New Demon Carb looks like a thermo

-
Somebody finally realized the best design in street carburetors. Sure took long enough.

Is it a spreadbore though ? The article only says it will fit either spread or square bore intakes. Wonder if they will make a bigger version.

Nope, it's a three barrel. Has the same effect of a spread bore but will fit either style intake.

.......... it's a three barrel.............

Three barrel, three barrel, I've heard that term somewhere before...................

3bbl.jpg

Stromberg3bblbottom.jpg

Boy $105.00 for a Carb, those were the days....bet this one is gonna cost a small fortune, most likely going to have to add a zero to that $105.00 price...

Boy $105.00 for a Carb, those were the days....bet this one is gonna cost a small fortune, most likely going to have to add a zero to that $105.00 price...

nope

"The new 625 Street Demon joins the line of Street Demon carburetors already offered by Demon Carburetion. Available in all aluminum tumble-burnished, tumble-burnished with a polymer fuel bowl, and all aluminum hand polished designs, the 625 Street Demon starts at just $349.99."

Wow that is very reasonable, figured since BG started back up again that they would have to charge an arm and a leg, hopefully they will release a 800 cfm, as 625 is too small for me. still a very cool carb!!

OUTSTANDING! No mention of the Thermoquad in the article.
Glad to see something done with the design.

If its a 3 barrel how is it going to work with a dual plane intake ? Wont the throttle plate hit the divider ?

If its a 3 barrel how is it going to work with a dual plane intake ? Wont the throttle plate hit the divider ?

Looks like the plate/butterfly sits up in the base plate a good bit, and is V shaped at the center (hence the 'goggle' term they used in the article) that would allow it to clear the divider. I would think, anyway.

I'm dying to see one in use,this would be great on my Magnum.

Looks like the plate/butterfly sits up in the base plate a good bit, and is V shaped at the center (hence the 'goggle' term they used in the article) that would allow it to clear the divider. I would think, anyway.

Seems like that would cause a disturbance in flow and possible vacuum issues

..heard Holley bought the rights to BG
..dual plane manifold needs a notch like the old LD340
..larger cfm in the works
..should solve some heat problems!

I think though, that since the carburetor still has 4 venturis, they probably still classify it as a 4 barrel. I don't see a need for a notch. I believe that back butterfly will clear a 4 hole intake. The dip goes all the way to the shaft, plus the whole shaft is set into the base plate a pretty good ways. I bet it will work on any four barrel type intake. The advertisement actually says that.

Whoops. I am mistaken. Look at that main body. Definitely only a big single venturi on the rear so it is a 3 barrel.

StreetDemonBrochure.jpg

I like it. the one thing i didn't like about the TQ was tune-ability I'm hoping thay built a good bit into this one. David

whos betting the cost of good TQ's will rise once people get into this design? Im wondering if they are going to market it as a "universal performance carb" or introduce a "Race Demon" version that is more performance orientated. like dual fuel feeds and no choke? That sure seems like a Super-Duper T-Quad to me.

412 Stroker, In 1975 a NEW Carter competition series 750 AFB cost me $69.95 !!
I was making $4.00 a hour working at a Dodge dealership....
That Demon looks great and if it works as good,, they will have a winner on their hands.

-
Back