My Pro Street Hemi Duster

-

hemiduster

Reaction score
Hey Guys, finally got around to posting some pictures of my HEMIDUSTER :icon_smi:. Just a little background, I bought the Duster when I was 18 (1982) in pieces (motor, tranny out, no seats etc) and over the years got it to the state it is today. The Duster has an orginal 426 HEMI, HEMI 4-speed with the big bad DANA 60. Obviously, I haven't been working on the Duster since 1982 but was able to hold onto it thru my young adulthood, my career, marriage, raising two boys, divorce etc.
Put the motor in the car for the first time in 1995 (the car was black then). I will never forget the first time I heard MY HEMI run and the frist time I drove the Ultimate Warrior. (Wish this site was around back then)
In 2004/05 my sons and I decided that it was time for a change. We decided to go with an original type paint scheme (SUBLIME) and full interior. Here is the somewhat finished product.
This past weekend, I took it to the Mopar show at Big Daddy's with my two sons (16 & 15). This was the first time, the Duster had ever been to a show and in extended public view. The boys and I had an awesome weekend. I left there thanking the man upstairs for holding on to it and never selling it.
It has been a long ride that probaley will never be over as there always seems to be something to improve on. Hope you like it. MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!
FYI, got a 70 Dart for my 16 year old that we are in the process of completing (motor swap (6 to 360), front disc brakes etc). MOPAR and A bodies are in the family!!!!

DSC02103.jpg

DSC02102.jpg

DSC02105.jpg

REAR VIEW.jpg

DSC02144.jpg

I can honestly say thats one of the coolest dusters I have ever seen in my entire life. Its the total package! Too cool!

Yep I am an old fart with an old Dart had it since 74 well im (47, yeah is 14 when I bought the car) and can really appreciate all you went through on that car! Mine was trailer 3 times and 1500 miles against the wife family etc saying to dump it! Cars are forever..

I had mine restored once in 79-80 and it has kinda been sitting since 1990 till last year when I put a 416 stroker small block in it. I am getting real close with the entire power train and the suspension is done too. Once it is running it is paint and interior time.

PS not that I will ever have a the honor of a Hemi Duster I 'm not worthy not worthy!

man that is once darn sweet Duster really love it! So jealous
:icon_smi:

Absolutly Beautiful!! and its every bit of what i would like mine to look like "one day" , By the way where did you get the hood? thats the one i want. lmk.thanks

You've done an excellent job - take a bow, you deserve it!
Daryl

How much do you charge for rides? LOL Are you from the Florida area : since you went to Gainsville? I promise I'll bring a drool towel... That looks like a ultra clean build :D

Your car is a Mopar magazine article just waiting to happen!

Car is done very neatly. Nice work!

I am looking at a 526 aluminum block Hemi for my 1971 Plymouth Duster (Pictured To Left) that I hope to have for the summer of 2008 but really need some tips for installing.

If this all works out, I plan to sell my supercharged 360 (See Photos At Ending Website) for $4,000 complete from "Blow-Through Hat to Oil Pan"

www.thesuperchargerstore.com/Kern%20Pressel.html

I really appreciate all the compliments and will try to answer your questions. The hood came from AAR, they are in Cocoa, Florida and thier number is 321-638-0961. That scoop is thier 1968 A body Hemi scoop.
The back rims are 15 X 12 Weld Aluma Stars, the Summit part# is WLD-788-512278. Hit them up and it will give you the backspacing, I want to say 4" backspacing but I can't remember.
Thanks again, Rob

djwhog, your Dart sounds neat. Post some pics of it when you can, I would love to check it out.

Dave, your welcome, and thanks. That 71 you got looks good from here. I like the stance and obviously the color:wink:.

Now that's how it should be done.
Wow, what a looker, I bet your kids were grinnin ear to ear the whole time.

The back rims are 15 X 12 Weld Aluma Stars, the Summit part# is WLD-788-512278. Hit them up and it will give you the backspacing, I want to say 4" backspacing but I can't remember.
Thanks again, Rob
Thanks for the info, I take it your using a 3" spring relocation kit. what size tires are you running?

Man, I'm gettin' wood looking at that thing. I'll post pics of my 360/414 4spd Duster when it's done.

Hey Guys, finally got around to posting some pictures of my HEMIDUSTER......

Oh...my....GAWD! That is probably one of THE nicest Mopars I've seen. Period.

Where you at in Florida? My sister is in Orlando. I think it's time to visit her and do another A Body member meet & greet like I did in San Francisco 2 weeks ago.

-
Back