New Barracuda Confirmed by Gilles!

-

KosmicKuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Also heard the new SuperCharged 6.2 HEMI is a go.
500+ HP!
Code named Z28 Challenger.
Good news for us MOPAR guys.

Meh....I'm not gonna be hatin' on it. I think it will be interesting to see, if it ever gets built. BTW, is it just a coincidence that the guy's name is GILLES.....announcing the new BARRACUDA? :glasses7:

Ummm, I watched the actual video. There is no cuda for another few years and he said nothing about a new one being based on an Alfa.

from what I can see of it, here, it's rather unimpressive looking to me. Just my opinion, and I realize that if it does get built, it might not look anything like the images above. I'm just not on board with the 280zx type styling. Sorry.

Just my opinion, and I realize that if it does get built, it might not look anything like the images above.

It's got that overly swoopy concept-car look, like there's absolutely no WAY it could be anything like that and be ready for production and the real world.

Nice but who can afford it?

That is another issue, its a freaken rip off. No way--unless I was rich-rich--would I pay $40--50,000 for a car and a new car that will go down in value over the years. Least these 40 year old rides will hold their value and may even go up over the years.

Yeah a brand spanking new car has its perks yet to me its just not worth it. That 5 year old Saturn with 28,000 miles has severed me well the past 18 months. Paid $14,000 and have 39,000 miles on it now with no problems. It not too quick, not no chick magnet but gets me low 20's mpg and takes me where I wanna go and its paid for.

You can call it what ever you want ....but it aint a Cuda or Barracuda........sorry

little rx 7 ish I liked the challenger there missing on the darta nd cuda ill stay with my 64/65suntill they cam make it look like a 72 again liked the round tail lights and there was no way to mix them up with any cammaro that 1 there might as well sat datson

Sooooo.... Without Plymouth around, it's gonna be the Dodge Barracuda? Chrysler Barracuda? Mitsubishi Barracuda?? :|

I think all Mopar fans need to get together, throw 20 bucks in a pile, and we need to BUY CHRYSLER so we can STOP all this stupid ugly bullcrap from being developed. :\

Then we can hire a guy with REAL artistic vision: DOUG SCHRAMM! Artist behind these beautiful dreams:
AAR_Cuda_Final_vr2.jpg

Phantasm2006Cuda-DSchramm.jpg

8b675cdc30b69dc56cf25116025d51f2.jpg

It's a take-off of the current Challenger, but I think they look BEAUTIFUL, and would give my left tire to own one. Yes, yes I will!!

And that's not all, he's done a bunch of art like this, which can be found all over the web but not all in one place unfortunately... Still....

Here's a Roadrunner concept that I REALLY dig, except the fact it's more '69 in the back than '70, and the front could've been perfected a bit more......

RoadRunnerConcept-rr-DSchramm.jpg

RoadRunnerConcept-sd-DSchramm.jpg

RoadRunnerConcept-fr-DSchramm.jpg

And finally here's his take on a GTX concept, based on the '71 body style:
index.php

^ I would do many many questionable things to own one of those <33333333

- CK

I like the black cuda and the blue GTX concepts. I really wish chrysler could make these.

They sure could, but they won't. See, Chrysler is far too busy with new designs, and they are not original enough to come up with all new names for their products, so they simply rehash old names and slap them on whatever piece of **** is rolling off the line that week....

A 4-door Charger!?

Econo-box Dart!?

Pretty soon we'll have the luxury 4-door Roadrunner, the hatchback FWD Duster, the 4-door hatch econo-box Scamp, the Satellite motorcycle, the Dodge GTX 1500 Pickup, etc. etc. etc...

Chrysler needs new management.

- CK

Chrysler needs new management...they had the BEST management in the world a few years ago...

the US Government...LOL...

I said it a year ago and I'll say it again watch the rear window area change to a wrap around like the 70's alfetta GT and the first gen barracudas , that gives them enough cargo room for the general public , nobody wants another model in their lineup that can't carry a set of golf clubs , if it gets the blown Hemi I'm in and will be happy I've held on to my cash instead of buying a Chally { been real close a couple of times lol }.

I keep coming back to this thread for that GTX..... I'm in love, and REALLY wish Chrysler would pick Schramm up and put that GTX into production with zero modifications... If they did, I'd be in church every Sunday and Wednesday thanking God for 100% proving his existence. I'd be dancing on the pews and giving sermons about how Chrysler brought back Plymouth and hired Schramm to design one of the most beautiful Retro-inspired cars of all time!

Also, I've been thinking about that car since yesterday, here's the options I thought would go great with it:

Built on the Viper platform.

Engine:
6.4L Hemi (392)
7.0L Hemi (New 426)
Viper V10

Trans:
6.4: 4 or 5 speed column automatic, 5-speed manual
7.0L Hemi: 5 speed console or column auto, 6-speed manual
Viper V10: 6-speed manual only, Hurst pistol grip 2.0 (A revamp of the classic, with your choice of AK47, M16, 1911, Single-Action Army, or original Hurst-style grips.

Seats: Buckets, solid black leather or 2-tone black/grey, black/buckskin, black/body color. Black interior.

Standard dash, or Rallye dash with completely digital Tick-Tock-Tach.

Power sun/moon roof option

Direct-connect spoiler package, or front air dam and go-wing package.

Graphics packages

Upgraded stereo package that would include a full set of Infinity Kappa highs and mids with a pair of 12" (unknown brand atm) subwoofers on a high-powered amp installed on the rear axle hump in the trunk; tuned for sound quality and not just thump.

"Angel eye" marker rings to go around the headlights

Bumper-dump or side-dump exhaust systems (which would include just a square right in front of each rear wheel akin to that 'Cuda)

Med blue, dark blue, dark green, the old "High Impact" colors EXCLUDING pedophile purple but keeping Moulin Rouge, Red, black, white.

- CK

They sure could, but they won't. See, Chrysler is far too busy with new designs, and they are not original enough to come up with all new names for their products, so they simply rehash old names and slap them on whatever piece of **** is rolling off the line that week....

A 4-door Charger!?

Econo-box Dart!?

Pretty soon we'll have the luxury 4-door Roadrunner, the hatchback FWD Duster, the 4-door hatch econo-box Scamp, the Satellite motorcycle, the Dodge GTX 1500 Pickup, etc. etc. etc...

Chrysler needs new management

- CK

Actually they already made a dodge gtx. Its an argentina made A body in the 1970s they did a fwd hatchback duster in the 1980s.
I not keen on the red road runner concept pix as it reminds ne of GMs failed pontiac new ppgto

-
Back