forward seeing, most forward thinking, positive phrase, reserved throughout the hockey world exclusively for the blue and white and no other, Ladies and Gentleman There's Always Next Year.:salute::blob::D
.....We will see...........We will see...:burnout:To the cup:cheers:

I would wager that MOST of the members that "flag" a post to a moderator via the Report Post button, have NO intention of buying the parts that are in the for sale ad anyway. Those guys just want to blow the whistle on their FABO "friends" behind their backs, all the while calling each other brothers.
The rules are being broken in the For Sale section because there are too damned many rules to follow. I mean think about the phone number thing.....what difference does it really make if a guy posts his home phone number in his ad? Why is he only allowed to once he's paid the forum $30? How does that make any difference to the sale of the parts?
I think that if anyone is trying to sell a part, but leaves off some bullshit piece of info that some feel is important, the only guy that should matter to is the guy on the other end who IS interested in actually buying the part! And if he's that interested in said part, all he has to do is PM the seller, which he's going to do any damned way! Almost all sale ads go like this..... "I have this thing for sale". The very next post is usually "PM sent". Well, then dammit, when ya PM the seller, ask the SOB where the hell he lives. Not that it matters anyway unless he lives across town from ya as it will almost always have to be shipped regardless.
I dunno. It just seems like the board has turned like everything else in the world. Everything in our daily lives is "controlled" one way or another, and more and more freedoms are being regulated. It's like the Envrio-weenies and the EPA are running the place now.
I have no plans to bounce, but it was a lot more relaxed here until recently.
FWIW.

George R

BBBBBBBBBBBBBB
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
CCCCCCCCCCCCCC
ooooooooooooooo
NNNNNNNNNNNNN

I agree that the Mods have a necessary but thankless job. There has to be some rules or the whole site will go down the tubes. READ THEM! FOLLOW THEM! I do find it interesting.....inkjunkie.....and a bit amusing, that under your own avatar, YOUR location is listed as "in the sticks"......yeah, that narrows it down.....:)
Do I have a for sale ad with no location in it?? Nope, so why do you need to know where I live, unless of course you are going to come over and help with the rock farming that I got going on.....Anybody seen Chester??

Do I have a for sale ad with no location in it?? Nope, so why do you need to know where I live, unless of course you are going to come over and help with the rock farming that I got going on.....Anybody seen Chester??

How do you cook them there ROCKS?????????

Moe
d3018be3.jpg

Hey Mark for 100 bucks I'll tell ya where he lives.

Ed,our deal for the parts you had for sale went like silk,smooth and easy,because we talked to each other,sent each other all our info needed to do the deal and you shipped the items,2 boxes full,fast and got it in a few days.Could not ask for a better seller/buyer working deal,what every one else is bitchin about,is beyond me,we both put every thing on the table,done deal,money sent by paypal.No problem.
Ed,there are some dumb *** people on here,and can,t press a button to save there own *** to find info,or look at ones personal info that is in front of them.Like I said earlier,you want to sell,post all the personal info so people can get a hold of you in your file and how to contact you,I will deal with you any time if you got stuff for sale,at a good price,the cash is here,mrmopartech

Edd and I have dealt back and forth on several items. He is top notch.
I get annoyed when someone responds about where is your location because most of us put our location on our altvater. Besides all you have to do is click on the person and find his zip code on his home page.

I like rules.

Ed, I have no idea what happened but it cannot be bad...

You are welcome in my keck of the woods anytime.. :)

ian.

I spent a good portion of yesterday working with Edd, let me tell everybody this guy doesn't have a dis-honest bone in his body. Edd is a great guy:prayer: and will do anything to help anybody out. I've bought stuff from Edd and can say he doesn't sell junk and he's not looking to get rich off of anybody either. Edd thanks for the good times yesterday I really enjoyed working with you =D> .
There seems to be a few people that feel they must criticize people:wack: that are new to the hobby and trying to learn. These people tend to forget they were new at one time as well and did not know everything either. We all need to support and help each other in this great hobby. That is all I have to say at this point as I just wanted to put my 2 cents out there.:burnout:

-
Back