My New FABO Reality Show...Rani, I'ma Callin' You Out!!!

-
If anybody in this challenge needs a little help in the "lens department" I have a nice set of Rallye dash lenses, they are in the "For Sale" section........:glasses7:

Looking good Rani keep up the good work. I think I might be sending you my rallye dash to get redone. I don't think I could get it to look as good as yours.

i am slowly getting rid of the blue interior bocz when i paint the whole car i am changing colors (plus i have a big dis-like for blue)......a dream come true is to have the car Y2 Sunfire yellow (my favorite color) with black interior. i want my car to look somewhat like the pic .....if my car looked like that now i wouldnt get any work done bcoz i would stare at it all day :cheers:[/QUOTE]

Going thru the thread and BAM, there's a picture of my car..lol

Howdy all, cosgig here. I am chiming in to deliver some bad news!! After hours of shooting scenes, editing and voiceovers, the producers at "The Gauntlet" were finally ready to unveil our first ever live video episode of "The Gauntlet". Unfortunately, there is a problem...

See, we did all the work on Nella's school computer, which has iMovie on it to do the editing and special effects. Well, after working so hard on it and getting to the finish line, there was an error in publishing it to youtube, or any other means of uploading it. It seems that there is a error in one of the clips that is keeping it from going through, so we called (yes, called) Apple support and spent almost an hour on the phone trying to find the error.

In the end it was deemed that the error is in one of the clips and the entire project needs to be taken apart piece by piece to find the offending error. AND, if it is a clip that includes some of our actors, it will need to be re-setup and shot again, and all of the details and special effects will have to be readded also, pushing our debut back to who knows when!!

We were so excited to get the project done and share it with all of you, but it seems that my bezels may be done before we have a chance to scrub the entire video!!! Maybe it will be the first clip we try, and I hope it is. Nella and the gang worked so hard on this, and we will get it done, but I just thought I would let y'all know!!

Sorry for the delay, now back to regularly scheduled "static" programming!!! Geof

Howdy all, cosgig here. I am chiming in to deliver some bad news!! After hours of shooting scenes, editing and voiceovers, the producers at "The Gauntlet" were finally ready to unveil our first ever live video episode of "The Gauntlet". Unfortunately, there is a problem...

See, we did all the work on Nella's school computer, which has iMovie on it to do the editing and special effects. Well, after working so hard on it and getting to the finish line, there was an error in publishing it to youtube, or any other means of uploading it. It seems that there is a error in one of the clips that is keeping it from going through, so we called (yes, called) Apple support and spent almost an hour on the phone trying to find the error.

In the end it was deemed that the error is in one of the clips and the entire project needs to be taken apart piece by piece to find the offending error. AND, if it is a clip that includes some of our actors, it will need to be re-setup and shot again, and all of the details and special effects will have to be readded also, pushing our debut back to who knows when!!

We were so excited to get the project done and share it with all of you, but it seems that my bezels may be done before we have a chance to scrub the entire video!!! Maybe it will be the first clip we try, and I hope it is. Nella and the gang worked so hard on this, and we will get it done, but I just thought I would let y'all know!!

Sorry for the delay, now back to regularly scheduled "static" programming!!! Geof

That's OK Geoff. Just give Nella a "HUGE" hug for me! I'm waiting with much anticipation for the show to go on.

Wow am I ever late to this party. And, unfortunately, Steve's giggle berries in a banana hammock.

I think he needs to sign a waiver before Playgirl picks him up for the latest "MoPar Guys in Banana Hammocks" issue hits the stands...

Wow am I ever late to this party. And, unfortunately, Steve's giggle berries in a banana hammock.

i am not even sure what that means ...almost afraid to ask .....but what is with Mr. Steve ? has he been around ?

And Mr. Geof.....i wonder if he bought his 63 dart yet ....

no updates from the contestants.....

and my problem is school keeping me busy.....but this weekend and tomorrow im back in the shop ........i plan to have a significant update by sunday night ........i feel so much pressure when i have a car torn apart nothing worse than a project gone cold .....tik tok tik tok tik tok

I'm here Rani, but I feel like I'm lurking on my own thread here!!!LOL!!

Unfortunately, I'm still stuck in the vendor vortex, and I haven't even heard from GCAR with a final price to give them the OK to do my bezels!! The big WPC swap meet is this weekend, and I have 8 tables there so I have been busying myself with getting stuff ready to take there.

I did bring home a 64 Cuda last weekend, but have not had a chance to do anything with that yet, and coupled with the extreme cold here and now my busy work schedule, I'm on the fast track to nowhere again!!! Actually, I'm just giving you and Steve time to get ahead!! Yea right!!

I haven't lost my motivation to get this project done, and I am secretly steaming about no contact with GCAR yet!! Heck, If I knew it was going to take this long, i would've sent out my extra bezels month's ago!!

I also need to get on the video episode of "The Gauntlet" and find that error so I can publish it and get it linked here, so I have my work cut out for me there also!! Better get busy, nothings getting done sitting here!! Geof

Just a quickie 30-second Phoenix Specialty Coatings remote Gauntlet update from the other part of your Vendor Vortex Geof. :-D

I'm happy to report I've knocked several jobs off my list since getting back out there full time again (post-Billy's mom's move-in disruption), and I finished up three pretty large / detailed ones already this week. Your dash is steadily moving up in line!

But you should know I need to bust out another pair of custom KB Hemis for a guy who's going to MATS; he's my only 'rush' at the moment. Please understand that I can't really keep him waiting ... he KNOWS people, and I'll never have any chance of getting another quasi-televised appearance ever if I don't keep him -- and his friend -- happy.

View attachment Richard's Polara with Jay Leno.jpg

I knew you'd understand. :-D Yeah, they're going to be green to match the Polara.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming .......

Very very cool Leanna! I am sure he will be thoroughly impressed with your work!

very cool indeed!

Oh, I was so hoping someone would get the wrong idea. :-D LOL! It was kinda fun stringing you along for a couple days though, I will admit.

I'm not working for Jay [yet] but my customer IS a good friend of his. Though not a public figure with his own tv show, [ame="http://www.amazon.com/How-Build-Max-Performance-Hemi-Engines/dp/1613250746"]he's a published author[/ame] and runs / owns the FastManEFI dragster. These will be my second set of KBs for him.

We bow in honor of your high mucky muck status, oh Mistress of Metal!! I sure wish you were Jay's personal powder coater, I bet he'd keep you plenty busy. Maybe after he see's these latest valve covers he'll be placing a big order!! Lets pray!! Geof

Any recent updates this weekend?,...gettin dust in our prizes yo...

i am going to steal Mr. Cosgig's idea and im working on a video....in my video i will be talking about what has happened with my build, a detailed tour of Rani's world......so FABO will finally see and hear Rani live and loud from her shop to your PC LOL.

but homework is kinda inhibiting right now. :wack: :toothy9::toothy9:

OK all, minor update here!! I finally received my call from Glenn at GCAR, and have gone over the invoice and paid my deposit. I'm totally stoked to be in forward motion on the list and can't wait to receive them back!!

I also got my heater box rebuild kit at the WPC this past weekend and will be putting that together tomorrow night after supper and kiddy nighty-night. Pics of that will be coming!! So, dust off that trophy Jaimus, Daddy's coming home!!!LOL!! Geof

Just pulled the hubcaps outa the dishwasher,....lets see some pics folks....Will somebody puleeze wake up Johhny....

Just pulled the hubcaps outa the dishwasher,....lets see some pics folks....Will somebody puleeze wake up Johhny....

i better get back into gear .......this means i may need to cut my fabo chat room time down and turn the puter off more and get some real done :razz: [-( :razz:

i better get back into gear .......this means i may need to cut my fabo chat room time down and turn the puter off more and get some real done :razz: [-( :razz:

Yes the pc is a time stealer,...The reason i'm on more is cause I have no heat in the shop and it been 15 degrees outside,...Smashing your finger when It's 15 degrees takes all the fun out of doing,...well,...anything...

Just found this thread last night - it's a cracker - hats off to Geof for starting it and to the 3 contestants for not only a thoroughly entertaining thread, but a good laugh and some technical education.
I am really thrilled as most of the U.S. r34eality shows that are shown Downunder are bloody reruns of past shows and we get 'em long after you blokes have seen 'em.
I'm getting "The Gauntlet" live!!!!!

Looking forward to future episodes.
Gary

Ok folks,...I just flew in from Cancun and boy, are my arms tired,(badoom boom),...figured I'd check in here and all I hear is crickets........Johnny????,,,anybody?????

With you off in Cancun James, the mice were playing, but not getting much done. Johnny is asleep at the podium, waiting for us to make a move.

So, in a minor flurry of activity, I actually blasted and painted my heater box doors and started the rebuild on the heater box. I have the entire seal kit ready to go and was going to spray the adhesive on when... well, the damn furnace went out in the house and I just spent the last hour diagnosing the problem. I am now waiting (8:30 sunday night) for my furnace buddy to call and see if he has a hot surface igniter for me!!

On the plus side, the heat is working great in the garage and it's actually warmer out there than in the house!! Bride not happy, and won't sleep on cardboard no matter how cold she gets inside!! No sense of humor!!

The igniter has been acting up the past couple days, only because I was out of town doing a gig accross the state and wasn't around to go to the supply house when it was open. Yes, I can hear laughing down in the crawl space!!!

I'll finish up the heater box tomorrow and post some progress here. Still in the vendor vortex with my bezels, so the heater box will be a minor victory, but I read that Rani was having furnace problems too, only her furnace was just the opposite, getting too hot and threatening to burn the house down!!! Damn winter anyway!! More later!! Geof

Ungggg,...I feel yer pain bro,...We lost power at the onset of the blizzard 20 hrs before we were headed to Cancun,....Ended up goin to bed and doin snugglebunnies at 7pm,...needless to say we were well rested at daybreak.

Good luck. and ya might think about warmin up Mama before too long...

Already tried that James, not even a furnace on the blink can get her furnace workin!!!LOL!! Geof

-
Back