My Bucket of rust. 73 Dart Sport 340 4spd project

-
Thanks for all the great comments everyone. :) They help me stay motivated on the car. I was close to sending the shell to the scrap not to long ago.

Thanks Dave. I never knew what those numbers were for. Makes sence now.

I just heard from John a little bit ago and the inner fenders are pretty much fixed. I am hoping to go see the car this week and post some new pics. Let me just say, John is a master fabricator. He does some great work.

I just looked, the projected build date was Aug, 11. That was a Saturday and was the day that American Graffiti hit theaters. Kind of cool I think.

Here are some pictures taken just a little bit ago of the inner fenders and firewall.

Well, this will be the last night that the firewall looks like this. :) John is filling in about everything. :)
a8851a11.jpg

1976694e.jpg

db960b4b.jpg

Here is a shot of the shock tower brace.
3d68ff41.jpg

b4aa24e7.jpg

5cbf08d9.jpg

Some metal work

The inner fender was all rotted out here, so John replaced it with fresh metal. It looks so nice.
8fb867b4.jpg

159c09c9.jpg

2973d5a0.jpg

This corner was all messed up. So again, fresh metal
e41e7df4.jpg

72f487a3.jpg

Thats all for now. :)

Here's a little update. John is awesome and has made some great progress on my now three buckets of rust. The engine compartment is getting so close to being ready for primer that I can't wait. :)
0afe34aa.jpg

c3b999ee.jpg

456f221c.jpg

Also, I scored some factory painted duel race mirrors for the car.

wow, nice work! keep it coming! if i saw that car, i wouldnt look twice. lol. awesome of you to bring it back!!

I wanted to send it to the scrap heap, but John talked me out of it. I think he may be regretting that now. lol

I am going to go with a different type of heater. I forget what its called. Mojave heater or something like that

Ahh! I asked because I beat on my cars HARD and even with a great cooling system I've beaten on the car so hard I've had to use the heater core to help cool the car down (heater full blast and windows down).

I hate when you have to do that. I am hoping to run a aluminum three core. So hopefully I wont have to worry about that

Well, I have been working a deal on some very nice rust free front sheet metal for the car and it looks like it should be up here next week. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Now the only piece of sheet metal that I need is a rust free, dent free tail panel. Anyone have one that they will sell???? I will also be looking for a factory duel scoop for the car and that's about it body wise.

Here's the dart that I am getting all the parts off of;
92eea53c.jpg

fa416113.jpg

7f890377.jpg

e81f9a46.jpg

I am also getting the doors, grille, bumper, and hood along with a few other things.

The only sheet metal on this car that is going to be original to this car is the roof skin, cowl, most of the firewall, pass inner fender, pass floor pan, rear floor pans, and trunk floor. Wow!!! I should have scrapped this car.

Yes he does. If you look real close, you will recognize the car next to it. :)
Duster5-23-093.jpg

-
Back