Need brake line help

-

wirenut

Reaction score
Hi all I have a 440/727 A bodie race car. The right front brake line runs across the firewall. The track tech wats e to reroute it out of the path of an exploding flywheel as per the rules. any ideas on re routing or protecting? Running it throught the car looks like it might be an option

cover/hide existing line.... route decoy line up high on firewall right where they want to see it.

I am running mine inside the car via a bulkhead connector and then under the dash.

On the Sox&Martin 68 Cuda it was run to the front of the lower radiator support over to the right wheel side.

I am running mine inside the car via a bulkhead connector and then under the dash.

This is a possibility. I think the k member route would be best but I don't want to pull the engine.

On the Sox&Martin 68 Cuda it was run to the front of the lower radiator support over to the right wheel side.

Its a toss up between this and running inside the car.

I'd call Glendora and ask the tech guys there. Get a letter if they say you don't need to move the line.

I've never moved that line on a mopar auto car. It's another of those blanket rule application that doesn't apply to some stuff. When have you ever seen a mopar flexplate explode?

I'd call Glendora and ask the tech guys there. Get a letter if they say you don't need to move the line.

I've never moved that line on a mopar auto car. It's another of those blanket rule application that doesn't apply to some stuff. When have you ever seen a mopar flexplate explode?

Glendora?

Just run a bolt on flexplate/flywheel shield, and they shouldn't make you touch the brake line. you can buy one for around $60 and it should fit without issue since it only covers the "flywheel" area and not the whole trans case.

I think it's pretty stupid for them to ask you to move it, but they are not going to back up now.

Just run a bolt on flexplate/flywheel shield, and they shouldn't make you touch the brake line. you can buy one for around $60 and it should fit without issue since it only covers the "flywheel" area and not the whole trans case.

I think it's pretty stupid for them to ask you to move it, but they are not going to back up now.

I "think" you can also just encase the line in steel tubing where it runs. It shouldn;t be a problem to move it to the K frame or forward - that's where the trucks have them.

Ended up running the line around the front of the k, used that copper nickel stuff. Came out great , and made the tech guy happy.
Thanks for all the input........ (that's what she said)

Ended up running the line around the front of the k, used that copper nickel stuff. Came out great , and made the tech guy happy.
Thanks for all the input........ (that's what she said)

I have to do this to my 73 duster. do you guys have any pics showing how you ran it? luvky for me mine engine has not been installed yet.

I have to do this to my 73 duster. do you guys have any pics showing how you ran it? luvky for me mine engine has not been installed yet.

I don't have any pics but was pretty simple . It will run out from the junction area (mine was the stock portioning block) and run along the inside of the frame behind the steering box then dive down to the k and run right on top of the lip of the k to the other side and back along the frame. I used stock line section that wraped around the bottom of the frame nicely and just rebent it to run forward. Flared it and joined it with the new piece at the frame and next to the k

I call bs on that tech-would have got another opinion, another tech power tripping-the tech at our track was after us all season last year to use s.f.i. spec foam on the roll cage and ever time he said i asked him when was the last time he read the rule book.our car ran 10.50's dont need s.f.i. foam till under 9.99 . Always carry a rule book.

Wirenut-what time do u run??? Doesnt your trany blanket/sheild take care of that????

Wirenut-what time do u run??? Doesnt your trany blanket/sheild take care of that????

10.50ish. It has a shield over the body of the tranz but nothing around the converter area.
I agree they (all 3 techs) may be wrong but at some point Im the one that will be turned away, and moving the line was cheap and easy.

ok we have factory lines that run along the firewall but have a c.s.r. full trany sheild-Steve

-
Back