My first magazine article write up

-

daves66valiant

68 Dart 340/727:66 Signet Vert 340/5spd: 68 D100
Reaction score
This is my first ever magazine article write up. I'm excited to post it here for all my FABO friends to see. I was part of a header giveaway from Moparmax.com online magazine. If you have not checked it out, this online Mopar magazine offering is well done and has tons of racing articles. It is monthly and free.

The article details the installation of Doug's Headers (part D-450) into my 66 Valiant hardtop that has a 4-speed and a 360. I had some hurdles to overcome and some members here were very helpful as usual. I plugged FABO in the article because honestly this is the best car forum on the web period. :cheers:

I hope that you enjoy the article and please comment so I can improve upon any future tech articles. This was my first so please....any criticism of writing technique, style, pictures, etc. are welcomed. I had a fun time doing this and hope to do more in the future. :-D

I will post this in the Early A-body discussion as well and I will update with some sounds clips and more pics a little later.

Check it out. June Issue

http://www.moparmax.com/tech/2009/iv_6-headers-1.html

Looks great. I'm going to go over it slowly after lunch.

Great job, that is excellent. I was in Musclecar Review and Mopar Muscle a couple times a few years back...its a good feeling isn't it ? Congatulations.

Great job Dave! I'll look forward to future tech articles from you.
By the way, Ruby's lookin' good. And I'm sure she's breathing better now that the Dougs are on.

My apologies, Dave, but I just made a huge blunder. I intended to reply to a thread a member started
about designing a website and asked for comments. I inadvertently posted to yours by mistake. It's
no wonder you were probably trying to figure out what the heck I was talking about.

My bad,
Jerry

Nice work, Dave. I do have a few comments to help clean things up.

"Home" page
Maybe separate street address, city, and state with commas, or you could
stack address above city, state.
Consider making e-mail address into hyperlink, wherever it appears throughout site.

"About Westech" page
We currently offer engines packages for: (not plural)
* Chrysler/Dodge 392/426 Hemi V8 (spelling)

"Machine Shop" page
Consider replacing pictures with bulleted titles that lead to other pages with similar themes.

"Project Cars" page
This page is set up... (not necessary to capitalize)
Norm's Tech Talk (use apostrophe to indicate possessive)
...writes articles for... (spelling)
If interested, don't hesitate... (needs comma)
...and we hope to hear... (or maybe) ...we hope to hear...

"Cars of Westech" page
'68 Hemi (apostrophe goes in front of year to replace missing "19")
Same with '88
Jack's V-16 (use apostrophe to indicate possessive)
Same with Westech's
Blown (misspelled in a couple of captions)

"Open House" page
Try to reduce pictures on page to a few with captions that lead to other pages with similar themes.
All on this one page seems too cluttered.

"Directions" page
Get direct directions... (Is this what you meant to say?)

I wish I knew how to develop web sites.
Jerry

Thanks Jerry,
Wow. Guess you must be an English teacher. I'm sure the editor of Moparmax would be happy to see this. LOL. :read2:

I only did the header piece in my own words. None of the adverts, layout or anything else. I just submitted my written article with pictures. It was verbatim. I could pass this along though.

Great article Dave,maybe after my Spifires are toast and my 66 Dart is painted(in a few years)I,ll go for the Doug,s headers.Now that I,ll know what to expect I,ll get it done EARLIER than it took you!LOL!Nice job!

P.S Did you end up using the early cast bellhousing?What is the diff. from the Aluminum one?Thanks.Scott.

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Great article Dave,maybe after my Spifires are toast and my 66 Dart is painted(in a few years)I,ll go for the Doug,s headers.Now that I,ll know what to expect I,ll get it done EARLIER than it took you!LOL!Nice job!

P.S Did you end up using the early cast bellhousing?What is the diff. from the Aluminum one?Thanks.Scott.

I just used what I had which was the aluminum one. Brewer's really helped me out so I could keep the bell housing and my 10.5" Centerforce clutch.

-
Back