[Found!] Need Help finding a part. Mounting bracket for 1967 Dodge Dart Convertible top cylinder pilot bracket.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clinton Short

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
The passenger side bracket of this piece is broken. This is the bracket that holds the cylinder in place while allowing it to pivot when using the convertible top. The pilot bolt broke off and is missing (Unknown location, cannot find it anywhere in the seat well). Where can I get a replacement? I cannot find it on search, and I am unaware of its exact name

348358029_790248682746569_8437429517651848458_n.jpg

348358059_1210717616295023_5675541806741769586_n.jpg

Do you still have the stamped steel portion of the bracket? The pivot stud can be made pretty easily if you have a lathe...

I can make it but I'm in Modesto... (no email address in public forums)is in Sacramento, has a lathe & might have a few minutes to whip something up... If not I can make it happen then you'll need to tack weld it to the bracket..

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you still have the stamped steel portion of the bracket? The pivot stud can be made pretty easily if you have a lathe...

I can make it but I'm in Modesto... (no email address in public forums)is in Sacramento, has a lathe & might have a few minutes to whip something up... If not I can make it happen then you'll need to tack weld it to the bracket..
I do. I just lost the pivot stud (well it wasn't there or anywhere in the car when I removed the seat)

I don't have a tach welder

16853794830056933982042248798418.jpg

Dumb question...

It's not still attached to the ram is it?

And you have the other side as a template if you need to make one

Dumb question...

Dumb question...

Ummm. I'm just a little Ole IT worker who is getting his hands dirty lol. Here is pic of both sides whereas the one with the pin (read of pic) is from driver side and what it should look like

16853794830056933982042248798418.jpg

Ummm. I'm just a little Ole IT worker who is getting his hands dirty lol. Here is pic of both sides whereas the one with the pin (read of pic) is from driver side and what it should look like
What I mean is if you can not get a replacement part. Take your good part and your broken part to a machine shop and have them fix the broken one.

And have you looked at the ram end?

The pin is held on with some sort of device. My top is down or I would get you a photo

What I mean is if you can not get a replacement part. Take your good part and your broken part to a machine shop and have them fix the broken one.

And have you looked at the ram end?

The pin is held on with some sort of device. My top is down or I would get you a photo
It is welded to the part from the looks of it

That missing stud is similar to the studs that the hood hinges hang on. I was missing one (for the hood hinge) on my convertible. I used a pin bought from Home Depot, cut it off and welded it in place. I may or may not have an extra or two, but right now with three cars (all convertibles) apart I don't know what's extra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back