my new '61 Lancer 770 4dr

-

37fleetwood

Reaction score
A FABO member very recently gave me a 1961 Dodge Lancer 770 4door sedan, for which I am very greatful!
I drove down to San Diego area to pick it up yesterday. I hope to chronicle getting it and getting it running in this thread. here are some of the first photos of it.

here it is before it's first bath at my place:
99l4cn.jpg

107ncr5.jpg

21awd3q.jpg

2mysv0p.jpg

famxj4.jpg

the first wash!
I washed half of the hood and top to show just how dirty it was!
2898qo6.jpg

1z1xqfl.jpg

after the bath!
i24ihd.jpg

2d1qvew.jpg

2vws2v9.jpg

xejud3.jpg

k2ij40.jpg

mkdxyq.jpg

23vdk0i.jpg

200xsw2.jpg

here is what the water and rag looked like after the bath, Wow! that's some serious dirt!
2yujdcz.jpg

A FABO member very recently gave me a 1961 Dodge Lancer 770 4door sedan, for which I am very greatful! Mike drove me down to San Diego area to pick it up yesterday. I hope to chronicle getting it and getting it running in this thread. here are some of the first photos of it.
FIXED IT FOR YA! :thebirdm:

here it is before it's first bath at my place:
99l4cn.jpg

107ncr5.jpg

21awd3q.jpg

2mysv0p.jpg

famxj4.jpg
:cheers::cheers:

Ah the memories. Tearing around the streets of Pittsburgh in one of by best friend's Lancer of the same " vintage ". I could go nuts in your yard. Best of luck.

looks nice and solid,,,,what year is the cornet in the back round ?? 55 or 56 ?? D500?? and nice 60 dodge it looks like seneca ? or phoenix ?

photo's of my 1955 Coronet, 270 Hemi 4bbl, would technically be a D-500.
the '60 Dart is a Phoenix. my Dad has an original '60 Polara D-500 with the long ram induction, he's had it since 1964! the engine has never been out of it.
this is my uncle's yard, my Dad's is more exciting!
55_rt.jpg

55_rear.jpg

55_lt.jpg

Nice collection. It'll be great to see another one on the road again. Cudos to the FABO member who gave it to you. More pics?

Hey, the little Lancer's paint cleaned up nice!
Looks like it's glad someone's paying attention to it again... :love4:

Let's get some of those others back on the road, too!

Nice to see somebody else with a Lancer project. Took me a "few" years to sorta complete mine. Most younger guys don't have a clue as to what it even is. Good luck on your project & if you need any info let me know.

photo's of my 1955 Coronet, 270 Hemi 4bbl, would technically be a D-500.
the '60 Dart is a Phoenix. my Dad has an original '60 Polara D-500 with the long ram induction, he's had it since 1964! the engine has never been out of it.
this is my uncle's yard, my Dad's is more exciting!
55_rt.jpg

55_rear.jpg

55_lt.jpg

IM PRETTY SURE IT WOULD ONLY BE A D500 if it was a 1956 and had a 325 hemi,,,but still a kool body style,, some oen should street rod or sled that coronet,,thanks for the pics

I love your lancer, another FABO member helping someone out! Those cars have the coolest lines, man she cleaned up nice! Does it have a 170 or a 225 in her?

I have the 225 that just came out of my '64 Dart waiting to go in it. I need to change the head so I have the hard seats so I don't burn them up again, other than that, it ran good. thanks again Mikey's Toy for giving me this treasure, it's in such decent condition I feel a bit bad that you couldn't keep it (not so bad that I'm giving it back:-D) if you need anything that I can do, I'm there!

I just acquired the same Lancer, almost the same condition on the outside.
Mine has an aluminum 225 block. Carb was leaking like crazy, ordered new Holly one from JCWhitney, put it in, started right up. I need a replacement emblem for the hood, any ideas where to get one? Also, it had a spare windshield and back glass in the back seat.I'll upload pics this weekend.:salut:

"I need a replacement emblem for the hood, any ideas where to get one?"

Wildcat Mopars of Sandy, OR would probably have one.

-
Back