Need Help!!

-

Austinr7

Reaction score
I have a 1968 plymouth barracuda. 318. Manual brakes. I put a new master cylinder on. Bench bled it before install. New brake lines. Tried bleeding and broke bleeder. Installed new brake cylinder on right rear. No fluid at all checked other side nothing. Check front just for the hell of it and have perfect fluid bled perfect. Let gravity feed over night and nothing. Used a vacuum and got some fluid barely any. Pulled off brake line and had perfect fluid coming out of line. Installed line and tried to bleed by pumping and vacuum and nothing. Any ideas? Does have one new and one older wheel cylinder on rear. In need of desperate help!!

A little hint for ya. Using a thread title "help" or "HELP HELP" or EMERGENCY NEED HELP is not the way to ingratiate yourself. Think a bit. What is your question about? Brakes? Fine. How 'about "need help with brakes" How 'bout "broke brake bleeder"

Frankly it might be about as cheap to just buy a new cylinder as try and fix it. Some of the parts stores do have bleeder repair devices, but they generally require drilling and tapping and so on. Only other advice is get the cylinder out where you can deal with it, and see if you can extract it from there

Edit..........maybe I misread..........you now have the bleeder fixed? But you cannot bleed it?

First thing I'd do is make certain you have the correct master. Remove it and measure to be sure the rod socket in the master piston is the same depth. Maybe re- bleed "bench bleed." Do you have ANY kind of pedal yet?

A little hint for ya. Using a thread title "help" or "HELP HELP" or EMERGENCY NEED HELP is not the way to ingratiate yourself. Think a bit. What is your question about? Brakes? Fine. How 'about "need help with brakes" How 'bout "broke brake bleeder"

Frankly it might be about as cheap to just buy a new cylinder as try and fix it. Some of the parts stores do have bleeder repair devices, but they generally require drilling and tapping and so on. Only other advice is get the cylinder out where you can deal with it, and see if you can extract it from there
Okay sorry about that. So one side does have a new master cylinder and bleeder on it RR and on LR it has the old wheel cylinder, but i have no fluid

Edit..........maybe I misread..........you now have the bleeder fixed? But you cannot bleed it?

First thing I'd do is make certain you have the correct master. Remove it and measure to be sure the rod socket in the master piston is the same depth. Maybe re- bleed "bench bleed." Do you have ANY kind of pedal yet?
I do have pedal but its for the front brakes and hace none for the rear. That was my next thing i was going to was pull master back out and check it and bench bleed it again

The rubber brake line that goes to the junction block on the rear end will age and swell together preventing fluid flow to the rear brake cylinders, I've ran across this several times on old cars. This is the rubber line that runs from the body to the rear axle, they will look good on the outside and be swelled together on the inside. I would check this first. Welcome from Kentucky! :welcome:

The rubber brake line that goes to the junction block on the rear end will age and swell together preventing fluid flow to the rear brake cylinders, I've ran across this several times on old cars. This is the rubber line that runs from the body to the rear axle, they will look good on the outside and be swelled together on the inside. I would check this first. Welcome from Kentucky! :welcome:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ , or where you have the rear brake line hooked up to the dist block /up front .

I'd suspect the hose, like Mitch said in post #5.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks everyone! Gonna get a new hose and try that first if that dont work gonna check master cylinder

-
Back