My stroker build thread

-
I think his 12.82 was a mis key, his time slip was 11.82

Thanks for catching that. I was out late last night and was typing half awake this morning.

Here is the flow sheet comparing my ootb eddy heads vs the trick flows. Same person same flow bench! You guys tell me? What's it gonna pick up?

I think you'll go high 11.40's

hope to go little quicker then that. I will be doing a high performance rebuild on my trans. I have fiberglass bumpers for front and rear of car with aluminum brackets. I have dropped 58lbs of body fat myself and have a few more small tricks up my sleeve.

Got my Pistons today!

Icon part# IC837KTD.033

They are for 4.375 bore

12CC STEP DISH

Should put me right at 10.5:1 with zero deck, .039 head gasket and 78cc chambers.

Looks good. I used the Diamond shelf pistons in my 470 which have basically the same specs. My engine ended up right at 10.5 or 10.6 for compression. I used an 0.040 Cometic head gasket.

Thanks Andy! What rod bearings would you recommend for street strip? I know the Chevy rod end have allot more selection.

TF%20240%20vs%20OOTB%20Eddy_zpsasbubeqi.jpg

I'm standing up saluting!

With the camshaft testing Andy has been doing I'm wondering what cam you are going to go with?

With the camshaft testing Andy has been doing I'm wondering what cam you are going to go with?

this the cam that i intend to run. Actually pretty mild but I was recommended this cam by a very reputable engine builder.

Brand: Lunati

Manufacturer's Part Number: 40230734

Part Type: Camshafts

Product Line: Lunati Voodoo Camshafts

Summit Racing Part Number: LUN-40230734

UPC: 090127703366

Cam Style: Mechanical roller tappet

Basic Operating RPM Range: 3,200-7,200

Intake Duration at 050 inch Lift: 255

Exhaust Duration at 050 inch Lift: 263

Duration at 050 inch Lift: 255 int./263 exh.

Advertised Intake Duration: 285

Advertised Exhaust Duration: 293

Advertised Duration: 285 int./293 exh.

Intake Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.600 in.

Exhaust Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.600 in.

Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.600 int./0.600 exh.

Lobe Separation (degrees): 110

Camshaft Gear Attachment: 3-bolt

Intake Valve Lash: 0.016 in.

Exhaust Valve Lash: 0.016 in.

Computer-Controlled Compatible: No

Valve Springs Required: Yes

Quantity: Sold individually.

In-Store Pickup: Choose In-store pick-up (OH, GA, NV) on our web site.

Unless you're a witch doctor, choosing the correct cam can be a nightmare. These Voodoo cams from Lunati are the answer! The gurus at Lunati have taken cam design to another dimension with profiles never before utilized in cams. Only the world's best profiles are included in this line, making cam selection an easy choice. Voodoo incorporates 30 years of cam design experience with more recent developments in profiles, geometry, and tolerances to deliver some of the most aggressive ramp profiles ever used in cams. Asymmetrical lobe designs with slower closing sides set the valve down easy to reduce noise and premature failure of the valvetrain. These cams deliver more "area under the curve," meaning more throttle response, quicker acceleration, more vacuum, and better efficiency, combined with maximum horsepower and torque.

I'd say that should pull pretty good with those heads, and work with ur converter and tires. I would think it would have had a touch more lift

let us know what the builder thinks of that crank. I am about to buy one and it sure would be nice if the say it was good and require little to no work

let us know what the builder thinks of that crank. I am about to buy one and it sure would be nice if the say it was good and require little to no work

the guy that started Molnar was the lead engineer over at Callies for a long time (over 30 yrs). when i ordered my crank i spoke with him on the phone first. He told me that the cranks are machined here in the US and that they are within .001 tolerances and if it need ANY machine work what so ever to send it back and they will replace it. I do not have the tools to measure it correctly but I am very confident in the quality. I have heard great things about this company and will be happy to report back with feed back from my machinist.

I'd say that should pull pretty good with those heads, and work with ur converter and tires. I would think it would have had a touch more lift

I am trying to keep the build as simple and mild as possible. it is still going to be a street car. I think 600hp should come pretty easily and that will be enough to get me into the low 10's like i want.

I used a Molnar crank in a 572 Hemi build, fine crank and needed no corrections. The Molnar rods I've used were the best prepped rods I've seen. I'd buy Molnar products in a heartbeat.

I used a Molnar crank in a 572 Hemi build, fine crank and needed no corrections. The Molnar rods I've used were the best prepped rods I've seen. I'd buy Molnar products in a heartbeat.

THANK YOU FOR THE FEEDBACK! After we spoke on the phone about Molnar I ordered it. I trust your opinion more then most.

Cool news that is who i was going to get my crank and rods from. He is a great guy to talk on the phone with.
Young did you get the crank staight from him or a vendor?

-
Back