-
Status
Not open for further replies.

73_Dart

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Hello, I am doing a swap from a slant six to a 318 and I need a y-pipe to finish the exhaust. I have stock manifolds. It is in a 1973 Dodge Dart Swinger. Please tell me a price and shipping to 26159.
Thank You.

I have most of the exhaust on the car. It was already split into duals from the slant manifold. I am gonna run it into a y-pipe from the stock manifolds and then break off into duals. I didnt know how it would sound with each manifold having a set of pipes without having an x-pipe or h-pipe in it. So i figured I would just do it this way unless someone convinces me otherwise. Im new to mopars so i dont know the best way to do things.

I had the same setup on my 74 Plymouth Valiant. Almost stock 318 with manifolds and stock head pipes to a y-pipe to 2-1/2" single pipe to the rear axle, then 3" after the axle out the back. Sounded awesome. I bought mine from Flowmaster through Summit for like $30.

I just re-read your post. I'm not sure if I would bother splitting back to dual exhaust after the Y-pipe. A single large pipe or true dual would probably work better, but I understand working with what you have.
Good luck.

This is sort of an example of what I have from remaining exhaust. Not very good, but I dont have a actual picture of it.

no pipe here l------muffler----------
Front right begind motor -------------l------muffler----------

Where the l goes across is where there is a pipe that connects the 2 pipes

Do you guys think I should just change it to this with no x or h pipe or should i have an pipe to join them?

pass manifold----------------muffler-----------
driver manifold---------------muffler-----------

or should I do it like this:

Pass manifold--------l no pipe here l--------muffler-------
driver manifold-------l-------------l-------muffler-------

Sorry if this doesnt help you guys visualize I will draw something and take a picture of it and show you guys my ideas that way.

Factory had no h or x pipe just duals so dont worry about it.

So you think the #2 drawing i did is the best way to go right now?
I dont want anything that will sound bad.

Does anyone have the pipes, or know where to get them, to just have each manifold have a pipe coming down and straight back. I cant seem to find them.
I think im going with true duals all the way with no pipe in between but need to find pipes that hook to the manifolds.

TTi makes/sells down pipes for manifolds, but they are $$$ IIRC. Maybe try calling Pypes or Flowmaster?

If that doesn't pan out, a decent exahust shop can do it and sometimes they're negotiable if work is slow.

Thanks for the info.
My dad got ahold of a shop and they said they will give me a price when its done. I cant do that because this has already broke my bank pretty much, because i spent a little extra and bought a whole parts car. So I am gonna get ahold of a few more places and see what they can do for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back