my custom cnc thermo housing

-

MoparOrNokar

HammerTime
Reaction score
Wanted a 90 degree neck and didnt want to buy one so i decided to try my own. Welds turned out horrible due to contamination but they should work. Figured i would show off some cnc and manual lathe work though

Attachments

• 20160330_210015.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 364
  • 20160330_082613.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 334
Oooh, sparkle! Nice, AL welding is something I need to learn, with a spool gun?

interesting Sealing with OEM type gasket or nice 'O' ring ?

I like custom stuff anyways.... and this is nice and impressive work!!!! I don't see
anything wrong with your welding skill's.... give yourself a lot more credit for the work
you have done!! Nice.:cheers::cheers:

I like it, but after all that trouble, you're gonna run a retard accordion hose. Nice touch. lol

What kind of hose should i use then. Where i was raised we were told if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything. Im not going around trashing builds and parts. Smh. Some people

What kind of hose should i use then. Where i was raised we were told if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything. Im not going around trashing builds and parts. Smh. Some people

They aren't burning on you. They are telling you (in a FABO kind of way) that there are better hoses out there.

And, seems a little funky to make a very nice Tstat housing and stick that fugly thing on it.

That's all. You gotta have a thin skin around here. It's all good...mostly!

What kind of hose should i use then.

a nice molded one would look light years better then the thing on it now.. should be able to easily match one up.. start with one for a 318 70 dart or a 73 318 charger.

can't believe how many cars i have seen over the years that you can just tell have 10's of thousands of dollars in them.. look great right up till you see those god awful looking hoses.. it really takes away from the car...

Where i was raised we were told if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything. Im not going around trashing builds and parts. Smh. Some people
facebook-crying-emoticon-with-tears.jpg

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k"]Lighten Up Francis - YouTube[/ame]

a nice molded one would look light years better then the thing on it now.. should be able to easily match one up.. start with one for a 318 70 dart or a 73 318 charger.

can't believe how many cars i have seen over the years that you can just tell have 10's of thousands of dollars in them.. look great right up till you see those god awful looking hoses.. it really takes away from the car...

I went to 2 local autoparts and all the molded ones had weird bends or were too short

I used a SB CHEVY housing. works perfect! Just machined out the room for the thermostat.

Attachments

• 094.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 264
Better than a casted chrome one any day and with billet it won't pit and leak in a few months.

Nobody's trashin your build, dummy. Just your choice of hose.

Tell you what I do. Take a piece of cardboard and cut it out in the shape of the hose you have on there now. Measure each end to see what inside diameter you need and take it to the parts store and find a molded hose shaped like it. Any of the parts stores will let you go behind the counter and pick you one out.

You need to learn the difference between constructive criticism and bashing. I in fact COMPLIMENTED your fab work on the housing, yet you CHOSE to zoom in on the negative. That was YOUR decision, not mine. You have a NICE lookin engine. You made a NICE lookin water outlet and crammed a dumb lookin hose on it. We are not bashing you. We are trying to HELP you make YOUR engine look a little nicer. You're welcome.

Accordion hoses are for stupid Chevy guys. A nice molded hose shows you care about what your engine compartment looks like and shows you went to the extra trouble to follow up on details.

Now, if after all that, you still think I am bashing you then please feel free to put me on ignore.

Look at one for a 73 charger with a 318. May fit with that extension you built into the thermostat housing. If not there is one that will match up. Just have to do some homework.

If you can do such a great job on that water outlet, just make a billet hose extension so the small block hose will fit.

Nice work on the water neck. But, I have to agree on the hose. Hunt however long it takes to find a molded one that will work to replace that one. You don,t want a silly hose detracting from your nice work.

-
Back