My Brother lost EVERYTHING in a recent house fire

-

67yellowdartgt

Reaction score
My Brother just lost EVERYTHING in a recent fire and got injured and burned pretty badly while he was trying to save his 2 white Boxer doggies..Unfortunately he was never able to find them and they parished in the fire...He was renting the house with no renters insurance...His newer work van was insured and totalled so he will get insurance money for that...

He also had a 71 Pro Street Dart that was running high nines that just needed paint and a few odds and ends that wasnt insured either...That was in the garage and I talked him into salvaging it (Not as bad as we thought and WE are going to save it!!!)..He has gotten donations and is statring to get back to work but his priorties are to get back on his feet and start rebuilding his life...I really want to get started on it (my father in law and myself are gonna start disassembling and sanding it down, but I am going to need to start gradually collecting parts as we are able to afford them...

If anyone has parts for this project that are reasonable or are just willing to donate..Please let me know...This is the only material thing he has left of 49 years....Thanks guys and gals!!

Here's some pics...

Attachments

• IMG_3648.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_2994.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_5185.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_7815.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 328
well i have a 75 parts car send parts list to me of what u know will fit his year off mine and i will look to see if i have them im sorry to here this maybe i can help u out

Don't have anything to give but prayers for strength and endurance for all- but will gladly give those. Wish there was more I could do.

Sad read neighbor. I've got a 73 model 4 door Valiant here in Easly SC that will go to the crusher before Thanksgiving. Meanwhile you are welcome to just about anything it can provide.
Good luck.

Man I am sorry to hear/read this!! Unfortunately I dont have any parts/pieces that would work for him. Sorry to hear about the boxers.... Kudos to you and dad for starting on the project for him! Not to sound like an *** here, but any time I have rented a place, I always got tenant/renters insurance....it was only $25 a month...could never figure out why people cant set that amount of $$ aside. I mostly have cuda parts, but let me know if anything will work for you.

I am very sorry to hear this. I went through the same thing back in march. I pray that your brother makes a quick recovery.

I would like to take a moment to stress the importance of renters insurance. We had renters insurance and it really saved us.

This insurance is very inexpensive, ours was $115 a year for $75,000 coverage.

Without insurance you get an "Im sorry" and maybe a few bucks from the Red Cross.

Our pay out bought us a house. I still have many things to replace but I don't have to worry about where my wife and I will live.

(Dates on the pics are not correct.)

100_1763.jpg

100_1764.jpg

100_1765.jpg

100_1766.jpg

100_1768.jpg

100_1780.jpg

100_1792.jpg

Thanks so much for the thoughts everyone!!! Truely means a lot...DartDoctor and Redfish, I'm going to really look it over this weekend but I REALLY appreciate your generocity! I'll keep you posted as to what i'm going to need and what could possibly interchange...

1968formulas340 - i'm really sorry about your loss...It's really hard to see someone go through a fire loss especially a family member...

In hindsight, my brother would have had renters insurance and after everyone periodically telling him he should have it, he's now pretty upset he didn't get it..

Thanks again all!!

My Brother just lost EVERYTHING in a recent fire and got injured and burned pretty badly while he was trying to save his 2 white Boxer doggies..Unfortunately he was never able to find them and they parished in the fire...He was renting the house with no renters insurance...His newer work van was insured and totalled so he will get insurance money for that...

He also had a 71 Pro Street Dart that was running high nines that just needed paint and a few odds and ends that wasnt insured either...That was in the garage and I talked him into salvaging it (Not as bad as we thought and WE are going to save it!!!)..He has gotten donations and is statring to get back to work but his priorties are to get back on his feet and start rebuilding his life...I really want to get started on it (my father in law and myself are gonna start disassembling and sanding it down, but I am going to need to start gradually collecting parts as we are able to afford them...

If anyone has parts for this project that are reasonable or are just willing to donate..Please let me know...This is the only material thing he has left of 49 years....Thanks guys and gals!!

Here's some pics...

SOB, that is realy nasty. I hope it works out 4 the best

My family lost EVERYTHING in a house fire in 1986. Left for 2 hours, came back to an orange ball of flame, remember it like it was yesterday. NO RENTERS INSURANCE as well. The only time I ever saw my Dad in tears. I am so sorry to hear about your brothers loss, wish I had some Dart parts kicking around to donate. At least he made it out all right. MATERIAL POSSESSIONS can always be replaced, FAMILY CAN'T.

I also lost everything in a fire in 91.
Clothes were what we needed most after.
Got lucky did not loose no cars but everything was gone.

................Sorry to hear this.......i pray ur brother will get back on his feet soon..........i may have something to donate to his cause.......................kim...........

My prayers go out to him. I am the owner(well maybe he owns me) of a white boxer and im sure this is heart breaking.

-
Back