My low buck gauge upgrade.

-

Badart

Reaction score
Well I'm almost done with my gauge cluster. I was going to order a redline gauge insert, but $100 is kind of steep for a piece of plastic, so I made my own from a piece of scrap stainless sheet metal. I cut up my original cluster and bolted the sheet metal to the back of it. The gauges are fairly cheap, but I'm on a budget. My indicator lights are on the way then I can wire up my turn signal indicators and high beam indicator. I am running a monster tach mounted to the dash so I did not put one in the cluster. I also plan on moving my head light and wiper swith below the dash. The cool part is that I only have about $190 in the entire thing. What do you think?

gauges.jpg

Looks good! I bought those same gauges for my car, just haven't gotten that far yet.
C

I like them,I have the tach with shift light in my 73 Dart Sport 340.It works well and easy to see.

I want instructions! With lots-o-pictures!

They look good but a dead man can look good.
If low budget means you will be using the cars stock wiring there is a better way than what they suggest in their instructions. Good luck in any case.

I want instructions! With lots-o-pictures!

Sorry Rumble but it is already wired up in the car. I am just waiting for the indicator lights and the 63" speedo cable to get there that will work from the 904 to my new speedo.

I will get a picture once it is buttoned up.

They look good but a dead man can look good.
If low budget means you will be using the cars stock wiring there is a better way than what they suggest in their instructions. Good luck in any case.

Thanks for your input. I was an Aviation Electrician in the Navy and wiring isn't an issue.

Turned out looking real good Badart =P~ I have an extra 66 dash cluster if I ever go that rout. Thank you for sharing :cheers:

Thanks for your input. I was an Aviation Electrician in the Navy and wiring isn't an issue.
perhaps you could help me I have a fuel gauge from an A-26 invader that I want to use in my bus do you have any idea where I can get wiring schematics there are 7 pins on the back it has three gauges left right and aux thanks

perhaps you could help me I have a fuel gauge from an A-26 invader that I want to use in my bus do you have any idea where I can get wiring schematics there are 7 pins on the back it has three gauges left right and aux thanks

I have no idea. I am sorry, but that is a little before my time. LOL But it sounds like a cool project.

Nicely Done ! The redline piece is really flimsy. I would never use one in a street driven car .I have a feeling it would distort on a really hot day. You did the right thing fabbing up your own .It's unique to your car , and you have the satisfaction of saying you did it yourself .:cheers:

I like it! Just need my speedo and I'll be a copy cat,lol. Not sure what material I''ll use,be it stainless or brushed aluminum etc. Gauges will be Autometer. Im hardcore autometer always have been...

looks great. I might consider hitting the stainless with some fine grit sandpaper and giving it a brushed finish. the glare from the polished finish may be annoying in the sun.

-
Back