New Dart Owner Needs Engine Trans Advice

-

JKicker

Jimmy
Reaction score
My 67 Dart has a slant 6. I was wondering if a 318 will bolt up to the 727 trans or do I need to get a new trans?

That's what I thought. Thanks for the clarification. One of the local boys at Auto-zone said that it did, but I couldn't see how with the starter/fly wheel configuration... What Trans or combo should I be looking at. Don't need anything too hot, but would like to replace the slant six.

slant six bellhousing pattern is different, if you dont need anything hot could just get a small block 904 auto trans

That's what I thought. Thanks for the clarification. One of the local boys at Auto-zone said that it did, but I couldn't see how with the starter/fly wheel configuration... What Trans or combo should I be looking at. Don't need anything too hot, but would like to replace the slant six.

I had a kragen boy once ask if my dart had a dart block in it. He said the darts with the dart blocks were really rare......

You'll be fine with a 904 trans on that 318 you should be able to find one cheaply

..a 360 should hook with the 727..and are really good prices at the junk yard..and relatively inexpensive to upgrade...

More than likely, you car has a 904 behind your slant 6. If you want to convert to a small block V8, you're best bet is to buy an A-body donor car because you're going to need a ton of parts to do the changeover....engine complete with all the brackets, trans, K-member, exhaust, radiator, wiring, bigger brakes, etc. There have been many threads here dealing with the same project. Run a search and you'll get more info.

-
Back