My First Project: 71 Dart Swinger

-
Reaction score
So I got my dart last September from a friend of my fiancee. Its a 71 Swinger /6 225. It hasnt run in a few years. The owner said that it ran fine, but it had a few minor things that went wrong and needed to be fixed, they parked it planning to fix it, but never did. It needs a new master cylendar, battery, and the radiator needs some real TLC. Hopefully ill have the funds for all of that in the next few weeks. so ive been doing the little stuff i can for now. I did an oil change, and pressure washed the engine as you can see in the pix. I also painted the air intake. After I get it running well again, I wanna work on getting the stance right and some body work. I would love to have that done before the wedding so we could drive away in it, but sense thats 3 months away i doubt it will happen. I am very new to this and have very little experience, so anything you might see in the pix that you want to point out, please do. Thanks if you got threw this long post!

2010-03-14 15.38.12.jpg

2010-03-14 15.39.36.jpg

2010-03-19 12.23.50.jpg

2010-03-24 15.10.13.jpg

2010-03-19 12.23.25.jpg

Looks like a nice clean car!! If you want to fix the stance, years ago I had my 67 coronet leaf springs re-arched. cost about $200 now a days, and they put 1 new leaf in and re-arched the rest, brought it up about 1-1/2" sat great. Shop around you will find someone to do it cheap. Where is your interior pix??? One more thing, pics of your wife with the swinger on your wedding day!! Then we can post them to out "Mopar Babes" thread!! LOL

Welcome to FABO happypizza! Where are you located? If you buddy up to a few local FABOers, they might just give you a helping hand and that thing mobile for the wedding.

Could not have picked a more desirable project car.

YOU CAME TO THE RIGHT PLACE, NOW WE GET TO CORRUPT YOU and talk you into all kinds of crazy modifications.

Crazy modifications??? Ooooh oooh I know!!! Give it some Austin Powers treatment ... British flag on the roof, Bondesque gadgets .... perfect for a wedding. After all, it IS a Swinger. ;-)

Of course I'm kidding happy pizza! Welcome aboard to the best Mopar site on the net. You'll love it here and get all the appropriate advice and help you could ever want. Make yourself at home.

Awesome, thanks for all the welcomes. Im located about 25 miles north of L.A. Id love to meet up with some people in the area. Ill take some pix of the interior when i get a chance. Its deffinitly gonna need a new dash. Thanks for the heads up on the leaf springs. Ive been trolling around the site for a while, reading about other peoples projects. So its cool to finally start to get workin on my own. If theres anyone in my area, shoot me message. As far as corrupting me goes, it wont take much =P i was a die hard charger fan for a while, and was planning on getting one for a long time and had all sorts of plans for it. But once I met the chick those dreams kinda went out the door, atleast for now. But I got a second chance with the free dart, and im stoked about it.

Sure is in excellent shape. Will make a great driver, and a great candidate to personalize.

Welcome aboard,

grant

it is a special? I remember seeing that when i was doing some research on the car. But I dont remember finding out if it was or not? what is it that makes it a "special"?

Specials had little emblems on the fender below swinger, the dart badge was moved to the quarter, the carpet was actually a big rubber mat, and no drip rail mouldings.

-
Back