My New Garage

-
Tony, you are disgusting!!! Is that a bathroom with hot water I saw?? Just kidding, structure is fantastic, yer a lucky guy. Very nice!! Good luck and have fun. Rog

Yup.......gotta have a bathroom and hot & cold water to wash the
"Kids". Can't wait to try the drain in the floor.

Thanks for the update :cheers:
I have been wondering how things are going Tony.
And you got it in the dry and making good time.
Pick a wall and tape off 24"X24" black and white.:-D

Looking good.

pm. on its way.

That looks great! It was good to see all the progress pics. Especially the one with the metal roof, I'm a roofer and do mainly metal roofing, so I was sort of curious which roof you would go with but its good to see you chose it. It will last twice as long as duroids would have, if not longer.

Looks like a nice size ! IMO, Leave out the "flecks" on the floor. I used em for the "terazzo" finish and the floor allways looks "dirty". When I repaint mine I will leave out the flecks and go solid light gray.

Eric

Looks like a nice size ! IMO, Leave out the "flecks" on the floor. I used em for the "terazzo" finish and the floor allways looks "dirty". When I repaint mine I will leave out the flecks and go solid light gray.

Eric

I have decided to leave the "flecks" out. I think I will have some vinyl
logos made and trap them under the clear coat. If I can't put them
under the clear, I will stick them on top and replace them when necessary.

Has anybody tried this before and how did it turn out?

Thanks

Eric

Yeah those flecks make it harder to find things you drop on the floor.

Have any of you installed vinyl logos between the color coat and the clear
coat on your garage floors. It seems like there was a thread on this
but I can't find it. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

I needed a garage built about 12 years ago.I was going to have a 24x30 built everyone wanted 13k to build me one.I built a 24x48 by myself and it cost me 6k..So if your able build it yourself guys do it.
Jim

hey now i didnt see any thing from my guys there ! i work for dig rite ! did you call b4 you dug? lol! looks nice . got room for my car in there ?

Doors are installed:

new243_Small_.jpg

new248_Small_.jpg

new247_Small_.jpg

new246_Small_.jpg

new251_Small_.jpg

Hot & cold running water:

new250_Small_.jpg

The reading room:
It will have a door!

new249_Small_.jpg

Fan for the reading room: ...............not

new244_Small_.jpg

Tony that looks fantastic man. What is the ceiling height? It looks pretty high from here.
I love the reading room, and the hot/cold sink. You don't realize how much you need those things once you start using them.
Congrats on the new "home".

George

Tony, I love this garage thread....What a beautiful place you have there.

Did you use a general contractor or did you sub the build yourself? Also, I like the idea of using block for the lower part of the structure and then wood up from there. Is there a name for this type of build and what is the main purpose of doing it this way vs. all wood...?

Here in Arizona, termites can be a problem and I'm wondering if this type of build would be an alternative and possibly a deterrent for termites?

Thanks for sharing your adventure...:thumrigh:

The ceiling height is 12-1/2 feet. This was to clear the lifts.

The contractor decided to do the blocks at the bottom. I didn't like
the idea at first, but now that it's done I understand what he was doing.

This way I never have to worry about water being a problem destroying
the drywall or wood framing. Also if I bump it with something, it won't
leave a mark. Makes for an easy washdown with the drain in the
floor.

As you can see in the pics, the blocks will be dark grey epoxy with
a light grey epoxy floor. (see around bathroom).

There is a trim piece thar goes all the
way around the bottom of the drywall to hide any rough edges.

I am going to try and paint this trim some shade of red before we put
it on. It is about a 1/2" wide. With the Ultra white walls and the grey
blocks, a nice red pinstripe will set it off.

It's been slow but sure.

BTW the guys building it (Harold and Tom) are good friends of mine.
Harold is a contractor and Tom just likes to build things.

Tony, congrats on the new garage... I finished mine a year ago... Only thing is its too small!!!!!! Its 30' x 40' and a 15' celing height for the lift.. Wish I had made it another 20' long. But too late for that!!! I was going to give you the tip on the sink... You got just what I put in.. Its great to be able to wash to your elbows... Had to make mine all block. Hurricanes here in Florida have cost us all a arm and a leg to meet all the new codes!!! But, what can you say???? I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.... I'm sure you will!!!!! Congrats again... Mack

Exterior Almost Done2.jpg

Done But Floor.jpg

Looking goooood Tony=P~
You have dun a great job and when it comes time for some banners pm me your address, I have a little pull at some dealers here in Arkansas.

Congratulations, Did you pick up a copy of Mopar ENTHUSIAST YET ??
The red stipe will look very cool when you put the trim on.
Very happy for you bud :cheers:

-
Back