My Dart Vs C5 Corvette RESULTS

-
Next time take it to the track,its guys like you and others who street race that give guys like me and others who race LEGALLY on sactioned drag strips a bad name,especially when something happens ie:some bystander is hurt or killed,the news media always refers to it as drag racing when in truth its nothing more driving to endanger/speeding..

OK mom.

In addition to what sic71dart said. We actually used to have a track in Fremont (Baylands Raceway). But the ultraconservatives (like yourself) figured out a way to get rid of it in the late 80's. That's when the street racing really picked up. Like my previous post stated, someone was actually killed and police cracked down at all the previously mentioned locations at around the 1993 time frame. I haven't been to those locations since. Also as I previously stated, there were way too many bystanders and it got out of hand. It is unfortunate that girl was killed and it should have never happened.

This is how I have done it since. We gather up to 6-8 cars (2-3 pairs) meet at a location to discuss who races who. We then leave that location for another location(secluded) and run the pairings. We never have more spectators than drivers. We run several passes and were gone. It's over and done with within 5-10 minutes and we meet back at the first location to discuss results. Very efficient. The headcount stays low, no drugs, weapons or BS like that. There is always a risk of driver injury, but spectator injury is virtually eliminated. Heck, you can get injured driving to the grocery store. One of the racer's father is a high ranking city official and knows this is happening.

Not everyone can conveniently trailer or drive their car 100 miles to the strip. Would you drive your own Mopar that distance or would you trailer it? I have a hard time believing many people would drive their 11 second, 416", 4.30 or steeper geared racecar 100 miles to the track. Not everyone on this forum is capable of purchasing and maintaining a trailer. Take a minute to think about that.

Street racing is not my first choice. I prefer the track because of safety crews, timing equipment, clean/smooth track, high octane gas onsite, food. Unfortunately, my options, as many others in my area, are severely limited.

On a side note, I had heard rumors a few years back about converting a very small airport into a drag strip somewhere in east San Jose. Anybody heard about this or know what the hell happened with that?

yes, street racing is not the safest thing in the world but accidents happen at dragstrips too, people get seriously hurt or killed, somtimes drivers and every once in a while bystanders too at the drag strip. And if someone gets hurt on the track or on the street either way its still drag racing, theres always risks involved

Yes but what i and others do on the track is LEGAL!!! on the street its not..i always find it funny too that guys that think they're cars are quick on the street,when they get to the track they find out just how slowwwww.. they're cars really are..everyone thinks they can run tens but are in for a surprise when best they can manage is 14's...lol..

Yes but what i and others do on the track is LEGAL!!! on the street its not..

So you're saying you've never driven faster than the posted speed limit, rolled a stop sign, parked where you shouldn't have, failed to yield, etc?

i always find it funny too that guys that think they're cars are quick on the street,when they get to the track they find out just how slowwwww.. they're cars really are..everyone thinks they can run tens but are in for a surprise when best they can manage is 14's...lol..

Let's stick to the subject please.

WOW! I just saw this. Good job!
Now, lets address the issue or ripping i received from your first post.

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!

17yr old in a stang (figures) like i said, They think their cars are faster then they are. Point proven. 1pt for me.

Camero----Thinks his car is faster then it is. Although this was not 100% proven, you did win the race,just because he doesn't know how to opperate his parts, not your problem. Tell him to take the part back to K-Mart (did i mention you can buy performance parts for a Chevy at K-Mart, go figure.lol)
1pt for me.

Vette--This was the one i was worried about, and may i say good job. But lets refer back to the original post, did i mention i was ripped for saying this, some drivers dont know how to drive (or in words like that). Not to say you wouldn't have won, but from the sounds of it, he wasnt that good(?). Once again point proven. 1pt for me.

So lets recap, with a total of 3pts., all points proven, i wasn't far off now was i?

GREAT JOB! glad to see a MoPar, which is what this site is intended for, Get there props. Hope the Chevy guys on this site will now give you your props as well. But remember.....There is still some Chevelle out there that may be bitter about the results!

MoPARS RULE!

I would like to also add, before the hate mail starts, I have NO hatetred for other brands, to each there own. I have Stang friends, i have Chevy friends, we all get along.
Just the other day, a newer friend and i were looking at his Mustang Saleen and Cobra collection. He loves his fords, He asked about what my car was, let him know Mopar(it wasnt with me) eyes got big and started to nod his head yes. There was respect just from the word. It was a nice conversation, 2 guys talking cars, with nothing but respect for both.
I am sorry if i have gotten off the subject so i will stop now.

A couple of things...

The Mustang is just displaying it's Ford-ness. Is that a word?

The guy with the Z28 should stay away from Hypertech products. They're no good. He needs a custom tune. Also, those transmissions have problems. It may not be related to the Hypertech.

Traction control on older GM products sucks. It just bogs the motor. The traction control they have on the new Vettes (C6's) is pretty good. They have a competition mode which lets the tires spin just enough that the motor doesn't bog. My friend let me drive his 2005 C6 and it hauls ***. In competition mode, the rearend kicks out just a little on a hard 1st to 2nd shift.

Regarding Baylands being shut down by the "ultra-conservatives"...that's not it at all. It was strictly a money thing. The landowner was leasing the land to the guy who ran Baylands. They did not renew his lease because they wanted to develop the land and make big $$$$. It wasn't the government coming in and saying "You can't have a dragstrip here". By the way, I'm a conservative (not an ultra-conservative) and I love drag racing. My friend made the last official pass down the track on the last night at Baylands. I wish Baylands was still here, but this is the Bay Area and land is gold.

Regarding the rumor about the airport in East San Jose, you're probably talking about Reid-Hillview. Don't hold your breath. It'll never happen. The nearby residents already hate having the airport there because of noise and the occasional plane crash. If the airport goes away, say hello to a bunch of condos or yet another Home Depot. Money rules, especially in the Bay Area.

Seriously, despite all the defense by thrashhard340, take it to the track. If you are complaining about driving 70 miles to a sanctioned dragstrip to do this legally and at a timed venue then you really don't have a street car, and you should have a trailer to go along with it. Just so you know I am not the pot calling the kettle black. No more than 8 years ago I traveled with my high 12 low 13 second Demon to Richmond Virginia from Columbus Oh. This was a 4.10 geared car. Was very easy to switch from a 235/75/15 tire to my 235/60/15 wheels once I got there. Lowered the RPM by 400 at 65mph. That was a 10 hour plus trip so there are no excuses, it can be done. I also feel fortunate to have 5 race tracks within 1 hour of me, but 70 miles on freeways is just over 1 hour. Sorry to rant, but I agree an accident at the race track does not draw the media attention that those on the track do.

A couple of things...

Regarding Baylands being shut down by the "ultra-conservatives"...that's not it at all. It was strictly a money thing. The landowner was leasing the land to the guy who ran Baylands. They did not renew his lease because they wanted to develop the land and make big $$$$. It wasn't the government coming in and saying "You can't have a dragstrip here". By the way, I'm a conservative (not an ultra-conservative) and I love drag racing. My friend made the last official pass down the track on the last night at Baylands. I wish Baylands was still here, but this is the Bay Area and land is gold.

You're right about the above. I retract my comment about ultra-conservatives. I'm still ticked off about the closing of Baylands. Then you must remember the petition started around Fremont to reopen the track. If not the same location then another. Let's just say the people with the money didn't let it go very far.

Seriously, despite all the defense by thrashhard340, take it to the track. If you are complaining about driving 70 miles to a sanctioned dragstrip to do this legally and at a timed venue then you really don't have a street car, and you should have a trailer to go along with it. Just so you know I am not the pot calling the kettle black. No more than 8 years ago I traveled with my high 12 low 13 second Demon to Richmond Virginia from Columbus Oh. This was a 4.10 geared car. Was very easy to switch from a 235/75/15 tire to my 235/60/15 wheels once I got there. Lowered the RPM by 400 at 65mph. That was a 10 hour plus trip so there are no excuses, it can be done. I also feel fortunate to have 5 race tracks within 1 hour of me, but 70 miles on freeways is just over 1 hour. Sorry to rant, but I agree an accident at the race track does not draw the media attention that those on the track do.

Good points. And you are right as well. It can be done. Is it practical? Not really. Drags are Wednesday nights. Traffic is lousy @ 6 PM the drive to the track would be closer to 90 minutes. I work on Thursdays. Why go through all this inconvenience when I can set something up in my backyard? I save the gas money it would take to get a 4.10 geared car to the track and back. (BTW, I mix 100 with 91). AND now I don't need to buy and store a trailer.

Seriously, I love going to the racetrack. It's my first choice. I agree that STREET RACING IS DANGEROUS AND ILLEGAL. That is why I devised the methods mentioned in my previous post. I wish I had 5 racetracks in my area to choose from. Unfortunately, I do not.

This will be my last rant on the subject. I believe there are others that feel the way I do and should offer their opinions. I'm sure you guys are sick of hearing from me by now.:vom:

Just out of curiousity 69dodgedart360, where did you guys run?

I just wanted to pass my thoughts along on the street racing thing so here we go. Street racing has been going on for as long as people have had a competitive nature and fast cars, it will always go on and will never stop. With that said I dont street race but would be lying if I said I never have, of course I have and of course its dangerous and etc etc...I just realize that no matter what any anti street racing members say will not change the mind of those who street race so I dont waste my time preaching. I also do not disagree with the "legal" racers on the board because they have a great point....i just say give it a rest or dont read street race posts in the future. Once again I dont condone it and I dont do it but I wont down those that do for whatever reason...and I'm a cop. If it happened in front of me while working of course I would have to intervene. After all that I have to say that I love hearing the story and I have at least 50 like it from back in the day. Great job and I love the car.

On a side note, I had heard rumors a few years back about converting a very small airport into a drag strip somewhere in east San Jose. Anybody heard about this or know what the hell happened with that?

that was me i said that. theres a stupid mini airstrip near eastridge mall on capitol and tully

All you "boys" should pinch your selfs that you don't live in Ontario, Canada. Over there they have a "street racing" law. Yep, get this--you need not to be racing anybody, just if you are going 50 km/p over the speed limit-thats 30 mph-you are "racing". You get your car impounded for 7 days, you lose your drivers license for 7 days and get fine $2,000 to $10,000. And thats first time!! The second time your license is gone for 10 years!!

The max speed limit on the freeways is 100 km/p-thats 62 mph-so anything over 91 mph-just on the freeways, other roads have slower speed limits, you can kiss your car and license bye bye. And they need just your plate number--no chasing you down.

Canadian ladies are a blast to be with but I am glad I live close to Ontario, Canada and not right there.

We all be in deep you know what :angel9:

70 miles on Bay Area freeways on a Wednesday afternoon/evening takes WAY more than an hour. Traffic sucks here. Sears Point (I refuse to call it Infineon!) is 88 miles from my house. I have to leave at 2 pm to get there right when the gates open. So many cars show up, it's ridiculous and probably half of them are Hondas with coffee-can exhaust and giant wings. If I left later, I would get stuck in traffic and possibly only get one or two runs once I got to the track.

70 miles on Bay Area freeways on a Wednesday afternoon/evening takes WAY more than an hour. Traffic sucks here. Sears Point (I refuse to call it Infineon!) is 88 miles from my house. I have to leave at 2 pm to get there right when the gates open. So many cars show up, it's ridiculous and probably half of them are Hondas with coffee-can exhaust and giant wings. If I left later, I would get stuck in traffic and possibly only get one or two runs once I got to the track.

i too can't call it infineon! sears point sounds so much better and less corporate. if i closed up shop at say 4pm, got my car warmed up, changed out of uniform, got on the road, i would get there about 6pm. the traffic just getting to the san rafael bridge from here would be 45 minutes itself! we are talking a total of 40 miles one way max and there is no way i am going to sit in traffic with dipshits on their phone rushing home and almost hitting me. no racetrack is worth that.
secondly, i have been there for wednesday night drags and you get about 2-4 runs at best. too many import fart buckets.

I like how everyone's telling me to go down to the track like nobody on this site has ever done it lol ya i understand its not safe and i really dont race often at all but yes ppl can get hurt and have (3 of my friends were racing an M3 when they rolled it, passenger flew out the window killed instantly while the other 2 burned with the car thanks to the seatbelts). but thanks for the suggestions and im secretely going to the track some time in april for the 1st time so i cant wait! l im just going to clarify that im not some dumbass who will race in traffic and cut ppl off and play chase on the freeway. this all went down on a country rd where the posted speed limit is 55 and its two lanes that go straight for approximately 4 miles and the only things to worry about are deer. but another thing ppl dont realize is just because going to the track is safe it doesnt mean your father still wont allow it and wont be worried that you or the guy next to you could plow into the wall or you at 100 and his only son is gone even with paramedics on stand by. The same consequences can happen anywhere your chance of survival is better at a track always tho.

Hey I didnt tell ya what to do! LOL I hate loading up and going to the track! and I havent in two years. It really sucks to be in my position though....its tough driving around in my car and not being able to pull the trigger :(

Small Milan.JPG

Hey I didnt tell ya what to do! LOL I hate loading up and going to the track! and I havent in two years. It really sucks to be in my position though....its tough driving around in my car and not being able to pull the trigger :(

Is that your duster??? If it is where did you get that fiberglass hood? or is steel with a fiberglass six pack scoop? Im looking for a bolt on one like yours?

They also used to run at Baileys Ave off 101. I've never been out there (too far for me) but heard that there used to be some wicked muscle cars down there.

Yeah Baileys is down a few miles past south San Jose off Monterey highway, I have heard of a lot of legendary races going down there but most seem to be past tense as more recently the cars moved up to Milpitas and Fremont. Its a strait 2 lane road maybe a mile or so long off of Monterey highway pretty much out in the sticks.

Yeah Baileys is down a few miles past south San Jose off Monterey highway, I have heard of a lot of legendary races going down there but most seem to be past tense as more recently the cars moved up to Milpitas and Fremont. Its a strait 2 lane road maybe a mile or so long off of Monterey highway pretty much out in the sticks.

I don't know about Milpitas, but I know it's not happening in Fremont anymore. At least not in the capacity that it used to be.

I like how everyone's telling me to go down to the track like nobody on this site has ever done it lol ya i understand its not safe and i really dont race often at all but yes ppl can get hurt and have (3 of my friends were racing an M3 when they rolled it, passenger flew out the window killed instantly while the other 2 burned with the car thanks to the seatbelts). but thanks for the suggestions and im secretely going to the track some time in april for the 1st time so i cant wait! l im just going to clarify that im not some dumbass who will race in traffic and cut ppl off and play chase on the freeway. this all went down on a country rd where the posted speed limit is 55 and its two lanes that go straight for approximately 4 miles and the only things to worry about are deer. but another thing ppl dont realize is just because going to the track is safe it doesnt mean your father still wont allow it and wont be worried that you or the guy next to you could plow into the wall or you at 100 and his only son is gone even with paramedics on stand by. The same consequences can happen anywhere your chance of survival is better at a track always tho.

The friends who died in the M3, did that just happend recently at an air strip? I just read a story a few days ago about one

Is that your duster??? If it is where did you get that fiberglass hood? or is steel with a fiberglass six pack scoop? Im looking for a bolt on one like yours?

Yep its mine, been my pain in the butt for about 17 years now LOL! I bought the hood back in 97 or 98 from WS (Walt Saari) Racing in Ashtabula OH.

the person in the m3 wasnt the group of kids who died my friends were in a firebird and this happened about 2 years ago

First of all, 69dodgedart360, I want to reiterate what all the other guys have been telling you: not only is street racing dangerous (to you, and more importanly, other people), but it's dumb.

Secondly, I want everyone here to start thinking about the fact that no matter where we race, we spend a whole bunch of imported oil to a) make an unnecessary trip there, and b) burn a bunch more racing. We need to conserve Mother Earth's resources!

Also, what about the dangerous greenhouse gases caused by this useless, dangerous and immoral activity? What about their "carbon footprint?!?"

If you'll excuse me, I'm just going to go ride my bicycle (painted with soy-based paints) to my job at the granola store.

Heh.

Okay, street racing is naughty... don't do it. And congrats to 69dodgedart360 for applying a "carbon footprint" to the hind end of three cars!

First of all, 69dodgedart360, I want to reiterate what all the other guys have been telling you: not only is street racing dangerous (to you, and more importanly, other people), but it's dumb.

Secondly, I want everyone here to start thinking about the fact that no matter where we race, we spend a whole bunch of imported oil to a) make an unnecessary trip there, and b) burn a bunch more racing. We need to conserve Mother Earth's resources!

Also, what about the dangerous greenhouse gases caused by this useless, dangerous and immoral activity? What about their "carbon footprint?!?"

If you'll excuse me, I'm just going to go ride my bicycle (painted with soy-based paints) to my job at the granola store.

Heh.

Okay, street racing is naughty... don't do it. And congrats to 69dodgedart360 for applying a "carbon footprint" to the hind end of three cars!

Going to the track is deffinately necessary its my hobby,and burning high octane fuel and $7.50 a gallon race fuel is my choice after all I'M paying for it!!! can't wait for the spring so i can deplete the o-zone layer even more...

-
Back