new dart at home

-

james31

Reaction score
i thought i picked up a fairly nice 1969 dart 4 door. drove 7 hours to go and get it then an other 7 hours back, dropped it off at my dads place and made it home at about 2 am. did my work cycle and went to my dads to really see what i had bought. the ride on the trailer was not kind at all, the rust came through from the vibration. the fenders, rockers, quarters, all have holes in them. the frame has long holes behind the spring shackles. i bought it to drive a round until i got my 68 done but now i am not putting a bunch of money into this so i can drive it. so i am thinking of parting it out to recoupe so of the money i spent. here are some pics of the carView attachment dart1.jpg

View attachment dart2.jpg

View attachment dart3.jpg

Hows the fenders on the car.............I feel bad for you. I bought my 67 Dart back in Nov. and got it home to find a few surprises as well.More than one hole in the floor, the doors are 73, the fenders well alil cooked and 73 as well, Besides the rear seat all interior is wrong year too........I feel for the car and never really looked hard with my head.....I need fenders bad. So if there ok could you let me know,,Thanks Edd

Looks good for a driver. Drive as is and enjoy.

Since you are building a 68, and if this car runs and drives ok I would fix the frame rails and then drive it like it is.

i thought about driving her but it has to pass a mechanical up here. with the rockers bad and the frame it will take some time to fix it. give me a week or so and i will decide if i am going to part her out. it does run great and i am attatched to her. i do not want to drive my wifes nova again this year.

i thought about driving her but it has to pass a mechanical up here. ------------------ i do not want to drive my wifes nova again this year.

ROFLMAO! I hear ya brother, I hear ya!!!! =D>

Hows the fenders on the car.............I feel bad for you. I bought my 67 Dart back in Nov. and got it home to find a few surprises as well.More than one hole in the floor, the doors are 73, the fenders well alil cooked and 73 as well, Besides the rear seat all interior is wrong year too........I feel for the car and never really looked hard with my head.....I need fenders bad. So if there ok could you let me know,,Thanks Edd

Ed please remember that the head light bucket is not correct on the 69.

Sorry to hear, if ya can patch the frame and drive it as is. Im sure that if you decide to part it, there are lots of wanted and needed goodies. Good luck

Patch er up and drive it year round if you have to.If it drives and steers fine,the rest is just cosmetic.Good luck.

-
Back