Need help with column shift to floor shift conversion

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I went to visit "nite moves" and give him a hand doing a swap from column shift automatic to floor shift automatic. Tranny currently in car is 904. He also has another 904 that we were looking at to try and figure this puzzle out. Edd has most of the pieces, but we think maybe some of them are 727 pieces. I have done a conversion about 20 years ago and it went very smoothly. I will itemize the questions to make it easier.

1. previous owner of car installed a 4spd hump, will the hump be in the way of us installing a factory auto console?
2. If memory serves me correct 904 and 727 linkage pieces are different right?? We looked thru my parts manual and it lists 3 different part #'s for the main vertical rod. (#17 in the pic).
3. Also #19a in the pic is different than what Ed has, his is mounted onto a "recessed flange" in the tranny and the bolt runs down from the top.
4. Also if you look at #21, the one Ed has is different, it has a 90* bend in it with a spring right by the adjusting block. Its got us confused all to heck.Sorry I dont have pics to post, I left my camera at home. As soon as Ed gets pics either I or he will post them. Can anyone offer advice/help, or a big glass of sanity?? Oh anyone know where there is 904 linkage for floor shift to be found??

Thanks
4spdragtop

Maybe when the photos are posted we can help. Post the year and model of the vehicle too.

Yes you are correct. Problem is 19A i dont have and if i did theres no spot to bolt it too. IE 2holes?????????

So did you see my post over there? I believe you are missing the correct tail shaft housing, which has the holes for that bracket.

Maybe when the photos are posted we can help. Post the year and model of the vehicle too.

Hey thanks Mark and 67dart273, the car is a 67 dart, not sure of year of tranny though. Nite moves is right,19a is totally different and I we couldnt see anywhere a "2bolt" bracket would mount to. I'll try and harass "nite moves" for pics LOL :poke:

-
Back