Name that fastener!

-

Dart Lady

Reaction score
Anybody know what these fasteners are called, the ones holding the metal strip in place? I learned somewhere that you remove them by shoving a flathead screwdriver in between the two pieces. That causes the clip to pop open, but it breaks in the process. I want to take this strip off because the old headliner is glued in there, and I need to clean it off. But if I can't replace those clips, I'm kind of sunk. Now I can't find where I read how to remove them, because that thread probably talks about what they are called, and I've skimmed hundreds of photos of clips without any luck.

Help!

306989_10150353438946550_689216549_10214036_8272133_n.jpg

twist them 90*.....not sure the proper name for them but looking in the jeff foxworthy dictionary I came up with..... themclippythingiesthatifyastickascrewdriverinemthemsuckersbreakbutifyatwistem90*the pieceofmetalyawantinyourhandscomesoffandcanalsobeputbackonwithoutanysparepartstoholdtheheadlinerinclip...whew that word is one long sucker. I hope I spelled it right?????

Waggin, whew! Is that a technical term?

I tried twisting them, and I couldn't get them to budge. Maybe I'm just not strong enough. I'll give it another try, or else make my husband give it a try.

It might be better to just try to clean without taking them down.

What about RT Specialties or, better yet, Mr. G's fasteners? They have everything ... including a huge online catalog that can give you a headache looking for exactly what you need. But they probably have it.

http://www.mrgusa.com/

Great work so far Dart Lady! I can tell you're having fun amidst the frustration. :-D

-
Back