need thermoquad help

-

65dart360

Reaction score
I am trying to get my car going tonight so i can cruise with some buddies tomorrow but i'm have carb problems. I just rebuilt my thermoquad but must have something out of adjustment it wont idle at all but will run when giving it throttle please let me know what i screwed up and i have no vaccum leaks thanks guys

could it be the metering rod out of adjustment i'm not sure how to adjust that

OK, this may sound stupid but, is the idle screw turned In Enough to open the primary butterflies enough to allow the engine to idle?

Did you read the Thermoquad sticky above? Unfortunately, StrokerScamp couldn't control his mouth and got banned for flaming once too many times. You can find him on other sites though.

Make sure your idle mixture and speed screws are at a baseline. Look down the carb throats when the engine is running and see if gas is dripping from the boosters, if so you left out the o-rings in the jet wells or the floats are set too high or there is junk in your needles/seats.

The step up tree can be adjusted by that little central screw, that mostly controls idle mixture. The 2 O-rings that go on the bottom of the plastic casting prior to bolting the bottom on are often overlooked and are problematic on older TQ's. Warped body can cause strange behavior...Float levels will cause a rich or flooded condition. They are cantankerous at times but work great when they....work. remove the idle screws and shoot some gumout in the holes, bottom gently and take out 1.75 turns each. Get some sort of benchmark and start tweaking.

-
Back