New best for my new 408.

-
I know for a fact my gauges read low, real low but I hate to mess with them. My old setup is broke but honestly it doesn’t matter. Maybe I’ll get myself a new set for Christmas this year.

Guys are cutting 62 lights with a box. Wow.
Don’t see that around here. Low 20’s or better( usually better) or you are saddling up..lol

I hate to say this on a Mopar site but many Mopar racers only race Mopar events. Even though this races pays 1000.00 just like our weekly points days many points racers won’t race on non point days. The guy that beat me won and beat the track managers son in the final. His son races both box and no box classes every race so these guys get tough.

I hate to say this on a Mopar site but many Mopar racers only race Mopar events. Even though this races pays 1000.00 just like our weekly points days many points racers won’t race on non point days. The guy that beat me won and beat the track managers son in the final. His son races both box and no box classes every race so these guys get tough.

the hard core Mopar racers race all the time, just like everybody else does. We have plenty of them at my home track.
The guys you see at the Mopar events are the same types you see at Chevy and Ford events too.
They get the car out( to race) just a few times a year, and go to just see friends, hang out, and drop the hammer. Many have family, busy life, etc, and being at a track every weekend isn’t a priority
Different mindset from weekly racers and big money racers.
But Mopar guys aren’t unique, I see guys at our track who bring up cool cars 3 or 4 test and tunes a summer on Friday nights. Unload them, make 3 or 4 hits, saddle them up and leave before the weekend bracket races.
I am becoming that way. Grandkids , wife likes being out on the boat( as do I) Yada, Yada. Only so many nice weekends during the summer up here, have to be politically sound getting my racing fix in..lol
Every Saturday( and Friday afternoon/ evening) I am at the track means I am not at my business which is open on Saturday’s , and Fri till 6…long after I have to leave for the track.
If I was single, like you….. things would be simpler on the decision front of when to race..lol

Last edited:
the hard core Mopar racers race all the time, just like everybody else does. We have plenty of them at my home track.
The guys you see at the Mopar events are the same types you see at Chevy and Ford events too.
They get the car out( to race) just a few times a year, and go to just see friends, hang out, and drop the hammer. Many have family, busy life, etc, and being at a track every weekend isn’t a priority
Different mindset from weekly racers and big money racers.
But Mopar guys aren’t unique, I see guys at our track who bring up cool cars 3 or 4 test and tunes a summer on Friday nights. Unload them, make 3 or 4 hits, saddle them up and leave before the weekend bracket races.
I am becoming that way. Grandkids , wife likes being out on the boat( as do I) Yada, Yada. Only so many nice weekends during the summer up here, have to be politically sound getting my racing fix in..lol

Their entry fees help keep the track open. And when they do show up for the races, they offer up free passes through first round:thankyou:

Man John, it is just great to see you back out there. And you are cutting some serious good lights! Well except for that red one! That guy was renting space in your head! Hah! Super cool guy! Rock on!

not real happy about my lights yet but we are working on it. Pretty sure after tomorrow’s race I have an off week so I have to get a new rack ordered and check things over again. An off year surely hurt and I’m not back in racing shape yet.

I think everything you have been through the past two years you did outstanding, Tomorrow is a new day, give thanks where they belong , and go ahead and put some pressure on the competition. All the best.

Just to be able to do this 100% by myself at 66 years old is a blessing. Seriously thinking about getting at least one knee replacement (maybe both) over the winter to get away from constant pain. I’m down about 12 pounds even without being able to take my daily walks but 50 more would help bigtime.

Just to be able to do this 100% by myself at 66 years old is a blessing. Seriously thinking about getting at least one knee replacement (maybe both) over the winter to get away from constant pain. I’m down about 12 pounds even without being able to take my daily walks but 50 more would help bigtime.
We talking e.t. Here? Lol. Keep on keeping on.

Don’t put the knee replacement off any longer. Just get it done. It is life changing (positive). Ask virtually anyone who has ever had it done about the process and every single one will tell you their only regret was waiting so long to do it, ask me how I know. It changes everything, you do not even realize the pain you are walking around with. And let’s talk about quality of sleep, man what a difference. You ever want the gritty details and some very non professional advice on it send me a PM. As a life long hockey player and veteran of five knee surgeries including total replacement I have learned some things about it. We are roughly same age as well. With your mind set and overall personality traits you are a great candidate for it. The rehab is not easy but very worth it.

Don’t put the knee replacement off any longer. Just get it done. It is life changing (positive). Ask virtually anyone who has ever had it done about the process and every single one will tell you their only regret was waiting so long to do it, ask me how I know. It changes everything, you do not even realize the pain you are walking around with. And let’s talk about quality of sleep, man what a difference. You ever want the gritty details and some very non professional advice on it send me a PM. As a life long hockey player and veteran of five knee surgeries including total replacement I have learned some things about it. We are roughly same age as well. With your mind set and overall personality traits you are a great candidate for it. The rehab is not easy but very worth it.

I’m an expert procrastinator and have been. My right knee has been operated on three times to hack away at my meniscus. Butchered twice and repaired as well as possible by my current doctor. At 250 pounds he would love to see me lose some weight before getting them replaced so we shall see.

Day two

typical Sunday race at keystone. 2/3’s the cars and rush rush rush. Heck I didn’t even have a chance for my daily caffeine fix. I knew I missed the light so I better hit the practice tree and wake up. The car is doing its job.
AC1CDFAB-F12B-4F9B-90B5-B7A4133CC36D.jpeg

Day two

typical Sunday race at keystone. 2/3’s the cars and rush rush rush. Heck I didn’t even have a chance for my daily caffeine fix. I knew I missed the light so I better hit the practice tree and wake up. The car is doing its job.
View attachment 1715944044

got a D5 racer all the way up there..?

xeroxing those time slips:thumbsup:

Don’t put the knee replacement off any longer. Just get it done. It is life changing (positive). Ask virtually anyone who has ever had it done about the process and every single one will tell you their only regret was waiting so long to do it, ask me how I know. It changes everything, you do not even realize the pain you are walking around with. And let’s talk about quality of sleep, man what a difference. You ever want the gritty details and some very non professional advice on it send me a PM. As a life long hockey player and veteran of five knee surgeries including total replacement I have learned some things about it. We are roughly same age as well. With your mind set and overall personality traits you are a great candidate for it. The rehab is not easy but very worth it.[/QUOTE
Get the new knees! My girlfriend had one done, walked into the house on it four hours later (but she was pretty well drugged up,and has a big pain tolerancel) .Her sister also had one done,finally, after kaiser tried everything they could to avoid it.
Both love their new knees, and wish they had had both done. Both gonna get the other one done asap.

I forgot to hit post on the last post and now I went and lost 3rd round again. I went physically and mentally dead at the starting line. I gotta hit the gym and get fit. Anyway I had fun, went some round, spent time with friends, and the car ran great. Going to do a porting job this week and keep moving.
BECE4387-217F-4FBB-8AD8-7E810BCBFC82.jpeg

-
Back