My Mom

-

ABodyBetty

Reaction score
I told several people on here that I would keep you updated on my mom's health so here we go. She has been home from the hospital for about a month now. Every day is a new day, with highs and lows. She has to schedule some type of scan to see if the chemo and radiation got all of the cancer. She is still having pains in her stomach and on pain medicine. So we will just have to see. Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers.
On a good note me and my son took a road trip this weekend to celebrate my mom's birthday. I have attached a few pictures. One is of the cake professionally made, LOL!!! The next are pics of me, Clay, and my mom. Another one is of four of her seven grandsons. Enjoy!!

Attachments

• IMG_0918.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_0937.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_0938.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_0939.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 238
God Bless you and your Mom. I miss my Mom every day and know that she is now in a better place. Mom has been gone since 1996 and was only 62 when cancer took her from us.

God Bless you and your Mom. I miss my Mom every day and know that she is now in a better place. Mom has been gone since 1996 and was only 62 when cancer took her from us.

My mom turned 63 on Sunday. I miss her every day and wish I could be there for her during this time. I do have two sisters who live close to her that help to take care of her. My step-dad is also a great help. If it wasn't for him I don't think my would survive.

Spend what time you can and know we are all praying for you and your mom.

Prayers to your family....I lost my first wife to cancer...was tough watching it destroy her over a year....hang in there and keep up the fight!!

BTW....lovin' the Reds shirt....I'm watching them while I type....:)

Hope your mom starts feeling better. I just went thru cancer and had 20 days of chemo and have been cancer free for 3 months now...

Prayers out for your Mom, her family and you. Been there recently and it really sucks. In retrospect, the best thing to do is support her no matter what, let her now that she is loved and honor her requests. I'm sure you're already doing these things but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Be strong, she needs you and so does your family. :)

Good luck to your mom and I hope that everything turns out just fine. I'm sure that having you and family close by will help a lot. It's not fair that anyone should have to go through Cancer without their family closeby.

In retrospect, the best thing to do is support her no matter what, let her now that she is loved and honor her requests. I'm sure you're already doing these things but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Be strong, she needs you and so does your family. :)
Very well said Joe.....ABB, do your best to just honor her requests.....

On 2nd May 2005 , my mother was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer .
She survived until 4th Octobre 2005 ( @ 23:45 ) , just over 5 months to-the-date .

The chemo for her was worse than the disease , so my sister and I decided that she -- and it was my mom's final decision -- discontinue the chemo ; one of my aunts and one cousin -- both retired nurses -- agreed with this , and the chemo was discontinued .

I spent a 'normal' amount of time with her , as she didn't want any special treatment , nor did she want anyone's life to be compromised.
By the first week of Septembre '05 , her condition had worsened to the point where Hospice was necessary ( I highly recommend Hospice of the Valleys for anyone in the I.E. ! ) , as my father , sister and myself couldn't help her with certain needs .

Towards the end I was spending more time with her , just talking and listening .
At one point , I'd said to her : 'Do me a favour , and let me know that you made it to "the other side" alright . I don't want to know what the other side is like ; I just want to know that you're okay Please visit me if you're able.'

I was holding her hand and talking to her when she passed . By around 03:00 on the 5th ( three hours & fifteen minutes after she passed ) , my kitty 'Molly' woke me up with some soft cries in my ear . When I awoke , I saw my mother and her parents in mt room ; she came to visit me !!!:angel7::angel7::angel7:

My most sincere well wishes for you and your family . Keep on keepin' on ! :angel7:

She survived until 4th Octobre 2005 ( @ 23:45 ) , just over 5 months to-the-date .

The chemo for her was worse than the disease , so my sister and I decided that she -- and it was my mom's final decision -- discontinue the chemo ; one of my aunts and one cousin -- both retired nurses -- agreed with this , and the chemo was discontinued .

I spent a 'normal' amount of time with her , as she didn't want any special treatment , nor did she want anyone's life to be compromised.
By the first week of Septembre '05 , her condition had worsened to the point where Hospice was necessary ( I highly recommend Hospice of the Valleys for anyone in the I.E. ! ) , as my father , sister and myself couldn't help her with certain needs .

Towards the end I was spending more time with her , just talking and listening .
At one point , I'd said to her : 'Do me a favour , and let me know that you made it to "the other side" alright . I don't want to know what the other side is like ; I just want to know that you're okay Please visit me if you're able.'

I was holding her hand and talking to her when she passed . By around 03:00 on the 5th ( three hours & fifteen minutes after she passed ) , my kitty 'Molly' woke me up with some soft cries in my ear . When I awoke , I saw my mother and her parents in mt room ; she came to visit me !!!:angel7::angel7::angel7:

My most sincere well wishes for you and your family . Keep on keepin' on ! :angel7:
dang man that made me cry a little im not joking ........any how keep be there for her no matter if its a phone call or what ....i lost my grandma that way i was there when she passed that y he made me cry... but u are in my Prayers and so is ur dear moma ....

Prayers and the strenth of love I see around her will fight this thing away.
It's good to hear she has a good/Great husband on her side Betty :happy7:.
A belated Happy birthday and prayers for your mom this morning.
I see a strong soul and sweet lady with allot of strength around her.
Positive strength being sent through prayer for her, she is lovely :wave:

Prayers for you and your mom ABB, i lost both of my parents when i was quite young, and it's tough seeing a parent very ill. Please keep up with the time spent with her, it's therapy for both of you at this tough time.
Ask lots of questions and share stories. You both need that.
Regards,
Tom.

I'm sure your mom is probably still more concerned about her family's well-being then her own. That's a mom. Take the opportunity to show and tell her that you are making out OK and I'm sure it will help to keep her spirits up. And that is the best thing for her.

Prayers sent

Grant

Betty
It's nice to see your mom smiling with all that she's been though. She looks like she had a good time on her birthday.
I'm betting with everyone there really helps.

Best wishes to her.

Tom

By the way loved the beach scenario cake.

It is amazing how things work. I lost my husband when I was 23 and he was only 28. My son was 11 months old when he passed away. A few years later I was upset because he was gone and I was concerned if he was proud of how I was raising our son. At that moment I felt a touch on my hand. Call it crazy if you want but it was a sign. Thank goodness John came along and helped me get through it all and help me to raise my son. Your story was very touching to me and made me tear up but in a good way.

Thanks for all the prayers and continue to keep us in your thoughts. I try and call my mom everyday just to check in. She did tell me yesterday that she still has the blood clot on her lung which they don't know yet what they are going to do with it. She hasn't been strong enough for them to do anything about it. Mom goes to the doctor next week for a check-up and schedule the scan to monitor the cancer growth. She did have a great time at the party but I could tell she was very tired and not feeling well. The grandchildren didn't want to eat the food and only wanted the cake, expecially eating the cupcake of PaPa Kory. They all wanted to eat him for some reason. It was a great day and I am glad I got to go even if it was for only a few hours. Will keep you updated and thanks for listening to me. :love4::love4::love4::love4:

-
Back