My first Mopar. 67 Barracuda

-
Got some tires on the new rims. M/T 275/50/15
new tire.jpg

new tire.jpg

newtire1.jpg

Looking good! My Dad had a '67 notch, it was gold, 273 Commando. It was very quick. My Mom drove it only once. It scared her.

Cool car you're saving.

Awesome work so far. A Notchback Cuda is something I've been wanting for a while now, I'm jealous.
Also after watching that youtube video, I somehow feel closer to your family.. haha.

Finished my cheap paint job. $16.00 total. Also painted the rims and polished the trim rings. It got dark before I could take any good pics.

painted.jpg

painted1.jpg

Got a little more work done lately. got the tach I wanted installed
DSCF1037.jpg

I pulled the old rusty gas tank to replace with a new one. The old one has stopped up three fuel filters. I also got a new sending unit and tank strap to go with it.
DSCF1058.jpg

I also started cutting out the rust in the trunk, but the boy didn't like the noise, so I had to stop. I think I'm going to hit it with the plama cutter anyway. Grinding is taking too long
DSCF1057.jpg

But... since I can't install the tank until I get the trunk repaired, I pulled the passenger side header to install some under chasis B body's. Well see if they fit the 440.
DSCF1056.jpg

I also picked up these scrap pieces from work, going to try to make some frame connectors out of 'em.
DSCF1061.jpg

This should be enough to keep me busy for a little while.

DSCF1037.jpg

DSCF1057.jpg

DSCF1058.jpg

DSCF1056.jpg

DSCF1061.jpg

I had to work 24hrs yesterday, so I didn't get as much done as I wanted today. I did get some of the rust cut out of the trunk though.8)

DSCF1062.jpg

DSCF1063.jpg

Looks like you have half the battle won already by the tone in your Wife's voice in the video.

If mama likes it, everyone likes it.

I like the $16 paint job. That's going to be a lot of car when it is done. Nice work. I like to see the practicle low dollar builds on here. Not all of us can afford all the new Hi-Pro parts.

Well, after taking the boy to school today I fought with the passenger side header. It wasn't as bad as I thought. B-Body header on the passenger side. I'd say 25% of the battle is won, I know the driver side is going to be a pain:angry7:

DSCF1064.jpg

DSCF1065.jpg

DSCF1066.jpg

DSCF1067.jpg

I like the $16 paint job. That's going to be a lot of car when it is done. Nice work. I like to see the practicle low dollar builds on here. Not all of us can afford all the new Hi-Pro parts.

thanks, I don't have unlimited money to throw at this car. I just want something to drive and enjoy, not a show stopper.

Well, the B body headers aren't going to fit without cutting and welding. Its just too tight. I've removed the master cylinder, starter, torsion bar and steering knuckle and it just wont go.:angry7:

DSCF1070.jpg

DSCF1071.jpg

DSCF1072.jpg

DSCF1073.jpg

DSCF1074.jpg

Man, that sucks when they don't fit.

Even the one's that are supposed to be a bolt in done deal, never fit for crap.

Fenderwell headers are horrid! (hope you don't like your front tires too much) Problem with mounting regular headers, there is little to no room!! Unless you can find or build a set of custom headers, good luck. Hell even headers on a SB don't fit that well.
The passenger side headers usually go in pretty decent but the drivers side, You'll run into the same issues as your Big block. Big blocks don't fit well at all in those little A bodies. Another thing, big block A bodies don't handle well in turns but for all out straight runs,.... <evil grin>
Looks like you're having fun with it though. I know I will when I get around to my 67 Fishy! ;)

I'm sick of the headers for now, so I got the first coat of paint on the gas tank. My progress doesn't look like much compared to some of the other awsome restorations going on, but I'm happy with it.:cheers:

DSCF1077.jpg

DSCF1076.jpg

today i put everything back as if I never touched it. I had to put the torison bar back in, starter on, transmission lines, shifter cable and master cylinder. All that just to find out that the headers didn't fit
4076.gif

Looking great. Too bad about the headers.
Keep the great work up.

I love them 67 but mine is older. I got a 65 with a 340. Its a fun project. Good luck with it and they're pricey but some custom dougs headers work great. I got the 340 in my 65 the guy before me had to get them custom.

-
Back