My new '75 Dart Sport

-

65s

Reaction score
I found it about 6 hours away, dragged it home. The seller didn't think it had a motor/tranny and she said "you could stick a big 427 in it, that's what everyone is doing these days". Turns out there was a motor, but then she wouldn't budge on the price after we found that out! It was her ex's car since 1983, in storage since 1990. She laid claim to it for not paying the storage bill!

Anyhow, it's a 318/904 with A/C, 8-track and fuzzy dash! Yehaww!

Right now we've managed to get it running, but it's a little rough. Initial plans are to put a new rag on top, paint the cowl and fix the brakes and get her running better....

dart_00.jpg

dart_01.jpg

dart_02.jpg

dart_03.jpg

dart_04.jpg

dart_05.jpg

dart_06.jpg

Sweet. I love Dart Sports. Good Find.

Kinda looks like Al Bundy's Dodge...wasn't it a Dart Sport

It's pretty good for a Canadian eastern car. The rear lower quarters and taillight panel have been replaced at some point, but they did a really nice clean job. The trunk pan has some holes and I think the front floor pans aren't the best either. The rockers, fenders, doors etc. are all good.

We're (that's me and my buddy Tom) are putting a few coats of Master Series silver on the roof before adding the new vinyl roof. I considered a paint on product but the vinyl was only $22 (got it on sale) and will look better in the end. I think it might end up being easier to do too, I'll have to wait and see.

Great find 65s!! another ex- wifes car. :tongue9:
Glad you got it in your position :cheers:
enjoy and keep us up dated.:-D

Hey that looks like the VERY rare Dodge Dart "King Pin" package with velour buckets, crushed velvet headliner and dead hooker storage options. :lol:

very complete car. Great find.

Another one saved.
I was lost, but now I'm found............

Does that have the "mystery holes" in the fenders someone else was asking about?
Or am I seeing (remembering) things wrong?

Ya, it's the mystery holes in the fenders car. I was worried there could be someone in the trunk, but all we found after taking the rear seat out and climbing through was a set of wheels, jack, misc parts and some vintage store bags and flyers.

NEIL kool find,just shows there are still some out there to be found,,,hows the 65 comming ??

It's so much fun finding a time capsule like this and getting it running for the first time in years! My '65 is in my garage, with the necessary parts gathering around it. Just need some motivation to take it apart.

NEIL, i hear ya about motivation,between working 12 hour shifts and normal every day junk,,im having a hard time getting things done ive plannrd for either of my hot rods,,were is spring ???

-
Back