New 440 installed with an Alterkation

-

Relax360

Reaction score
Just finished installing a 440 in my 67 Barracuda with and Alterkation. Was one of the easiest installs ever here are a few shot if your thinking about an Alterkation

Attachments

• final assembly 001.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 906
  • final assembly 002.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 881
  • final assembly 003.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 902
looks great, i ordered mine yesterday should get it 2 or 3 weeks. are those tti headers? i am also going with big block (440). 1971 duster....

Looks almost roomy in there. A 383 might give another 1" on each side. How much weight does the aluminum headers, water pump, and intake save? I would guess 150 lb and put it close to a stock SB.

Looks like front drum brakes, since no booster. I am guessing manual steering is all that clears the headers, and keeps things simple. Not a car a little girl could handle.

Will be nice to see the carb installed and if it clears the hood or you need a hole. That engine and intake is tall.

Yup TTI headers. With all the aluminum parts we figured we saved over 200 pounds off the front of the car. Also have wilwood disc brakes. With power steering should be fun to drive.

Any bottom view pics?What kind of header and starter room do you have?The torsion bars are gone with this set up right?

Thannks,Jim

Now this is a smart guy.They bolt up nice-run down the road nice,I am sure you will be happy with the results.

Any bottom view pics?What kind of header and starter room do you have?The torsion bars are gone with this set up right?

Thannks,Jim

tons of room for headers and starter.

looks great man. wait till you drive it. your gonna be amazed how that baby steers

Looks nice, think you might want to add a carb to the motor. ;)

I really like the Alter-K-tion, has a great rep that is well deserved, only with I could afford one. :(

Looks really nice, keep the pics coming.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

I have a few shots from under the car just out of town right now. Yes torsion bars are gone and tons of room for headers and starter.

Few lil things i learned.

We dropped the engine and headers in first before the trans. you will have to at least loosen the header to get a 727 past them.

We had to hammer the header tubes a lil bit to get the steering shaft clearance we needed. I will post more pics when I get back.

more pictures

Attachments

• final assembly 008.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 630
  • final assembly 009.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 643
Those look like some nice upgrades.

On the gear vendor I had to modify and lower my trans mount about 3/4" to get the gear vendor to fit in the tunnel. Kind of looks like you may have same problem.

Looks like you need to go from Relax360 to Nervous440. lol Great stuff.

shaved firewall <3 Looks great. I just wish they were cheaper and more affordable but thats always a debate so hopefully that comment doesnt turn into something controversial lol.

Those headers look really low, how much ground clearance do you have on them? Any pic's?

you will love the Gear Vendor OD.....I can cruise in 4th gear around 55-60mph on the 2-laners...then flip on the overdrive and cruise 70 to 75 both at around 2100 RPM...and thats with a 4.30 gear (30" tall rear tire)

I slightly altered/enlarged the tunnel for the gear vendor so I wouldn't have to drop the tail and thereby keep everything tucked up....and the driveshaft at the stock angle with no pinion angle change on the rear end.....might give it some consideration

1439.jpg

Looks Great! is that overdrive on trans? I'm running 4.30 gears and would like to stick a overdrive on my 727. Is this possible?

is that a Gregs Rear End?......if it is , better have it checked BEFORE you button everything up

I put one of his (truck Danas) rears in a friends car.....the gears and posi unit were total junk...less than 500 miles on em' and both needed replaced. I would warn anyone considering doing business with him ....STAY FAR AWAY

-
Back