My lil blue Dart "Then and up till now" 70

-
That's me Chuckie ! How are you and the family doing ? We've been seeing on the news you guy's getting all kinds of floods and such . Are you and the family OK ?

Lol I thought so! We're good. We live down by the 4 corners. Been raining like a monsoon until today, but no flooding

Lol I thought so! We're good. We live down by the 4 corners. Been raining like a monsoon until today, but no flooding
Good , I'm glad to hear that you and the family are all OK .

Here it is Bear. We just got going on the project in July and worked on her Wednesday nights with my kids
Bringing her home to our Garage at the end of this month and we'll be able to put in lots more hours.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=156904
That's a hellava project you got going on "DusterDaddy" ! It's nice to see the whole family working on it . I know sometimes it seems like it never ends but just keep pecking away at it and before you know it , you and the family will be hitting those cruise nights together .

Nice car! Glad to hear you've kept it and re-done the paint.Looks great!
Thanks "Captainkirk" . I gotta tell yah , It is a blast to drive . It idles nice , starts right up , and that 360 gives it more then enough power to get out of its own way . But I can't believe all the attention this car brings . I've got people hanging out of there car windows in traffic taking pictures and screaming "NICE CAR" ! lol

Thanks for the encouraging words Bear, The car is a mess, but she's our mess, and we love her. I love to see the kids crawling all over her like ants...
Floors came out really well and I'm happy to say that I can now weld sheet metal pretty damn well.

Can wait to have more than 1 evening a week to work on her.... !I'll post pics next week when we bring her home

Thanks for the encouraging words Bear, The car is a mess, but she's our mess, and we love her. I love to see the kids crawling all over her like ants...
Floors came out really well and I'm happy to say that I can now weld sheet metal pretty damn well.

Can wait to have more than 1 evening a week to work on her.... !I'll post pics next week when we bring her home
No problem "DusterDaddy" . Believe me I know that sometimes project's don't move as fast as we'd like them to sometimes . You'll be out cruising in that bad boy before you know it . I'll have to check out the up dates when you post them . I wish you and the family all the luck with your up and coming ride .

Took the Dart to it's first show last week end . It was a big hit . I couldn't believe the attention it was getting . I also swapped of the 245x60"s off the rear for a bigger set of soft mickey T's . No more spinning the tires off of every other red light with out trying . lol

Attachments

• IMG_2053.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 352
sweet car and great story! I especially like the call from your wife about the good news and bad news... reminds me when my wife came home and told me my 50 DeSoto would "chirp" the tires... after a bit of coaxing, I learned that it was more than a "chirp".... all with a flathead 6 cyl!

Damn that's nice! I love the 70-73's
Thanks Chuckie . Allot of hard work has gone into her to get her to this point . But my plans for "lil blue" have yet changed again . Something came up that was totally unexpected . I'll be posting the details on FTO soon .

sweet car and great story! I especially like the call from your wife about the good news and bad news... reminds me when my wife came home and told me my 50 DeSoto would "chirp" the tires... after a bit of coaxing, I learned that it was more than a "chirp".... all with a flathead 6 cyl!
Thanks "68B-cuda" and I have one question for you . Was there any tread at all left on your tires ? lol

I just realized that I didn't have any shots of the hart posted . Here's the lil roller cam 360 . It's a little dusty in the picture but I've cleaned it up sense . I know I've said this before but this car "is" a blast to drive . I'm gunna miss it .

Attachments

• IMG_1918.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 314
Are you still gonna sell it? I saw on FTO that you got a sweet warlock
Yah Chuckie , It's up for sale as of now . As much as I'd like to keep it , I just don't have the time or the room to have both . This is a "really" fun car and I built it to be a quick fun car that you could drive anywhere but the Warlock is going to be a sick big block hot rod when I'm done with it . It's time to put the local brand X guys in there place . And what better way to rub it in then in a truck , a MOPAR truck ! lol

Yah Chuckie , It's up for sale as of now . As much as I'd like to keep it , I just don't have the time or the room to have both . This is a "really" fun car and I built it to be a quick fun car that you could drive anywhere but the Warlock is going to be a sick big block hot rod when I'm done with it . It's time to put the local brand X guys in there place . And what better way to rub it in then in a truck , a MOPAR truck ! lol
lol I hear that!

Nice car! Glad to hear you've kept it and re-done the paint.Looks great!
CaptainKirk , I just wanted to say thinks again and I've been reading "your" build thread . I haven't finished it yet so I haven't chimed in "yet" but I just gotta say Maaan that's one helava story so far . I can't believe how well you right and to who ever happens to be reading this thread ? I strongly suggest you read his thread as well . You "WOUNT" be disappointed .

Bear the Dart looks great. Good luck with the sale. Love the Warlock!

Thanks ! Judging from some of the toy's you've had and still have I definitely take that as a compliment . :D

nice ride, my name is timmy, I just got my 70 dart for Christmas ,its decent with lots of power,im a mopar fan from way back, my plan is to redo this ride and drive ,any parts you may know of would be very helpful,thank timmy

nice ride, my name is timmy, I just got my 70 dart for Christmas ,its decent with lots of power,im a mopar fan from way back, my plan is to redo this ride and drive ,any parts you may know of would be very helpful,thank timmy

Thanks Timmy . Nice Christmas present ! You must have been a "real" good boy this year for santa to give that to you . lol Most of the extra parts I have on hand like the original dual scoop hood and complete rally cluster and such I'm hanging onto until after I sell the car . Just in case I need anything or like with the hood , who ever might be interested in the car they might want to take the six pack hood off and put the original one back on it . What are you looking for your Dart ? I have a lot of contacts and I've found a lot of stuff for other people for there cars and trucks that I didn't happen to have .

hi bear ,im looking for stock hood theres a demon scoop on this car also emlems for trunk lid, and decent bumpers,and ill be back in business,thanks tim like the six pac hood better then the demon hood,car is 408 runs great interior is perfect.

-
Back