My new best friend

-

needsaresto

Reaction score
Cub Cadet snowblower. Lol,I cant friggin shovel for 3 hours like I used to so I broke down and bought this before the snow came. Almost impossible to find one after the snow flies!

Works great,made in the U.S and has a 3 year warantee.

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

Mine was a christmas present to myself about 3 years ago:toothy10:. 10HP and no it's not a Hemi matter a fact it's a flathead.

12.JPG

Good Buy!!!

After shovelling my a$$ off a couple of years ago(210 ft driveway, ~1200 sq foot parking area, 3 long sidewalks, I bought one at Home Despot in an end of the season sale.

Got a ~$800 snowblower for $400, and it's worth every freakin' penny I spent. Had it 3 years now and it is a back/ and probably a life saver. I have to keep a good supply of sheer pins handy, as my driveway is gravel and sometimes a rock jams the blade and snaps a sheer pin, but overall, I love the thing!!!!

Although, I am about to spring for the blade and winter traction kit for my lawn tractor for when the snows are just not deep enough for the snow blower.

FF

Got a snow blower but it doesn't run.I got nowhere to work on it.I get spark but won't fire.Was told by a repair guy that I needed to rebuild it because it had no compression.Am i wrong,if it had spark and it had gas would it not at least fire? He says it won't run because of the low compression,about 20 psi i think he said.Supposed to be 50 psi.I want to take the carb off but nowhere to do it.I got lots of shovels.Funny thing is 2 winters ago it ran fine,wasn't used last winter,gas is ok.

Now that's funny! A picture of a Hemi-powered snow blower posted from ptdartfreak - and he lives in California! Granted, he lives close to Yosemite and may get some snow.

No snow for me in SoCal - it's 79F right now.

Got a snow blower but it doesn't run.I got nowhere to work on it.I get spark but won't fire.Was told by a repair guy that I needed to rebuild it because it had no compression.Am i wrong,if it had spark and it had gas would it not at least fire? He says it won't run because of the low compression,about 20 psi i think he said.Supposed to be 50 psi.I want to take the carb off but nowhere to do it.I got lots of shovels.Funny thing is 2 winters ago it ran fine,wasn't used last winter,gas is ok.

Take the carb off and soak in carbuerator cleaner. You may just have a clogged carb. I can't see how you lost compression just by storing it for a couple seasons.

replace it with a hemi

Take the carb off and soak in carbuerator cleaner. You may just have a clogged carb. I can't see how you lost compression just by storing it for a couple seasons.

Got no real place to work on it but I suppose I could put it in the garage for a short time 1 day when it gets warmer. Woke up this morning and the windchill was -40.I think I'll wait for a better day,but I think you might be right,that was my thinking too. Thx maniac.8)

Cub Cadet snowblower. Lol,I cant friggin shovel for 3 hours like I used to so I broke down and bought this before the snow came. Almost impossible to find one after the snow flies!

Works great,made in the U.S and has a 3 year warantee.

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg
Nice find. That thing should blow some snow. I am trying to make mine last as long as possible.

I choose to get a 440 powered Power Wagon with apower angle plow for $1,700.00. Sit in the cab, turn on the radio and HEATER!

Actually here @ 8,500' I don't use it as much as I thought I would.

You have carbon under the valves ,

Nice find. That thing should blow some snow. I am trying to make mine last as long as possible.

I have one in my garage,its orange and built by ariens, have not used it this season yet,crossing my fingers.

I,ve got a 10.5hp,29 inch cut Sears model.I hve to through it down my driveway twice.(I have no room for snow in my driveway(150ft.long)also attached driveway 1ft. higher than my neighbors.It,s a pain in the..$$ but mine will throw it 40ft.

car pics 66 Dart 015.jpg

Hay DRENO give me the name and size model of you engine
It's posible this guy is going after you, They need oil around the rings to have Compression and a easy fix on the valves, not sealing of :-D

I have an old Toro 421 that was made in 1981. The thing is just plain awesome. I might actually buy a new spark plug for it this year...it still has the original. They don't make 'em as heavy duty anymore...mine has a steel chute and the same drive gear and belt sizes as todays 10hp models with 4hp.

Plus the Tecumseh 4hp engine will run on stale gas just fine too!

Typically if a snow blower doesn't start, it has water in the fuel bowl...pull it off, dump it out, and i bet it will start.

Try removing the sparkplug and splash a little gas in the cylinder . Reinstall plug and try to start. It should probably fire. If it does then get your choke set and try again. Also some machines wont start with throttle wide open --- try about 1/3 open. I have also forgot to open the gas valve at the fuel tank--it happens.

First thing I'd do Dreno is pull the plug and stick your finger over the hole and hit the starter or pull the rope. The compression should try to blow your finger off the hole. Another thing, is your spark should be a good blue color, if not pull the engine end cover (where the rope starter is) and there will be an ignition coil with .010" clearance to a magnetized portion of the flywheel. Also remove the 2 bolts that hold the coil to the engine block and make sure the ends of the bolt/spacer and side of the coil are clean and not rusted. A lousy ground will give a weak spark. I had this problem last week, lousy spark but I had gas and air wouldn't start. Now I got a blue spark and starts on the first pull. (Fried the starter last week, $225 for a new one, not a chance).

Now that's funny! A picture of a Hemi-powered snow blower posted from ptdartfreak - and he lives in California! Granted, he lives close to Yosemite and may get some snow.

No snow for me in SoCal - it's 79F right now.

& none for me . 'Leeward ' of the Rocky Mountain Divide ... P.s.
Zentral Kalifornniah. 58f now.

-
Back