Near Charlotte/Concord, NC? Maybe You Can Help Me Out

-

ronlyn426

Former B Body Guy
Reaction score
Right, I acquired my first A body last year. I saw the ad on carsonline.com. The car looked pretty nice and I thought the price was reasonable so I called. The car was in Minnesota and the seller was nice enough but he was frustrated with people calling who weren't serious about buying the car. He said he was going to pull the ad off the site. I told him I was serious enough to fly out and look at it. My son and I went to check it out and we thought it was worth the price. The seller bought it in 2014. I asked questions but the guy didn't have any answers beyond the changes he made. I knew it was originally a six cylinder car and it received a '69 340 at some point. I asked for engine and trans details but he couldn't give me any. I asked if I could have the name of the previous owner. He didn't know because he bought the car from a consignment dealer. Okay, dealers name? Streetside Classics, Concord, NC. Wait! What? I live near Concord. The guy lowered his asking price, the car was solid, ran good, no smoke, has a lumpy cam, goes down the road good so I said I'd buy it. If any of you members from the Charlotte area know something about the cars history, who built it, where it was built, what all was done to the engine and trans etc. please let me know. I've included pictures of the way the car looked when I bought it.

Thanks in advance, Ron
72dodge100029-1.jpg
72dodge100029-2.jpg
72dodge100029-3.jpg
72dodge100029-5.jpg
72dodge100029-6.jpg

Last edited:
I think Replicaracer is from Concord or near there. Just off the top of my head so could be wrong.

I am in Concord, but I dont think I have ever seen that car. There WAS one very similar in the kannapolis area about 20 years ago, could be the same car but I dont know for sure.

I am in Concord, but I dont think I have ever seen that car. There WAS one very similar in the kannapolis area about 20 years ago, could be the same car but I dont know for sure.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize when go-fish replied, that he was referring to a member. The car could be close to 20 years old...I just don't know. I'll sure I'll discover things as I go. Meantime, I'll be enjoying the ride. Anyway, I really appreciate the help. Thanks guys.

-
Back