New Dodge Daytona

-

rlevs

Reaction score
okay going to try this again. well got up this morning and told my son to take the door off the jeep. nice day enjoy the nice weather. well on our way to church this after noon we had to make a Michigan Left to turn around on M-59. well we made our left and there in the display spot out front of Parkway Dodge there sat what i thought was a Dodge Daytona. well i have heard that they where commimg out with it. well my son went to go get his girl friend and ask him to go get some pic's. so what do you think?
img_1255.jpg

img_1254.jpg

img_1253.jpg

img_1256.jpg

The nose, wing and taillights blend in with the challenger lines nice. Is that from the factory, or is it dealer installed?

Must not be new, it has license plates...looks ok but the paint scheme on the rear fenders is horrible, also lose the "Plymouth" Superbird black nose decals and Cuda fender louvers.......it's a Dodge.

Must not be new, it has license plates...looks ok but the paint scheme at the rear is horrible, also lose the "Plymouth" Superbird black nose decals and Cuda fender louvers.......it's a Dodge.

I agree... while I think the car overall doesnt look all that bad, the rear paint looks like an after thought.. and not scaled right for the car.. and also, the 'bird' nose decals need to go... Daytona's dont get those LOL

Due to the "aero equipment" I wonder how much better the mpg and top speed are increased.

These cars have been out for years. They are made from an aftermarket kit that's been out almost as long as the new Challenger itself. Old news.

Its not My taste. Looks like a boat, with a wing, and Cuda louvers???

yes come to think about it wan't the shaker on the cuda and the side vents are wrong

sorry was thinking that it was something new that i missed from Dodge but the more i look at it i think it is a kit. and the plate does not look like a dealer plate

Must not be new, it has license plates...looks ok but the paint scheme on the rear fenders is horrible, also lose the "Plymouth" Superbird black nose decals and Cuda fender louvers.......it's a Dodge.

Anymore, does it matter?

Some of the packages available on the Ram have irritated the hell outta me for years. A "GTX" package on a (then) Dodge pick up?

The high shouldered quarter panels on the Challenger are more reminiscent of the E-body Barracuda than the E-body Challenger to the point that aftermarket 'Cuda conversion for the new Challenger actually looks better than the stock trim.

The problem is that the factories (and some aftermarket companies) think that "retro" is the way to go with designing and packages in some sort of weird tribute to the older vehicles when all it does detract from what's modern and actually sullies the name of the originals.

I actually had one guy tell me he owned a GTX, when it turned out to be a Ram pick up. He didn't like it that I pointed out that he still owned a Ram and it wasn't a GTX, it was "GTX" package on a Ram.

I'll get flamed for this, but for all the whining and gnashing of teeth over the new Dart not being retro-ed as an A-body, I'll say thank God.

As far as the Daytona conversion on the new Challenger? Not to my tastes. The nose and the spoiler looked good on a Charger 500, not so good on this platform.

I will say this. I am GLAD that these kits are out. I kinda like them. The fender gills and shaker scoop? Not so much. But the wing and the nose pay homeage to some great racing history I for one am proud of. Maybe Chrysler will pick up on it and do it right. You never know.

X2 abodyjoe Ugly is all get out :coffee2:
Like 66340SEDAN said, Wow all these new Dodge Challengers and they want to use Plymouth designed equipment (can't they stay with Challenger) The wing is to tall/big JMO.

Uh, I'll take a pass on that. One question; does the nose cone and wing push the Challenger's weight over the 5000lb mark?

i feel bad for posting it and the only reason i did is was out front at the dodge dealership. then after i posted some one said that it was a kit. then i went back and looked at the pic's again, shaker hood, side vents. the kit was released i think at the 09 sema show or there was one there

Don't feel bad about it. It was new and interesting to you, and you wanted to share it with us. Nothing wrong with that! :)

Hey, dont feel bad. It may not be My taste but I still wanted to see it.

I remember the controversy when it came out...I had forgotten about it.

Each to his/her own. I think Chrysler is really messed up on they names..

Grassy

-
Back