My "NEW" Slant Six Motor... (Comments Please!)

-
Neat AC bracket. Looks like someone adapted it. It looks like the common Sanyo compressor would fit. Most hot rodders use that. Look for the "shorty" model, something like "SD5" (forgot). I got one for ~$50 for my Dart. Small and very efficient.

Might start looking for a "mini-starter" from a 1990's Magnum engine for the future. I grab them at junkyards for ~$25 and should fit all Slants and V-8's. 1/2 the size and weight.

Alternator looks like the late 80's early 90's model, common on Dodge trucks. Probably puts out ~100 A. Clever brackets, wonder if any are slant six parts. Hard to appreciate how difficult it is to get everything aligned axially and to find a belt that fits.

The oil filter is similar to the setup on my Mercedes diesels. A real pain to change and if the top O-ring is cocked, oil pours out. Interesting solution to the packaging problem the designers faced.

Nice job! Was the oil pump hard to get? Never seen one of those in the states. I'm surprised they didn't mount the alternator on the LH side like the A100 vans. You're not going to use the hose guard on the front? I see one in the "before" picture but not the "after". Was that a factory piece too?

Motor is in...

I think it turned out pretty good with the contrasting white/black/red... what do you think?

P1020556.jpg

P1020557.jpg

P1020559.jpg

P1020560.jpg

P1020558.jpg

P1020563.jpg

Cant wait to hear the engine :)

Thats a great looking engine, and the car looks like it is coming along too. I think I posted a pic of my slant the last time......so I wont again.
Congrats on the progress!!

I think I would do a brake upgrade and install a front sway bar. I mean really....with all the locals stopping, staring, and gawking at your restored car, it will take all the brakes and handling you can get!

Hey man, that's looking great! You've done a super job on your car. When is the plan to start drive with it?

Hey man, that's looking great! You've done a super job on your car. When is the plan to start drive with it?

Should be able to get the motor started sometime next week. Then its off to wiring shop to rewire the entire car. Lastly will be the interior and new top and the bling-bling. I expect around April 2011 :p

Motor mount on upside down...Thought he did that so it would stand up "straight" on the skid. That remote had me scratching as well as the starter. Thats perty! I just did a 67 but got only as far as painting the pan and the valve cover. Im looking for what that bracket on the '67 valve cover is for, as well as the proper return spring location for a 1920 Automatic carb.

-
Back