NEW 2015 Challenger

-
This thread should be closed or cleaned up. Sounds like a lot of upset people because they can't afford a new Challenger

Amen brother!
Lots of whiny jerks that have nothing positive to add. Sucks to be them. Sucks worse to know them.

My thoughts exactly. Like stink on $hit. Joe. We all know you can't stand the new Fiat's. You are very welcome to have your own opinion, that is what makes freedom of speech such a beautiful thing. However. Maybe we should sticky "New Fiat Haters Post Here" That way those of us who actually appreciate what Fiat is building can talk about it? Instead of every single damn thread related to new Challengers and Chargers turning in to you and your Fiat haters whipping posts??? What ya think??? Food for thought.......

Amen

Thank god others feel the same. New material??? Seriously? You cant even open a discussion thread where he hasnt called a late model chrysler a "fat pig" proclaims "chrysler is dead" or some combination of fiat, chrysler, and the word apologist (on this page probably 4 times alone) maybe they need a mod over at www.chryslersux.overopinionated.theadjacker//$supertrool.com

LMAO

actually guys if you go back and read this thread(yea i know tough task) no where did i bring up the same old issues with the challenger. they are still there and i think everyone by now knows the short comings but i didn't bring those up..:)

this thread was about the changes on the new car. all i did was post what i didn't like about the changes.. see below..:) someone then brought up the new charger. i stated my opinion that it looks like a bloated dart now. which in reality it does.. then someone asked how i would have built a new challenger and i answered...

oh man. not enough changes and the changes they did make are not so hot.

the grille can be ok looking but i need to see it in person. haven't liked that stupid looking cattle catcher thing up front since they went to it. and the tail lights are hideous.

don't like the dash at all but at least its different then a charger/magnum of the past. i kinda like the console but not sure about the size and location of those cup holders. the dash area needs more easy open storage too. that was a big thing that i didn't like about our magnum. it was a good road car (when it wasn't at the dealer for a botched repair) but just didn't have enough open storage around the front seat area for me.

the car really needs a makeover too. its styling is dated at this point. not liking the new stripes they are using either

Chrysler is dead.

Yes, Walter P. Chrysler left us a long, long time ago.

The auto industry is a tough place to be, especially for a 2nd tier automater but change is risky, staying the same is certain doom.

From day 1, Chrysler seems to have been willing to take risks and they have come up with many innovations, and not always fairly rewarded them. Because of this, they have changed directions many times... Whatever you think Chrysler is, you probably have a certain era in mind...because there have been several radical direction changes in the past century.

Most recently, Chrysler was quite nearly dead when the DCX takeover happened...they picked up some MB tech (LX platform, etc) and offered just enough to not fade away completely. They were even worse off when Cerberus took them over...but pulled through, mostly on the strength of Jeep and Ram but they were circling the drain once again.

Now, Fiat is in charge and they're making an actual go of it. They're allowing Chrysler to celebrate its heritage while offering new stuff at the same time. ( Check out the inside of the new 200's console compartment when you get a chance... :cool: )

I really don't know what you guys think they should be doing right now but the turn-around has been a very positive thing for those of us who want to live in a world where there are new Chryslers on the road.

Yes, Walter P. Chrysler left us a long, long time ago.

The auto industry is a tough place to be, especially for a 2nd tier automater but change is risky, staying the same is certain doom.

From day 1, Chrysler seems to have been willing to take risks and they have come up with many innovations, and not always fairly rewarded them. Because of this, they have changed directions many times... Whatever you think Chrysler is, you probably have a certain era in mind...because there have been several radical direction changes in the past century.

Most recently, Chrysler was quite nearly dead when the DCX takeover happened...they picked up some MB tech (LX platform, etc) and offered just enough to not fade away completely. They were even worse off when Cerberus took them over...but pulled through, mostly on the strength of Jeep and Ram but they were circling the drain once again.

Now, Fiat is in charge and they're making an actual go of it. They're allowing Chrysler to celebrate its heritage while offering new stuff at the same time. ( Check out the inside of the new 200's console compartment when you get a chance... :cool: )

I really don't know what you guys think they should be doing right now but the turn-around has been a very positive thing for those of us who want to live in a world where there are new Chryslers on the road.

I couldn't agree more! Although Chrysler Corp. was forced to take MBs old tech at a very high cost to Chrysler. The Daimler-Benz takeover of Chrysler should not have been allowed to happen! Daimler effectively raped Chrysler Corp across many fronts then dumped off what was left to Cerberus. They are the real reason for Chryslers last decade of problems. Ma Mopar was doing very well in the 90's before the "Merger of Equals" with plenty of cash flow. We would still have the real Chrysler Corp. around today if the merger never happened. Allpar.com has several good articles on the topic!

I love it when someone post something looking for opinions and is mad/upset/flabbergasted when everyone doesn't agree with them....especially on something like the bloated, too expensive barge like the new chally...

The market sales figures are out..sales of this rig are down 24% over last year..here is last year sales..

2013 Muscle Car Sales
Camaro - 80,567
Mustang - 77,186
Challenger - 51,462

I love it when someone post something looking for opinions and is mad/upset/flabbergasted when everyone doesn't agree with them....especially on something like the bloated, too expensive barge like the new chally...

The market sales figures are out..sales of this rig are down 24% over last year..here is last year sales..

2013 Muscle Car Sales
Camaro - 80,567
Mustang - 77,186
Challenger - 51,462

Because your 2005 Mustang is better? All you talk about is your Mustang in every one of these threads. Sorry to say but I had a 2006 Mustang GT and it isn't a better car. Maybe the new ones are. BTW you are the one that gets upset when not everyone agrees that your Mustang is the best otherwise you wouldn't be posting in EVERY Challenger/Charger thread.

Take a look at the numbers buddy....the chebby is winning the battle of the sales..not the Mustang..

If I talked about my Mustang all the time you would know the correct year...I guess reading in not a big thing for you..you should also know I own 2 mopars..

I offer a different opinion. So sue me. What I do say is that the mustang offers up a model for most everybody's checkbook..from 6 to 8 cylinders and a 'vert...from the really affordable to the very, very expensive..

The Chally does not do that so regardless of how good the chally is, it losses....and with sales dropping, how long will it be before it gets will discontinued ...again.....

First up, the car is NOT a Chally. Anyone that uses that reference is as silly as a person using Dizzy and Dippy. I half expect them to call their car a Valley or New Yorkie.
Second, it wasn't just the OP that had a problem with the bitching about the
C H A L L E N G E R. It was a few others as well. I for one am fully aware of the "Mopar" guys that have no love for the new stuff. I'm okay with that but whay do you/they jump in and pound the keyboard to piss all over something that others are excited about? Your complaints will not make anyone respect you more. Your gripes will not change the car. You only come across as a whiner.
I wasn't happy when the Charger returned as a 4 door but I would have never thought to get online to complain about it. Social media sites like Facebook, My Space, etc have made so many people feel that their opinions are important. I'll bet that this same mentality has affected people here too.

Upvote for abodyjoe ---- the truth will set you free baby!

The Challenger in it's current configuration has run it's course and should be replaced by something like the forthcoming Alfa RWD chassis - the reality is that the EPA has mandated fuel economy standards that will wipe out cars like the Challenger - V-8 RWD large cars - by 2020 or earlier. Ford and GM are already executing plans to go to lighter, smaller cars with smaller powerplants, to include the Mustang, Camaro, Corvette, etc. within the next 5 years.

The truth about Fiat ...who OWNS the Chrysler name ....

Excerpt: " ...Dodge will be formally turned into the nostalgia-rod brand, because even though it’s a niche that’s declining with the aging enthusiasts who desire that kind of product, it’s at least a niche that is easily defined..."

Summary of changes announced Monday 5-5-2014 for Fiat - Chrysler:

Editor-in-Chief's Note: The high hard ones from the SergioFest? Dodge will be the performance division (duh) and Viper will go back to being called the Dodge Viper; Sergio will keep milking Ram trucks and Jeeps for all they're worth (double-duh); and he's going all-in on Chrysler adding more models in a bid to run with Ford and Chevrolet in the U.S. market.

And Fiat is going to be great and desirable, just you wait. At least that's what Olivier "I'm a genius, just ask me" Francois added to the proceedings. Sure it will.

And then, being Sergio, he had to set the tone for the proceedings with a quote suggesting that he has it all figured out and that they got it goin' on, or something like that: “The history of the auto industry is littered with alliances that have failed,” The Great Sergio said. But over the last five years, Fiat and Chrysler have arrived at having “the strongest bond possible. It is made up, as a team, by survivors. They carry the humility of having failed” in the past.

Really? That's all you got, Marchionne? I say speak for yourself, because lumping-in the True Believers at Chrysler who were repeatedly terrorized by bad management takeovers with the abject and relentless failure of Fiat - one of the most underachieving automobile companies of all time - is a complete disservice and an offensive insult to the people who made you look like a frickin' genius.

But then again it's par for the course, because in the end it's all about Sergio and his warped view of the world, and don't you ever forget it. Pathetic.

Read more at the link provided below:

http://www.autoextremist.com/

My 2011 RT 6 spd super track pack challenger was not nearly as exciting to drive as I expected. After seeing the prototype Challenger at the Mopar Nats in 2006? I promised myself I would find the way to own one. I ended up leasing mine for like $500+ a month. What a let down. I was doing 120mph on the freeway thinking I was doing 80. I decided I liked pulling up to a stop with the car shaking going thumpety thump instead of hearing nothing as if I was sitting in any new car. My Challenger was "Numb" so I traded it for a 2dr Wrangler which I have been modding and liking. In the meantime I just started daily driving my 416 equipped Formula S to work again this week and remember why I will never again buy a new performance car. No matter the manufacturer. They may be fast but they are too safe and isolated to enjoy now. If you live down south and the Challenger is your only car that is the only reason I could see buying one. It is a comfortable car to travel in long distances and it is nice having air conditioning on the hot days.

Attachments

• 044.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 104
-
Back