My first muscle car build thread (lots of pics)

-
looks great Dan! You def have to show up those chebby guys down the street. When will you be starting the 4 speed swap? I know you have quite the collection of parts hopefully when your done with school you will be swapping it out.

Hopefully after school is over. I am working really hard at school rite now. We are trying to make an animation that will get into metrocaf. But, we have a long way to go and a short time to get there.

Snapped a few pictures today, figured id post them up. I might mess with the grill this weekend but i can't promise anything. Id like to get some tires for my other police rims and get some kind of orange stripe or something on the car to match the wheels.

IMG_1409.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

I finaly figured out how to mount the tach on the auto column! good thing too since my speedometer stopped working.
IMG_1412.jpg

IMG_1413.jpg

IMG_1414.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

Nice progress man. The dry rot on those rear tires scares me a little bit though... I understand tires aren't cheap and understand the struggling student thing very well. I kept this hobby alive through high school, four broke years of college, and two even more broke years of Graduate school. Keep moving along slowly and you'll get there.

i vote one of the first two in terms of stripe ideas.. wasnt to big on that last one.. just my .02

I like #1..but would like to see you fatten it out a just little when it hits the 1/4 panel.....

Finally graduated college, I got a set of 245/60/15s as my graduation present.

dart_tires.jpg

Now that I don't have school i can focus on the dart, and getting a job. also one thing I noticed the other day is my addco rear swaybar brackets fell off. Kinda pissed about that but, ill figure something out for those.

Nice car but most of all congrats on graduating, I love seeing kids follow thru with their education. Good job and keep up the excellent work on the car.

Found some pinstripe and put it on the car. Now i just need to figure out where to get orange lettering.

IMG_1418.jpg
have you tried your local vinyl shop or DusterDude72 or challengergary yet? I bet challengergary could make you something if DD72 couldnt. They both are great guys and a pleasure to deal with. :D

Man, your car looks sharp!!:thumbrig: I have never seen another car like it yet:afro:

Too be honest the past two months I've been too busy to think about the car other than add fluids and drive her. did I mention she was my daily driver most of my last semester of college? damn car never left me hanging.

Also I've got a mopar friend local with a vinyl cutter. Haven't had the time to talk with him yet though and ask him if he could make me something. hell I'm pretty sure I could handle the digital part of it, I just don't have a cutter.

Congrats on graduating! Just re-read the whole thread, and am impressed with your work ethic. All the best in your future, and looking forward to seeing your next update.

Grant

Looks sweet! I missed this thread when it was posted, nice to see someone my age with a similar story! Been chugging along with my restoration for 5 years, I'm digging your flat black! haha

THE HEADERS ARE IN! I have not driven it yet as we need to finish making the idler bracket for the water pump belt. Should have all that done tonight. Man these things were a pain to put in but starting it up with open headers and revving it up made it all worthwhile. We decided it would be easier to make some purple hornie style bolt on mufflers instead of trying to connect it to the existing 2" system. sounds very very mean. I need to save up now and get a summit exhaust kit.

Oh and these flowtech headers fit pretty good. minor adjustments were made but not nearly as many as I thought.

IMG_1514.jpg

IMG_1502.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

IMG_1494.jpg

IMG_1495.jpg

IMG_1497.jpg

What brand headers are those? did you get em coated? They look really good. Clever job with the exhaust, pretty old school and street legal. :thumbrig:

When I had the car out for about a half hour I had two compliments. The neighbor came over and said "is that a new motor!? that thing sounds amazing!" that is a very impressive thing to hear from a neighbor! then I had a guy go out of his way to go into the turning lane at a red light to pull up next to me and give me a thumbs up! It sounds unreal at high rpms.

I did get stranded on the side of the road. I turned it off to check the oil and went to start it and had no juice. got a jump went home got in my other car to run to 7/11 for a few beers. That car now has failed or failing alternator. I just have the best luck don't I!

Can't believe we practically live next door and I have not seen this car yet...

Let me know if you're around, would like to come check it out sometime. Perhaps I could help with that charging problem.

Nice progress, good to see your project up and running. More than I can say for my own!

- Greg

Can't believe we practically live next door and I have not seen this car yet...

Let me know if you're around, would like to come check it out sometime. Perhaps I could help with that charging problem.

Nice progress, good to see your project up and running. More than I can say for my own!

- Greg

Judging by your other post about carquest you must live darn close. I am over almost behind thrifty beverage. you wouldn't happen to know bill bartasek would you?(I think i spelled his last name right) He is my dads friend who got me into A bodies.

I am around pretty much all the time right now. I just graduated and have no job. I think I might go back for my masters degree since it is pretty much free since my mom works at the college. anyway I am free all the time if you want to come check the car out, or help me figure out if its my starter that is shot.

it kinda sucks I was hoping to spend my remaining money on a windshield gasket but at this point it looks like its going towards a newer starter.

What project are you working on?

After I got the headers in I drove a bit then stopped to check my oil and adjust my timing. The car would not start. Checked all the charging system and today I figured out it was the voltage regulator. 20 bucks at autozone and I was back in business! much cheaper than a new alternator. the back of my old voltage regulator looked like a piece of melted cheese. anyway can't wait to drive it and dial in the timing!

-
Back